PDA

View Full Version : The Unpredictable

NYBri
03-08-2015, 05:19 PM
I have been thinking that the best word to describe this version of the Devils this year, compared to years past, is the fact that they have become "Unpredictable."

After the Miami game, Coach L and the Miami players talked about the fact that beating Duke with all its talent was fairly clear. Drive and dish on offense and double team Okafor on D. The fact that they were so predictable was their weakness. And, to a large extent, folks here on the most savvy bball board in the land, pretty much agreed.

Then the change.

Zone. Rotation changes. Rasheed. The press. Okafor holding the ball to draw the double team. All of a sudden we have an arsenal of ways to beat people. Look at the Clemson game. UNC twice. And the weirdest game of all, Wake, with the bizzaro stat sheet.

I would venture to say that the reason we can be so unpredictable now, is that we have players who can do so many things well, but it has appeared to me that with K making our approach so unpredictable from game to game, and even within a game, we are really hard to prep for and to actually bring down.

Unpredictability and the ability to excel at it has made us the most dangerous team we've had in a long while.

It has made watching them such a joy, because I don't know from game to game how we are going to do it, so I'm always thrilled to not only see us winning, but doing it in so many different ways.

weezie
03-08-2015, 05:50 PM
Well put. So, we owe Laranaga and his big-mouthed backcourt a debt of gratitude.

Now, let's crush all comers.