PDA

View Full Version : Duke-UNC games on ESPN Classic

Olympic Fan
02-17-2015, 04:59 PM
After several years in which UNC wins dominated the pre-game run-up on ESPN Classic, I was happy to see the current schedule:

The 2001 UNC at Duke game (which UNC won) is just ending
The 2004 Duke at UNC game (which Duhon won with his length of court drive) starts at 5 p.m.

Tomorrow, the marathon starts at 7 am

7 am -- '88 Duke and UNC (the first of the triple crown)
9 am -- '11 UNC at Duke (a great comeback)
11 am. -- Duke and UNC (a UNC win)
1 pm -- '12 Duke and UNC (Austin Rivers)
3 pm -- '00 Duke at UNC (overtime Duke win)
5 pm -- a repeat of '01 UNC at Duke (Duke win)

DukieInKansas
02-17-2015, 07:43 PM
After several years in which UNC wins dominated the pre-game run-up on ESPN Classic, I was happy to see the current schedule:

The 2004 Duke at UNC game (which Duhon won with his length of court drive) starts at 5 p.m.

No replay of 82-50? How disappointing. :D

bluesin
02-17-2015, 08:25 PM
This is how I watch it every year (at least twice) - https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/2010-duke-vs-unc/id352104345

My only regret is that it doesn't have the halftime banter with Coach Knight and Hubert Davis and the gang. I do believe I have the TiVo recording of that archived somewhere along with the College Gameday broadcast mostly because my future wife and future father-in-law decided to drive over with me and attend - but I haven't bothered to dig that out in a long while. Maybe I should, the last time I watched it before a game it ended up being pretty auspicious.

Edouble
02-17-2015, 08:29 PM

Everybody's a winner? :rolleyes:

Olympic Fan
02-17-2015, 10:29 PM
Whoops ... that 2001 UNC at Duke game -- as I mentioned on the first instance -- was a UNC win. Matt Doherty's finest hour. It was all downhill from there for him.

I was watching the last few minutes of the 2004 Duke at UNC game earlier tonight and had a laugh-out-loud moment as Dick Vitale was raving about the rivalry. His quote was basically "Both schools have class because players from both schools go to class."

As he said it, Rashad McCants -- who admitted that he once made the Dean's List without ever attending a class -- was at the foul line.

Of course, every key player on that 2004 team ended up as a African-American Studies major.