House G
03-09-2015, 07:06 PM
Sporting News: http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball
Congratulations, guys!

Bob Green
03-09-2015, 07:10 PM
1st Team: Jahlil Okafor
2nd Team: Quinn Cook

I'm really happy to see Cook get the recognition he deserves. He has had a fantastic senior season so far with the best yet to come.

CDu
03-09-2015, 07:26 PM
Totally agreed Bob. A really nice honor for Cook and Okafor. So happy for Cook to be honored for what has been a terrific senior year!

Wander
03-09-2015, 07:31 PM
Is Pangos and not Wiltjer going to be the Gonzaga representative on these teams? That seems surprising to me.

dukelifer
03-09-2015, 07:41 PM
1st Team: Jahlil Okafor
2nd Team: Quinn Cook

I'm really happy to see Cook get the recognition he deserves. He has had a fantastic senior season so far with the best yet to come.
Really surprised to not see Marcus Paige there- given how much the ACC writers and coaches think of his season.;)

FerryFor50
03-09-2015, 07:42 PM
So 2nd team AA = 2nd team ACC?

Isn't the AA pool a tad bigger than the one in the ACC?

CDu
03-09-2015, 07:49 PM
So 2nd team AA = 2nd team ACC?

Isn't the AA pool a tad bigger than the one in the ACC?

Yeah, but a larger voting pool means greater distribution of the votes for the lesser-known guys. For example, Grant barely made 2nd Team, Christmas made 3rd Team, and guys like Brogdon and Hanlan got no love at all.

Actually, looking at some of the other names, it doesn't seem like a really well done list honestly. But, better to be on a poorly-done list than not on a list at all.

gurufrisbee
03-09-2015, 09:06 PM
Is Pangos and not Wiltjer going to be the Gonzaga representative on these teams? That seems surprising to me.

I think I read Pangos already got WCC POY. He didn't score like Witjer but there is a lot of defense and leadership and passing there.

CDu
03-09-2015, 09:39 PM
I think I read Pangos already got WCC POY. He didn't score like Witjer but there is a lot of defense and leadership and passing there.

Still, there are more than a couple of guys I would have gone with over Trimble, Pangos, Wright, and Hilliard (in fact, at least one teammate of one of those guys would have gotten my vote.

BlueDevilBrowns
03-09-2015, 09:52 PM
Really surprised to not see Marcus Paige there- given how much the ACC writers and coaches think of his season.;)

Well to be fair, Paige has been injured this year.

I know no one in the media has mentioned it at all, but I thought I divulge that little piece of "Insider" info.