PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Clemson (Feb 21, 2015)

Newton_14
02-21-2015, 07:57 PM
Vote for the Man Of The Match and provide commentary on why, here.

Newton_14
02-21-2015, 08:02 PM
I love Quinn, and he was great for the entire game, but I went with Winslow. I thought the play of Justise in the first half with the drives and fast break buckets is what led to Duke blowing out to the double digit lead. Clemson simply had no answer for him. He was tough inside as well.

Shout out to Grayson for 10 points and a great game off the bench. I would suspect K told him he would have to provide some scoring punch to help offset the loss of Jahlil. The kid responded.

jv001
02-21-2015, 08:05 PM
My vote went to Justise for getting us out to very fast start. He scored, rebounded and had 4 steals. Quinn had a good game as well and could have easily been my MOTM. Grayson played very well in his 18 minutes. Should be a way to vote for Coach K as he had a great game plan. The press and zone set Clemson back and they never recovered. GoDuke!

devildeac
02-21-2015, 08:08 PM
JFW>QFC.

But not by much. Great games from both today. Allen 10 on 5 shots and Tyus with another 3:1 A:TO game.

DukeDevilDeb
02-21-2015, 08:44 PM
JFW>QFC.

But not by much. Great games from both today. Allen 10 on 5 shots and Tyus with another 3:1 A:TO game.

Justise was wonderful and I love watching his enthusiasm and athleticism... Really gets the Crazies blood boiling. But frankly without Quinn, I don't think Justise is nearly that good. Justise made 8 field goals (1 three); Quinn had 11 (3 threes). Justise had 1 assist and 3 turnovers; Quinn had 4 assists and 2 turnovers. Where the numbers really differed in Justise's favor was in rebounds. Justise had 13; Quinn 4.

Grayson had a great, great game... some of his defensive moves were truly awesome. Matt seemed really off tonight.

But what oh what does it mean that Amile only had 2 points and played only 16 minutes. I thought for sure with Jah out, Amile would take over the paint. Boy was I wrong. Clemson has a bunch of big guys who play good defense. Maybe Amile just isn't strong enough.

Good game. Hope Jah is better. Go Devils!

elvis14
02-21-2015, 08:47 PM
I voted for Justise but could have easily voted for Quinn Winslow or Justise Cook.

Wow does that poll just look odd with only 7 names!

gurufrisbee
02-21-2015, 09:02 PM
Gosh I really want to vote for Cook AND Winslow AND Allen. They all were so terrific today.

Karl Beem
02-21-2015, 09:06 PM
Justise League 1st half, Cap'n Cook 2nd. Didn't vote.

Bob Green
02-22-2015, 07:52 AM
But what oh what does it mean that Amile only had 2 points and played only 16 minutes. I thought for sure with Jah out, Amile would take over the paint. Boy was I wrong. Clemson has a bunch of big guys who play good defense. Maybe Amile just isn't strong enough.

I am not convinced Jefferson is 100 percent healthy. He has struggled since being mauled in the St. John's game.

For MOTM, I went with Winslow as he set the tone early.

Indoor66
02-22-2015, 08:33 AM
I voted for Allen. I love a coming out party. He is now a viable member of the rotation.