PDA

View Full Version : Kevin White Named to Men's Basketball Committee

SCMatt33
02-12-2015, 11:18 AM
Due AD Kevin White will be on the NCAA Men's Basketball Committee starting in September (http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2015-02-12/jim-schaus-kevin-white-named-division-i-mens-basketball). This obviously means that Duke will have one fewer person in the room when they are discussed for the tourney over the next several years. Also of note is that everyone's favorite former AD Joe Alleva is also on the committee. I wonder how often a school has had both a current and former AD on that committee?

EDIT: Additionally, he can hopefully chair the committee in six years and hand the championship trophy to his own school!

Tom B.
02-12-2015, 01:15 PM
Due AD Kevin White will be on the NCAA Men's Basketball Committee starting in September (http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2015-02-12/jim-schaus-kevin-white-named-division-i-mens-basketball). This obviously means that Duke will have one fewer person in the room when they are discussed for the tourney over the next several years. Also of note is that everyone's favorite former AD Joe Alleva is also on the committee. I wonder how often a school has had both a current and former AD on that committee?

EDIT: Additionally, he can hopefully chair the committee in six years and hand the championship trophy to his own school!

Even though he won't be in the room when Duke is discussed, it's good that White is on the committee. As it's been pointed out here before, it doesn't really matter if someone from your school is on the committee, but you do want someone from your conference to be on the committee. This year's committee has nobody from the ACC, as Wake AD Ron Wellman's term expired last year. So it will be good to get an ACC representative back on the committee next year.

Troublemaker
02-12-2015, 10:59 PM
I believe Tom Butters' time on the committee was in the middle of Duke's 7 Final Fours in 9 years run.

May Kevin be just as excellent a good-luck charm as Tom was.