PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Section 17

Dukerulz
02-20-2015, 09:36 PM
Need some quick pointers from some of you vets. My father and I are attending the game tomorrow in section 17. I'm assuming this is in the student section and on a first come basis. The tickets have row and seat numbers, I just assume that doesn't matter. I have seen Duke play just about everywhere. I have seen them cut the nets down in Lucas Oil, win several ACC tourneys, Dockery's VT shot, and many other great games. I have never sat in student sections for an ACC game. Anybody give me a heads up on how early we need to get to Cameron and/or info that would help us. Thanks.

wgl1228
02-20-2015, 09:47 PM
Doors open at 3:00. I'd bundle up and get in line between 2:00-2:30. You should able to get close to center court. You have to stand mostly though.

Native
02-20-2015, 09:50 PM
Co-Head Line Monitor here. My team runs the show in the undergraduate student sections on game day.

Section 17 is the undergrad student section along the sideline on the TV side, not a graduate section. It's all general admission and standing-room-only — it's not ticketed by seat despite what posters on Scout might tell you. While student doors open an hour and a half prior to tip-off, the general admission doors don't open until an hour prior to tip. Most people will get there early, though, so it really depends on what sort of seats you want. We reserve the very best seats in the center for current undergraduates, so the best you'll be able to do is front row in the corners or higher up closer to the center. My recommendation is to get there two hours prior to tip to get a good pick of available seats.

We'll have blue tape down on the bleachers to section off the reserved seats for current students. Please stay out of the taped-off area until after tip-off; if there's still space, feel free to move down as far as you can. My team wears blue Line Monitor jackets — we'll have a few stationed in Section 17 to help point you in the right direction.

As far as in-game etiquette goes, we only stand in Section 17, so you'll be expected to act as a student does and stand the entire game. So get loud and cheer! Don't be inhibited by anything — help make a great game day atmosphere.

Dukerulz
02-20-2015, 10:09 PM
I appreciate all the great info especially you Native.

elvis14
02-20-2015, 11:18 PM
I'll give you one piece of advice.....avoid the top row. Last time I had seats in section 17 we ended up standing in the very top row of the section. We discovered that the bench isn't as wide as the others and that made it an uncomfortable place to stand. My calves were killing me before half time. And the few times I did sit down to give them a break it wasn't a great seat either.

Native is right that you'll pretty much be standing the whole game. If you need to sit a minute here or there, you can. I don't know how old your dad is but he might need to take an occasional seat.

Newton_14
02-20-2015, 11:56 PM
I appreciate all the great info especially you Native.

Native will be the very tall guy (like me) with longish dark hair. :cool::p I keed I keed.

Seriously, it won't take you long to figure out who he is. He will be getting the troups in place, barking orders all the while, and controlling the madness.

neemizzle
02-21-2015, 02:45 AM
Can I just say, how pumped I am to actually have tickets in Section 17? I'm 23 years old and have dreamed of this time to be in there with the Crazies. So pumped. Can't wait to jump and do all of this.

Native
02-21-2015, 08:07 AM
Can I just say, how pumped I am to actually have tickets in Section 17? I'm 23 years old and have dreamed of this time to be in there with the Crazies. So pumped. Can't wait to jump and do all of this.

I'll be holding you to that. You'd be surprised how many people say that and then do nothing.

Get ready! :D

neemizzle
02-21-2015, 09:29 AM
I'll be holding you to that. You'd be surprised how many people say that and then do nothing.

Get ready! :D

I'm sure. I've sat everywhere in that place and you all have so much fun. Can't wait. Where do we line up at? On the side closest to Wallace Wade or Kville?

Native
02-21-2015, 10:46 AM
I'm sure. I've sat everywhere in that place and you all have so much fun. Can't wait. Where do we line up at? On the side closest to Wallace Wade or Kville?

Wallace Wade, I believe. The line in K-Ville is for undergrads only.

neemizzle
02-21-2015, 10:51 AM

Awesome! Thanks a ton. Good to know you all are helpful. As a kid, I was so intimidated by the Crazies! But now I get to jump with you all.

Let's go!!!

uh_no
02-21-2015, 11:24 AM

Last I sat in GA, the line went into the side door directly across card gym, and turned towards wally wade. the line explicitly on the wally wade side was for graduate students. there is a sign over the door that says "general admission", and that's where the line was this year winter break games. Whether there is an auxiliary line eslewhere, I can't say with any authority.

goduke03861
02-21-2015, 11:29 AM
My wife and I will be in line at 130 hopefully we can get some good spots. Also the line is the one mentioned above.