PDA

View Full Version : WLax: Notre Dame @ Duke, 3/1/15, 1200 EST

burnspbesq
03-01-2015, 01:01 PM
Duke has dominated the first half, and leads 10-1 at halftime in the ACC opener for both teams. Katie Trees has four goals for the Blue Devils. Kerrin Maurer has been Fowleresque on draws, winning 10 of 12.

MCFinARL
03-01-2015, 01:12 PM
Duke has dominated the first half, and leads 10-1 at halftime in the ACC opener for both teams. Katie Trees has four goals for the Blue Devils. Kerrin Maurer has been Fowleresque on draws, winning 10 of 12.

Yikes! Impressive. Hope they can keep that up in the second half. This year's team is off to a good start.

burnspbesq
03-01-2015, 01:59 PM
As the English soccer writers like to say, "a statement of intent" from the Duke women. They totally dominated every phase of the game en route to burying the Fighting Irish by two touchdowns.

A seven-point day (5g, 2a) for Katie Trees. Four goals for Brigid Smith. Kerrin Maurer 16-for-22 on draws. Even giving up a behind-the-back goal for the second week in a row can't take the shine off this one.

Duke goes to 6-0, 1-0 in ACC play. VaTech is up next, on Friday.

burnspbesq
03-01-2015, 02:23 PM
If you had told me a month ago that on March 1, the only undefeated teams left in the ACC would be Duke, Boston College, and Louisville, I would have ordered a drug test. This is shaping up to be truly insane.

MCFinARL
03-01-2015, 02:57 PM
If you had told me a month ago that on March 1, the only undefeated teams left in the ACC would be Duke, Boston College, and Louisville, I would have ordered a drug test. This is shaping up to be truly insane.

Agreed. Of course it helps that Maryland is not in the ACC any more--although that fact seems to have escaped the NCAA web masters (http://www.ncaa.com/sports/lacrosse-women/d1), who reported last week that Duke had joined "fellow ACC members Maryland, North Carolina and Syracuse in the top five of the IWLCA poll."

Looks like a very interesting season indeed.