PDA

View Full Version : DBR Podcast #15 - Okafor Theory, NCAA Seeding, and an anti-UNC rant

JasonEvans
03-02-2015, 10:18 AM
https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast/episode-15-3115-march-madness-is-upon-us
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dbr-podcast/id954964236?mt=2
http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/58077/details

0:00 - Jason compares his weekly basketball game with the Duke basketball team
1:30 - Reflections on the Syracuse game in which Sam compares Jason to the worst posters on the bulletin board
12:00 - Reflections on the Va Tech game in which Sam says this was almost the game where free throws killed us
17:30 - Talking about The Okafor Theory, which Jason kinda, sorta actually defends
29:30 - Previewing Wake with Donald talking about Cook's final home game and Sam marveling at how bad Virginia crushed Wake
35:30 - Previewing Carolina in which Donald says, "Umm, we need to rebound."
40:30 - Lets talk NCAA tournament seeding and Donald explains why he thinks we won't get stuck in Kentucky's region.
47:00 - Other ACC teams and the NCAA Tourney, which mostly consists of us lamenting NC State's inconsistency
52:05 - Player of the week picks
54:20 - Final thoughts, Cook's last home game and Jason goes on an EPIC ANTI-UNC RANT!

throatybeard
03-02-2015, 11:09 AM
First of all--and God knows I'm the last person on earth who's a language prescriptivist--the "Okafor theory" is not even close to being a theory. You can stick whatever adjective phrase you want to in front of 'hypothesis,' but I'm going to go with "mildly interesting."

Billy Dat
03-03-2015, 01:39 PM
Cameron didn't like any hint of academic impropriety....he has very high standards that I appreciate. He also sounded off when Syracuse was mentioned, rubbing salt in the wound of the recent beat down.

I also appreciate Jason calling the Heels...SCUM! It was a fine break of a usually more contained verbal veneer that I liked and think needs to show itself more on the pod.

By the way, a pre-Duke-wedding cockail party should have a large screen showing the game, no one should be reduced to watching on their phones.

JasonEvans
03-03-2015, 04:56 PM
I also appreciate Jason calling the Heels...SCUM! It was a fine break of a usually more contained verbal veneer that I liked and think needs to show itself more on the pod.

You know, that rant was not planned. I hadn't even meant to bring the story up but then remembered it right at the end of the podcast. As I was describing the story, I found my blood boiling and the ridiculousness of it washed over me. I did get kinda heated there, didn't I? Ha!

As for Cameron, I'm worried we are going to lose his timely commentary. He is being courted by a UVA podcast that currently has a poodle doing the barking for them. They are concerned that their increasing prominence in the world of college hoops means they should upgrade to a louder dog and they made Cameron a very nice offer. He's mulling it over. The sticking point that should keep him in our camp is their insistence that he be renamed JP.

Jason "he's sleeping on his decision" Evans

Dev11
03-03-2015, 06:10 PM
You know, that rant was not planned. I hadn't even meant to bring the story up but then remembered it right at the end of the podcast. As I was describing the story, I found my blood boiling and the ridiculousness of it washed over me. I did get kinda heated there, didn't I? Ha!

As for Cameron, I'm worried we are going to lose his timely commentary. He is being courted by a UVA podcast that currently has a poodle doing the barking for them. They are concerned that their increasing prominence in the world of college hoops means they should upgrade to a louder dog and they made Cameron a very nice offer. He's mulling it over. The sticking point that should keep him in our camp is their insistence that he be renamed JP.

Jason "he's sleeping on his decision" Evans

I hear that if you send your dog to doggy day care in Chapel Hill for six months, they'll give him a bachelor's degree.

Newton_14
03-03-2015, 10:10 PM
I hear that if you send your dog to doggy day care in Chapel Hill for six months, they'll give him a bachelor's degree.

They will then offer him their 3 month program to start and complete Graduate School. Now who can turn down those deals? An undergrad and grad degree in 9 months? Sign Cameron up! He can then focus on improving his time in the 40 for the NFL Combine! :)

gurufrisbee
03-04-2015, 12:32 AM
Very good show. I did love the "they are SCUM" line. I think you guys were a little harsh on the ACC bubble teams. Sure they have some bad losses in there, but they all have to play 7-9 games against Duke, UVA, LVille, NDame, and NC. That's ridiculous compared to EVERY OTHER BUBBLE team out there (except in the Big 12).