PDA

View Full Version : What to Watch for in MARCH MADNESS!!!

AIRFORCEDUKIE
02-21-2015, 02:21 PM
With March right down the road (to the final four) (see what I did there) I thought it would be fun to start a thread about matchups we want to see when the Tournament comes around.

Some that come to mind for me are:

Kentucky vs Gonzaga: Why? Because I want to see Kyle Wiltjer vs his old team, I think it would be awesome, however this would have to be a final four matchup most likely as Gonzaga is certain to be out west.

Duke vs Kentucky: Yes I want this so bad I can taste it

Duke vs Maryland: Its going to happen might as well accept it

UNC vs Arizona: I think this would be an awesome matchup, and it would mean that UNC gets shipped out west sparing us from UNC fans in Charlotte

SMU vs UNC: Larry Brown vs UNC it would be a good story line and good fun

UVA vs Wisconsin: Slow down fest, who is better at being boring?

Kentucky vs UVA: I think this would be a fantastic game

Standford Vs Harvard: Why not, two former Dukies going at it

NC state vs Arizona St.: I dont think Arizona St is going to make the tournament maybe in the NIT?

Add what you want to see below or add some insight to the ones I mentioned.

conmanlhughes
02-21-2015, 02:48 PM
With March right down the road (to the final four) (see what I did there) I thought it would be fun to start a thread about matchups we want to see when the Tournament comes around.

Kentucky vs Gonzaga: Why? Because I want to see Kyle Wiltjer vs his old team, I think it would be awesome, however this would have to be a final four matchup most likely as Gonzaga is certain to be out west.

UNC vs Arizona: I think this would be an awesome matchup, and it would mean that UNC gets shipped out west sparing us from UNC fans in Charlotte

NC state vs Arizona St.: I dont think Arizona St is going to make the tournament maybe in the NIT?

Iowa State vs. Virginia/Wisconsin- conflict of interesting game paces.

On the Maryland front, I am willing to bet money it will happen. This time though, I think Winslow will help us big-time against Dez Wells.

Faustus
02-21-2015, 03:30 PM
At least a UVa-Wisconsin game would be over in under two hours. ;)

MartyClark
02-21-2015, 07:36 PM

I really don't want to see Duke-Kentucky until the final game, if at all. Kentucky is brutally big, athletic and deep. Duke would have to play an exceptional game to compete with Kentucky.

gurufrisbee
02-21-2015, 07:56 PM
I really don't want to see Duke-Kentucky until the final game, if at all. Kentucky is brutally big, athletic and deep. Duke would have to play an exceptional game to compete with Kentucky.

Kentucky hasn't played more than two good teams in a row all season and they haven't gone four games in a row without playing a stinker that a good team would have beat them in. I don't see us playing them.

Newton_14
02-21-2015, 08:17 PM

I want no part of that game either. It is a terrible match up for Duke. I will pull hard for UK to get upset from Day 1.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
02-23-2015, 06:43 AM
I really don't get the fear of UK. Sure they are big, athletic, and haven't lost a game all season. But, this would be a chance for us to be an underdog against an overwhelming opponent. Whens the last time we had the chance to be those guys during the tourney. The chance for Duke to be an underdog are very few, almost never. This season provides that opportunity for once, so I welcome the challenge as I am sure our players would as well. It would be such a huge matchup imagine the media frenzy.

BrazyATX
02-23-2015, 09:58 AM
Iowa State V Arkansas = Holy offense batman
Wisconsin v Kentucky = who doesn't want a good rematch game
Arizona v Kansas
Gonzaga v Any ACC team = put that joke to rest already

freshmanjs
02-23-2015, 10:05 AM
I really don't get the fear of UK. Sure they are big, athletic, and haven't lost a game all season. But, this would be a chance for us to be an underdog against an overwhelming opponent. Whens the last time we had the chance to be those guys during the tourney. The chance for Duke to be an underdog are very few, almost never. This season provides that opportunity for once, so I welcome the challenge as I am sure our players would as well. It would be such a huge matchup imagine the media frenzy.

hmm well 2 years ago, we had a very similar situation. we ended up as the #2 in the bracket with the dominant overall #1 and we lost that game as the underdog against an overwhelming opponent. not sure i want to do it again before the final 4.

NYBri
02-23-2015, 10:29 AM
Duke vs. Any six teams in a row

AIRFORCEDUKIE
02-23-2015, 10:33 AM
hmm well 2 years ago, we had a very similar situation. we ended up as the #2 in the bracket with the dominant overall #1 and we lost that game as the underdog against an overwhelming opponent. not sure i want to do it again before the final 4.

