PDA

View Full Version : Lauren Hill, Hero

Jim3k
03-05-2015, 02:41 PM
I don't live anywhere near Cincinnati, so I was unfamiliar with Lauren Hill's story. Now that I've heard it, I think you should hear it, too.

She's a Div. III player, a freshman at Mount St. Joseph College. And she has an inoperable brain tumor. She has only played in four games, making five layups before being unable to play further. Yet, her school's conference, the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference, named her to their all-conference first team. Not for her play on the floor, but for her immense level of courage.

It just goes to show that if, ill as Lauren was, you are able raise $1.3 million for research into her type of brain cancer, people will honor you.

One of the many stories out there about this wonderful kid: Sporting News (http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2015-03-04/lauren-hill-all-conference-team-mount-st-joseph-cancer-research).

I suspect she'd rather trade those honors for good health.

Best wishes, Lauren

AIM4excellence
03-05-2015, 07:56 PM
I don't live anywhere near Cincinnati, so I was unfamiliar with Lauren Hill's story. Now that I've heard it, I think you should hear it, too.

She's a Div. III player, a freshman at Mount St. Joseph College. And she has an inoperable brain tumor. She has only played in four games, making five layups before being unable to play further. Yet, her school's conference, the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference, named her to their all-conference first team. Not for her play on the floor, but for her immense level of courage.

It just goes to show that if, ill as Lauren was, you are able raise $1.3 million for research into her type of brain cancer, people will honor you.

One of the many stories out there about this wonderful kid: Sporting News (http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2015-03-04/lauren-hill-all-conference-team-mount-st-joseph-cancer-research).

I suspect she'd rather trade those honors for good health.

Best wishes, Lauren

Great story. Lauren Hill is living her life passionately, even while knowing it will end much too soon. And she's bringing the rest of us with her. May her life strengthen our resolve to live our own lives passionately and fully.