PDA

View Full Version : Terrible article on Dean Smith puts down Coach K

stillcrazie
02-11-2015, 12:11 PM
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/02/09/bernstein-dean-smith-was-the-good-guy/

Billy Dat
02-11-2015, 12:17 PM

Wow, I assume some on this board must know this guy, Dan Bernstein, who sounds like he was Duke Class of 1991. Maybe he was one of the student reporters in the locker room when K ripped them a new one - not K's best look.

Very few, if any, college basketball coaches can stand next to Dean when it comes to his willingness to take a political/social stand and back it up with action. He may never have an equal in that regard.

I think Bernstein was a little hard on K, but I am guessing that he or someone close to him, was on the wrong end of K's ire at some point.

arnie
02-11-2015, 12:19 PM

Just WOW!! Wondered when politics would create such a chasm between two great coaches. Interesting on several fronts that this article would come out if Chicago. Interesting that he doesn't think the Dean E. Smith center isn't a reflection is a man's desire for power and prestige.

TruBlu
02-11-2015, 12:20 PM

Could you give a brief summary?

If the article is that bad, maybe we shouldn't be giving it "hits".

jipops
02-11-2015, 12:21 PM
Hyperbole in media!? Wow that never, ever happens.

Duke95
02-11-2015, 12:25 PM
The entire point of that article, which I think should be abundantly clear, is to gain page views for the author. The article itself was short on details and long on sensationalism. It screamed "please notice me."

That said, I don't care for Coach K's politics at all. I much prefer Dean Smith's progressive stance.

stillcrazie
02-11-2015, 12:25 PM

Former Duke student, Dan Bernstein, believes that Dean was the good guy all along, and Coach K is an egomaniacal brute.

Duvall
02-11-2015, 12:27 PM
Just WOW!! Wondered when politics would create such a chasm between two great coaches. Interesting on several fronts that this article would come out if Chicago. Interesting that he doesn't think the Dean E. Smith center isn't a reflection is a man's desire for power and prestige.

Politics? The hot take-industrial complex transcends mere politics.

stillcrazie
02-11-2015, 12:27 PM
The entire point of that article, which I think should be abundantly clear, is to gain page views for the author. The article itself was short on details and long on sensationalism. It screamed "please notice me."

That said, I don't care for Coach K's politics at all. I much prefer Dean Smith's progressive stance.

I agree re: politics; I just cannot comprehend that kind of traitorous pandering.

hurleyfor3
02-11-2015, 12:31 PM
Wow, I assume some on this board must know this guy, Dan Bernstein, who sounds like he was Duke Class of 1991. Maybe he was one of the student reporters in the locker room when K ripped them a new one - not K's best look.

I was a senior Chronicle staffer in that era. I do not recall that name.

Duke95
02-11-2015, 12:33 PM
I agree re: politics; I just cannot comprehend that kind of traitorous pandering.

Just a business decision for him, I suppose. He's a nobody who wants to be somebody, but maybe doesn't have the acumen to do it. So he writes something controversial and hopes that gets him publicity. It's been a recipe used and abused by many talent-challenged writers.

Chard
02-11-2015, 12:33 PM
I think Bernstein was a little hard on K, but I am guessing that he or someone close to him, was on the wrong end of K's ire at some point.

There is a fairly simple explanation. He doesn't agree with Coach K's politics so he takes the opportunity that Smith's passing presents to bash Coach K, North Carolina, Jessie Helms, etc. Typical.

I'm in K's camp.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
02-11-2015, 01:07 PM
Im not going to read this article nor do I care about any coaches political stance on anything. Hack job

Richard Berg
02-11-2015, 01:20 PM
The article basically says K has a potty mouth and a big ego. Is any of that really in dispute? We can enjoy both great men's accomplishments anyway.

It's terrible writing because it has no real substance, even when it's trying to shift gears and fawn over Dean.

Atlanta Duke
02-11-2015, 01:26 PM
Shocking news - the author hosts a sports talk radio show in Chicago - not exactly the pinnacle of journalism

FerryFor50
02-11-2015, 01:28 PM
The article basically says K has a potty mouth and a big ego. Is any of that really in dispute? We can enjoy both great men's accomplishments anyway.

It's terrible writing because it has no real substance, even when it's trying to shift gears and fawn over Dean.

Also failed to mention K's charity work, military service and dedication to usa basketball.

As for politics, is it really a coach's job to get involved? And who knows what K does for politics. Maybe he prefers not to grandstand. After all, grandstanding is an attribute of a megalomaniac.

Duvall
02-11-2015, 01:34 PM
Also failed to mention K's charity work, military service and dedication to usa basketball.

As for politics, is it really a coach's job to get involved? And who knows what K does for politics. Maybe he prefers not to grandstand. After all, grandstanding is an attribute of a megalomaniac.

Well, not if you have dozens of employees and followers to constantly remind everyone of how humble you are.

luvdahops
02-11-2015, 01:58 PM

Very few, if any, college basketball coaches can stand next to Dean when it comes to his willingness to take a political/social stand and back it up with action. He may never have an equal in that regard.

Bernstein's bio is linked below. No mention of the Chronicle, bit does say he did a fair bit with Cable 13.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/personality/dan-bernstein/

He is a local sports talk radio personality here in Chicago (also does some non-marquee radio play-by-play). I have many sports fan friends and co-workers, and do not know anyone who listens to him.

Bluedog
02-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Bernstein has come up on this board in the past. He seems to have an axe to grind with Duke / Coach K and people keep linking him and acting surprised. It's nothing new, he took shots at Coach K when talking about Jabari's NBA decision:

Please ignore if you've already seen this, but below is a link to a column by Dan Bernstein of CBS Chicago about Jabari's decision. He takes some real cheap shots at K that in my view are just ridiculous, and basically tells Jabari he's an idiot if he doesn't declare. Proceed at your own risk.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/ [Removing link because don't want him to get more hits]

"Parker is going to be an NBA player at some point, and that’s why he just spent a year in college, fulfilling the pointless requirement to provide his services without real compensation, only so a coach can add victories beside his own name, maybe even hanging a banner in his gym to aggrandize his program and burnish his legacy."

"Mike Krzyzewski needs Parker more than Parker needs him. Krzyzewski has to do better than two first-round defeats to double-digit seeds in three years, and he knows how good Parker is, even if he can’t figure out how to use him properly.

Duke95
02-11-2015, 02:37 PM

I think Coach K has been relatively quiet on the political front since his 2002 fundraiser for Elizabeth Dole.

FerryFor50
02-11-2015, 02:39 PM
I think Coach K has been relatively quiet on the political front since his 2002 fundraiser for Elizabeth Dole.

Yea, as far as I know, he's relatively conservative. But he doesn't keep reminding us of that.

There are different levels of social responsibility for public figures. K seems to do his through service and charity.

BigWayne
02-11-2015, 02:54 PM

The writer agrees with Dean Smith's political positions and not Coach K's. To a person like this writer, this is apparently all that matters.

MCFinARL
02-11-2015, 02:58 PM
The premise of this article is that as a Duke student, the author thought K was the good guy and Dean Smith the bad guy, by definition. But then he learned that Dean Smith was a "good guy" because he was a progressive on social issues. So far, so good; many people who hold progressive views on social issues (myself included) would agree.

Where he goes off the rails is by making it a zero-sum game--it's actually completely possible that both Coach K and Dean Smith could be good guys, each in his own way. But that apparently wasn't either tidy enough or provocative enough for Mr. Bernstein.

Trey21
02-11-2015, 03:00 PM
An obviously click bait article.

As far as I'm concerned both K and Dean were/are great basketball coaches and men. They have opposing views on various subjects and in terms of approach, but I feel both have done great things their own way. K with his dedication towards charity and USA basketball and Dean with his political voice.

Honestly both of their personalities fit within the context of their schools. K is definitely more private in terms of speaking personally with the media, whereas Dean was relatively open with the public. Again, each men had their methods and we're blessed to have had both of them.

FerryFor50
02-11-2015, 03:09 PM
The premise of this article is that as a Duke student, the author thought K was the good guy and Dean Smith the bad guy, by definition. But then he learned that Dean Smith was a "good guy" because he was a progressive on social issues. So far, so good; many people who hold progressive views on social issues (myself included) would agree.

Where he goes off the rails is by making it a zero-sum game--it's actually completely possible that both Coach K and Dean Smith could be good guys, each in his own way. But that apparently wasn't either tidy enough or provocative enough for Mr. Bernstein.

Well, given the fact that he couldn't even fill 500 words on the greatness of Dean Smith or backing up his weak claims about K, sounded more like taking advantage of Dean's passing to get some hits on his column.

DukeFanSince1990
02-11-2015, 03:25 PM

bedeviled
02-11-2015, 03:54 PM
It's not surprising that a sports radio personality is irritating, but it is humorous that he would call anyone out as a megalomaniac.

Here's a quote (http://www.theheckler.com/2011/09/06/boorish-score-broadcaster-dan-bernstein-bolts-to-start-smartysports-com/) from when he left a radio show to develop his own show:

“Let’s face it,” said Bernstein. “I am so much smarter than everyone that calls in and is employed by the station. I went to Duke for God’s sake. How many times can you listen to knuckle scraping fans cry about Greg Walker or chortle ‘Da Bears’ before your brain shrinks to the size of a fig?”

The hang-up happy Bernstein shared his condescending ways with listeners for over 12 years. With SmartySports he will talk to only the crème de la crème of sports listeners.

“No drunks, louts, disgruntled Cub fans or anyone with less than a 160 IQ,” said Bernstein. “I am looking for the Mensa crowd here. People who suck at the tit of Bill James and the Sabermetricians. No one who met or heard of Nellie Fox or shook hands with Papa Bear Halas. Smart people … like me.”

weezie
02-11-2015, 04:03 PM
Bernstein's bio...No mention of the Chronicle, bit does say he did a fair bit with Cable 13.

That sounds pretty unimpressive!

Rich
02-11-2015, 04:20 PM
It's not surprising that a sports radio personality is irritating, but it is humorous that he would call anyone out as a megalomaniac.

Here's a quote (http://www.theheckler.com/2011/09/06/boorish-score-broadcaster-dan-bernstein-bolts-to-start-smartysports-com/) from when he left a radio show to develop his own show:

Ugh...and people wonder why Duke has a reputation as an elitist and snobby school.

I love this quote from the linked article: "Bernstein is ready to begin broadcasting Oct. 3 at his usual 1 p.m. time, but production on his inaugural show was delayed after Bernstein was clipped while leaving the Score studios by a float from a parade celebrating his exit."

MCFinARL
02-11-2015, 04:38 PM
Well, given the fact that he couldn't even fill 500 words on the greatness of Dean Smith or backing up his weak claims about K, sounded more like taking advantage of Dean's passing to get some hits on his column.

That too.

W&LHoo
02-11-2015, 04:39 PM

Worth noting that evidently Dean Smith vehemently opposed naming the arena after him - they did it against his wishes. That was reported multiple times in the ESPN coverage though brief googling didn't turn up anything.

I didn't exactly give it that thorough a search - I'm ostensibly working right now.

Atldukie79
02-11-2015, 04:41 PM
Sadly I clicked on his article. Every bit of his "journalism" is captured in the above comments.

I can sum up his position this way: "I like Dean's politics, so he is a good guy." And..."I hate K cause he yells and is a megalomaniac".

Both Dean and K had egos. You do not succeed without one on such a public stage. Dean purposely promoted his team and often deflected from himself. Good for him. That was his style. Yet he could be very ruthless in the defense of the Carolina way. Heaven forbid someone chant "Can JR Reid" as a taunt. That caused a very un-saint like response from Dean that was a very personal attack on several Duke players.

Both coaches have had moments they might regret, but on the whole, it would be a matter of affinity rather than substance to identify one over the other as "good" or "bad".

Duvall
02-11-2015, 04:42 PM
Worth noting that evidently Dean Smith vehemently opposed naming the arena after him - they did it against his wishes. That was reported multiple times in the ESPN coverage though brief googling didn't turn up anything.

