PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Wake Forest (Mar 4, 2015)

JBDuke
03-04-2015, 10:05 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 94-51 beat down of Wake Forest tonight?

OldSchool
03-04-2015, 10:10 PM
What? No option for Tony Romo?? Clearly, he made the difference in the outcome.

DDoc74
03-04-2015, 10:13 PM
Haven't posted in 10-15 years. But GA's night.....just had to send kudos!

Papa John
03-04-2015, 10:14 PM
Quinn wants everyone to vote for Grayson-Freaking-Allen!

NSDukeFan
03-04-2015, 10:14 PM
That was an easy one. Great job Grayson! That was fun.

gotoguy
03-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Grayson "shades of Jim Spanarkel" Allen!!

NYBri
03-04-2015, 10:30 PM
Grayson! I just hope he doesn't declare.

Native
03-04-2015, 11:53 PM
Grayson deserves this based on his performance. But this was Quinn's night. Quinn's the only one left from his recruiting class — not counting Marshall, who redshirted — who will graduate alongside me at Duke. Proud to have a guy like him represent my years at Duke.

Really going to miss this guy.

Acymetric
03-05-2015, 12:22 AM
Grayson deserves this based on his performance. But this was Quinn's night. Quinn's the only one left from his recruiting class — not counting Marshall, who redshirted — who will graduate alongside me at Duke. Proud to have a guy like him represent my years at Duke.

Really going to miss this guy.

It was a pretty big (and talented, at least it appeared at the time) class when it came in too. I'll be honest I was not a big fan of Quinn his first two years, liked him better last year but did not think he was the answer and doubted he would rise to the occasion. Now one of my favorite players of the last ten years and probably even further back than that (my brain is stuck in high school, whenever I say ten years I really mean the 90s...)

Absolutely love his leadership, his guts, the maturity he shows. It is clear that the strong sense of brotherhood on this team seems to emanate from Quinn outwards (although the other guys are great and contribute to that atmosphere too). His senior speech was fantastic, sincere but not overly formal and you can tell he loves the entire extended Duke family.

"Let's go win number five!"

DukeDevil
03-05-2015, 07:37 AM
Quinn gets my vote not because I'm ignoring Grayson's amazing performance, but because on senior night, up big, when he had every right to be selfish and try to boost his scoring, he showed the rest of the team what being a senior leader is all about.

MCFinARL
03-05-2015, 08:59 AM
Quinn gets my vote not because I'm ignoring Grayson's amazing performance, but because on senior night, up big, when he had every right to be selfish and try to boost his scoring, he showed the rest of the team what being a senior leader is all about.

Well said--I voted for Grayson, but you are absolutely right about this.

superdave
03-05-2015, 09:16 AM
I voted for Quinn because I love how he has grown into a leader. The guys on this team clearly look up to him. We all know what Quinn's goal is the rest of the way, and even if he comes close but short, he will be an all-time fan favorite.

I recall when Quinn was being recruited (by Nolan!?) and Myck Kabongo showed interest in Duke. Quinn was coming off knee surgery and was reported to have lost a step. Kabongo seemed like a better option at the time. Sometimes you get lucky as a fan, but this shows how we should trust our coaching staff. Quinn was a Duke guy guy and Kabongo was not. We got Quinn, he grew each season and this senior season has been a dream for him and for us. We really are spoiled.

Hats off to Quinn Cook!

Super "Ten Games to Go" Dave

NYBri
03-05-2015, 10:19 AM
AND it was great seeing Nolan in the house last night.

elvis14
03-05-2015, 10:23 AM
I voted for Grayson because this is a Man of the Match poll and not a poll for a lifetime achievement award.