PDA

View Full Version : Coast to Coast

SupaDave
02-26-2015, 10:26 AM
I don't think I've seen it debated ad nauseum just yet so I'll bring it up.

Winslow on the fast break is gonna save our season. If we can get about 4 or more of those a game from the kid then I see big things happening. It's such a deadly weapon. Very few teams in the country have what looks like Larry Johnson on the break. Lots of opportunities for 3 point plays and we will need to keep some teams in foul trouble.

We have been very effective when pushing the ball and I hope this keeps up.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
02-26-2015, 10:43 AM
Thats the first comparison to Larry Johnson I have heard about Winslow. Usually its a Lebron comparison or from me its always been Dwade. I guess his college game is more comparable to LJ given he is an under size 4 but a menacing 3. I was really young during LJ's run at UNLV but I remember the games against Duke at least.

I think Winslow should be looking to run every time he gets a long rebound, and whenever we can get him the ball on an outlet we should take that without hesitation. Dude is a beast, and he needs to be unchained at all times free to run his beastliness all over the court.

bbosbbos
02-26-2015, 11:17 AM
Want to say the same thing. If he can do that few more times a game, we are in a better position to win good defensive teams, such as uva.

Duke95
02-26-2015, 11:43 AM
Winslow on the break is like a shark going in for the kill. Awesome to watch unless you're the other team.

weezie
02-26-2015, 12:02 PM
His ability to hang in the air is remarkable.

53n206
02-26-2015, 01:12 PM
We can't get a fastbreak going unless we rebound or steal the ball. Taking the ball in after the opposition makes baskets generally doesn't lead to fastbreaks. But with the opposition shooting in the 60% range few fastbreaks are available. So we see that good defenses lead to fast breaks. Not many opportunities yesterday.

Wander
02-26-2015, 01:19 PM
Winslow on the fast break is gonna save our season. If we can get about 4 or more of those a game from the kid then I see big things happening.

The Winslow fast break basket is indeed awesome. There is also a 0% chance that we average 4 or more of them a game.

captmojo
02-26-2015, 04:36 PM
Winslow isn't the only one that does this...but he is the biggest. And, the most intimidating at doing so.
I say, drive at every opening chance.

But the motto should be, "Have an outlet."
If you aren't the one with the ball, it's "Be an outlet"

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-26-2015, 04:43 PM
Winslow isn't the only one that does this...but he is the biggest. And, the most intimidating at doing so.
I say, drive at every opening chance.

But the motto should be, "Have an outlet."
If you aren't the one with the ball, it's "Be an outlet"

I also don't mind his nearly once a game goal tending violations. Pretty sure it makes opponents think twice and look over their shoulder on the break.

-jk
02-26-2015, 04:55 PM
I also don't mind his nearly once a game goal tending violations. Pretty sure it makes opponents think twice and look over their shoulder on the break.

Humph. Ask Georgetown about that...

-jk

roywhite
02-26-2015, 05:07 PM
Justise is right up there with Duke players who have been able to take a steal, rebound, or blocked shot the length of the court and convert. He is able to navigate through traffic, and use his speed and explosiveness to finish at the rim.

Previous Blue Devils that come to mind are Jabari Parker, Grant Hill, Johnny Dawkins, Jason Williams, and Art Heyman. Others?

MChambers
02-26-2015, 05:18 PM
Justise is right up there with Duke players who have been able to take a steal, rebound, or blocked shot the length of the court and convert. He is able to navigate through traffic, and use his speed and explosiveness to finish at the rim.

Previous Blue Devils that come to mind are Jabari Parker, Grant Hill, Johnny Dawkins, Jason Williams, and Art Heyman. Others?
Guy named Irving, albeit for not that many games, unfortunately. Probably why you don't remember him.

devildeac
02-26-2015, 05:37 PM

Josh McRoberts?

captmojo
02-27-2015, 12:08 PM

Humph. Ask Georgetown about that...

-jk

That was my first reaction.
First. Then I thought an additional second...
AH-HA!

Georgetown lost that big one, when they started out goal-tending everything that came near. :confused: