PDA

View Full Version : A Jab-a-Jah solution

Eakane
03-09-2015, 01:28 PM
Apologies if this has already been suggested (and I started a thread two weeks ago asking the question), but in light of Jah's woeful shooting (and you could really see it was in his head as he went to the free throw line late in the Carolina game, and missed the front end of a one and one, BADLY), and in light of the need to have him on the floor, why not have him take the ball out? This frees up both Quinn and Tyus to receive the ball, and if they're both doubled, then somebody, maybe Matt or Gray, would be open. If Jah is out of the game, then I'd have either Amile or Justise inbound the ball. We've got four really good (two exceptional) FT shooters, and 4 pretty bad ones. In a tight game in the last few minutes, isn't this the way to go?

gam7
03-09-2015, 01:35 PM
Apologies if this has already been suggested (and I started a thread two weeks ago asking the question), but in light of Jah's woeful shooting (and you could really see it was in his head as he went to the free throw line late in the Carolina game, and missed the front end of a one and one, BADLY), and in light of the need to have him on the floor, why not have him take the ball out? This frees up both Quinn and Tyus to receive the ball, and if they're both doubled, then somebody, maybe Matt or Gray, would be open. If Jah is out of the game, then I'd have either Amile or Justise inbound the ball. We've got four really good (two exceptional) FT shooters, and 4 pretty bad ones. In a tight game in the last few minutes, isn't this the way to go?

I know it's not the main point of your post, but I don't think he missed it that badly. I thought he looked OK shooting it, but just missed it. The one he airballed against Wake was a bad miss.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
03-09-2015, 01:42 PM
I think K always prefers to have a guard take the ball out on our offensive side of the court. I always preferred this method as well because a guard typically has better passing skills, court vision, and the ability to make better decisions than a big. However, Jah has shown good passing ability and he is tall so that's helpful when the other team puts a big on the inbound passer. Maybe Coach K will try it once he sees this post.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-09-2015, 01:45 PM

This is being discussed at length in several threads, FYI

weezie
03-09-2015, 01:48 PM
Has anybody brought up that old chestnut, underhand free-throws, on those threads? :cool: