PDA

View Full Version : Florida State's Xavier Rathan-Mayes- Scores 30 Points In 4:38 Against Miami

Newton_14
02-27-2015, 02:08 PM
I looked for a thread on this but did not see one. This is unreal. The kid pulls the college version of the Klay Thompson show. Rathan-Mayes scored 30 freaking points in the final 4 mins 38 seconds of the game against Miami. That has to be a record of some sort. I have seen guys get hot before but nothing compared to this. I listened to Wes Durham on local radio yesterday who had the privilege of calling the game and seeing this feat in person.

That my friends, is getting it done. From the home page article: That's 26 straight points, 8-10 and six treys in there. He had five points in the first 35:22 of the game. 26 in a row, Six 3's, and 8 for 10 shooting in less than 5 minutes of game action. Extrapolate those numbers for 40 minutes!

The kid is just a freshman. Why do I get the feeling he is going to light us up in a bad way sometime down the road. Just hope it isn't this year in the ACC Tourney!

FerryFor50
02-27-2015, 02:11 PM
I looked for a thread on this but did not see one. This is unreal. The kid pulls the college version of the Klay Thompson show. Rathan-Mayes scored 30 freaking points in the final 4 mins 38 seconds of the game against Miami. That has to be a record of some sort. I have seen guys get hot before but nothing compared to this. I listened to Wes Durham on local radio yesterday who had the privilege of calling the game and seeing this feat in person.

That my friends, is getting it done. From the home page article: That's 26 straight points, 8-10 and six treys in there. He had five points in the first 35:22 of the game. 26 in a row, Six 3's, and 8 for 10 shooting in less than 5 minutes of game action. Extrapolate those numbers for 40 minutes!

The kid is just a freshman. Why do I get the feeling he is going to light us up in a bad way sometime down the road. Just hope it isn't this year in the ACC Tourney!

I think it's worth mentioning that Duke held him to 5 points on 2-7 shooting in Tallahassee. ;)

flyingdutchdevil
02-27-2015, 02:12 PM
I think it's worth mentioning that Duke held him to 5 points on 2-7 shooting in Tallahassee. ;)

Yeah, but Miami still won :(

FerryFor50
02-27-2015, 02:19 PM
Yeah, but Miami still won :(

Too bad we're talking about FSU. ;)

flyingdutchdevil
02-27-2015, 02:22 PM
Too bad we're talking about FSU. ;)

I know. I was being facetious with the other team.

HaveFunExpectToWin
02-27-2015, 03:19 PM
That's amazing. I immediately thought of when Shan Foster had a crazy performance like this for Vandy against Miss St back in '08. I the last 10 min and OT he hit 9 threes in a row and finished with 42. http://youtu.be/qUQyS6M2DAA

Actually, this sounds closer to what Scheyer did in high school. 21 points in 75 seconds. He finished with 52.

http://youtu.be/SEjogKE7voY