I don't think Louisville was overwhelming at all. We had already beat them earlier in the season even though one of their best players was out that game. So we had already proven we could hang with them, it just ended up being a really strange game and our guys didn't respond after the strangeness. Their players did respond and in a really big way.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
02-23-2015, 10:35 AM
Iowa State V Arkansas = Holy offense batman
Arizona v Kansas
Gonzaga v Any ACC team = put that joke to rest already

Wisconsin vs Kentucky good call I missed that one. I would love to see Frank go at it against Kentucky's bigs. What if its Gonzaga vs NC State or Miami, think they can take em?

Wheat/"/"/"
02-23-2015, 01:39 PM
You guys might think I'm crazy but I'd like to see UNC in KY's bracket.

I like how we match up with them and we played them tough 'till late when Roy was still playing a deep line up to get the big game experience.

There's a good chance we're gonna have to get through them somewhere anyways, so bring them on early. A big win like that and they could ride the momentum.

Wander
02-23-2015, 01:46 PM
Wisconsin vs Kentucky good call I missed that one. I would love to see Frank go at it against Kentucky's bigs.

Yeah, I think Wisconsin has the best chance of upsetting Kentucky of any team out there. It would be great to see Wisconsin as the 2 seed to Kentucky's 1...

I'd love to see Duke-Kentucky, as long as it's in the finals.

mattman91
02-23-2015, 01:54 PM
You guys might think I'm crazy but I'd like to see UNC in KY's bracket.

I like how we match up with them and we played them tough 'till late when Roy was still playing a deep line up to get the big game experience.

There's a good chance we're gonna have to get through them somewhere anyways, so bring them on early. A big win like that and they could ride the momentum.

They would lose, and Roy would finish the game with 4 timeouts left.

duketaylor
02-23-2015, 01:59 PM
They would lose, and Roy would finish the game with 4 timeouts left.

Amen to that;)

Wheat/"/"/"
02-23-2015, 02:31 PM
Amen to that;)

You guys be sure to get back to me on that prediction if you get past the first round...:)

Seattle Hoo
02-23-2015, 02:46 PM

You don't want both of these happening, because the only way they will is if Kentucky knocks you guys out of the tournament. :cool: :p

Seattle Hoo
02-23-2015, 02:48 PM

That game cost me a thousand dollars. If Wisconsin won that game, I won the office pool.

jv001
02-23-2015, 02:48 PM
I'd like to see a Kentucky vs. Uncheat early round match. Say, like Kentucky #1 seed vs. Uncheat #16 seed. :cool:
GoDuke!

Seattle Hoo
02-23-2015, 02:50 PM
What if its Gonzaga vs NC State or Miami, think they can take em?

I think Gonzaga would bounce either of those team unceremoniously. The Zags are a very good team who can play with anyone.

superdave
02-23-2015, 02:51 PM
Willie Cauley-Stein might be the only big guy in the country who can guard Okafor one-on-one. I see him as a Tyson Chandler type defender, who moves his feet well and is pretty relentless.

Beyond that I think there are several teams that could beat UK. You need to shoot well from outside and force them to shoot 3's. Keeping them off the offensive boards will be a problem, though not as much with Poythress out.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
02-23-2015, 03:10 PM
I think Gonzaga would bounce either of those team unceremoniously. The Zags are a very good team who can play with anyone.

Yea I think the Zags would take either, However no way they can play with UVA, UNC, Duke, or ND in my opinion. We play real ball over here in the ACC!!

royalblue
02-23-2015, 04:48 PM
Some think of the first game tourney losses in 2012 and 2014 but when a coach has 4 national championships the losses are more easily forgotten.It must be even more difficult to be 3-9 vs Duke over the last 12 games played while this has transpired. I must have been like those confused uncch fans because last Saturday when Roy and company all were holding up 4 fingers I thought they were speaking to K's NCAA titles instead of some outdated offense:)

BrazyATX
02-23-2015, 05:29 PM
What if its Gonzaga vs NC State or Miami, think they can take em?

Honestly, Gonzaga would probably beat them both by 7-12 would be my guess. But I don't see either team getting in. Both only have one marquee game, outside of the ACCT, and that's against UNC for both. I think both lose to UNC. The ACC may only get 5 in, 6 if Pitt can win out and make a little noise in the ACCT.