PDA

View Full Version : Paging Wheat, the box and one

Eakane
03-05-2015, 01:14 PM
Say Wheat, if Coach Roy takes your idea from last we met to play a box and one, is Grayson going to be the one?
Maybe instead you should play a triangle and two, covering Grayson and Cook?
Carolina might win, but it's no the fait accompli some folks over at IC think it is

OldPhiKap
03-05-2015, 01:16 PM
Say Wheat, if Coach Roy takes your idea from last we met to play a box and one, is Grayson going to be the one?
Carolina might win, but it's no the fait accompli some folks over at IC think it is

I think they need to play a box and four. Not sure how that schemes out though.

94duke
03-05-2015, 01:19 PM

you just have to add in the three refs to get to eight. ;)

devildeac
03-05-2015, 02:07 PM

Wouldn't be the first time:rolleyes:.

BD80
03-05-2015, 02:12 PM

Thinking outside the box again?

PSurprise
03-05-2015, 02:21 PM
"We don't play zone, we play the pentagon and none."

Matches
03-05-2015, 03:07 PM

There is a Kennedy Meeks joke in there somewhere.....

elvis14
03-05-2015, 03:10 PM

We have seen this scheme before...we call it the Tyler HansCheater years.

weezie
03-05-2015, 03:46 PM
Lordy...the return of the deathless leg-kick is nigh....

Wheat/"/"/"
03-05-2015, 06:48 PM

I didn't get to see Grayson's good game at Wake, but he will obviously need to be guarded.

Cook is the first player that teams need to find a way to neutralize to have a chance to beat Duke, IMO. That was my tongue in check point about playing a box in one. Roy didn't answer my call on that suggestion :)

Jones and Winslow have proved they can also step up and beat you, so you've gotta guard them too...but if Cook goes off, it's over.

Okafor is going to get his and UNC has enough inside play to neutralize him and Jefferson.

davekay1971
03-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Duke's ability to beat Carolina depends much more on our defense than it does theirs. I'd enjoy seeing a box and one with Cook shutting down Paige, but I'd be too busy dying of shock to truly enjoy it. If we play the kind of defense against Carolina that we played during most of the Cuse game and the first half of the Wake game, Duke should walk out of the Dean Dome with a win.

PS: when do we get to rename the Dean Dome the Roy Williams Center For Independent Study?

gumbomoop
03-05-2015, 07:53 PM
I didn't get to see Grayson's good game at [against] Wake, but he will obviously need to be guarded.

Only if he gets a chance to play.

Krzyzewski's undoubtedly ready to shorten the rotation to 6-7. Except for foul problems, I imagine Grayson and Marshall will see limited minutes. Maybe just a little more PT next Thursday.

Or, that paragraph is borderline snippy, as K knows he really needs an 8-man rotation from here on out, and not just in blowouts.

Grayson does fit K's late-season small-ball preference, but surely Amile and Marshall must help counter Heels' rebounding.