I didn't exactly give it that thorough a search - I'm ostensibly working right now.

That's certainly a story that has been and is frequently told, even though it makes no sense.

sagegrouse
02-11-2015, 05:46 PM
Anyway, so you don't have to click, here's the money quote:

Krzyzewski was a great coach and a frightening megalomaniac, unleashing furious tirades at referees, his own players, student journalists, parents of players leaving early for the NBA and anyone or anything standing in the way of his personal ascension to greatness. He got there, and now has the towering office, the vast personal fortune and his own name emblazoned on the home court. He has sought glory and power, and he has both.

A pathetic attempt at character assassination. I hope that K's ankle wounds heal quickly.

BobBender
02-11-2015, 06:21 PM

It's pretty weak to infer that Dean Smith lobbied to have the arena named after himself. After ( at the time of its opening) 25 years of masterful coaching, he was being honored for his imprint on UNC, and on the state of NC. I disliked him in those times, but reflection, the passage of time, and the testimony of his former players has softened my view of the man. Just because one writer dissed K doesn't give one the right to strike back at Smith

Duke95
02-11-2015, 07:06 PM
A nobody in Chicago writes an article criticizing K.

DBR spends the day explaining why the nobody is, in fact, a nobody, when that was established within about 10 minutes of the thread having been posted.
It's crystal clear why the guy wrote the article, people.

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Men-at-work-Golf-Clap-Short-Charlie-Sheen-and-Emilio-Estevez.gif

arnie
02-11-2015, 07:12 PM
It's pretty weak to infer that Dean Smith lobbied to have the arena named after himself. After ( at the time of its opening) 25 years of masterful coaching, he was being honored for his imprint on UNC, and on the state of NC. I disliked him in those times, but reflection, the passage of time, and the testimony of his former players has softened my view of the man. Just because one writer dissed K doesn't give one the right to strike back at Smith

That's an unfair attack on my post. The writer attacked K for having his name emblazed on Coach K court, yet he avoids the Dean Dome analogy. Pretty funny when you think about it in comparison and that's the point Zi made. I've also softened on my feelings re: Smith, but I don't think he was any more perfect than Coach K.

Dukehky
02-11-2015, 07:23 PM
This dude is a clown and wouldn't say any of these things to K's face, nor do I believe that he would show his face in Cameron for fear of the Wrath of K (okay okay, the Wrath of God).

roywhite
02-11-2015, 08:27 PM
For what it's worth, Dan Bernstein has been absolutely vicious toward Joe Paterno. I realize some here might count that in his favor, but Bernstein has been like a rabid dog. I've read enough of his columns to conclude personally that the guy makes Greggy Doyel seem rational.

ice-9
02-12-2015, 01:13 AM

Here's my summary:

Coach K is a bad guy because he's gone on tirades.

Coach Smith is a good guy because he's done good things.

No mention of whether Smith has tirades too. Or any regular human being for that matter.

No mention of whether K has done good things, because obviously, he's a bad guy because of tirades.

It's a stupid article, don't bother reading.

KandG
02-12-2015, 01:20 AM
Actually, I found this article hilarious, because it is outrageously simplistic as far as Hot Takes go -- Skip Bayless is Einstein by comparison.

I suspect most Dean fans (the ones that aren't rabidly anti-Duke) will be embarrassed by being associated with "reasoning" this lazy. Easy to ignore.

oldnavy
02-12-2015, 07:05 AM

I have no problem with the center being named after Dean Smith, I have a problem believing that Dean couldn't prevent it from being named after him if he "vehemently" opposed it, especially while he was still in control of the program at UNC.

It's a nice story, but I imagine that Dean had to sign off on the naming rights, so no matter the spin, he approved of it.

I'm sorry, but I don't trust any narrative that UNC pushes anymore.

BD80
02-12-2015, 12:31 PM
Well, not if you have dozens of employees and followers to constantly remind everyone of how humble you are.

Wow. Did you mean for that to come out as I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.y as it seems?

“Let’s face it,” said Bernstein. “I am so much smarter than everyone that calls in and is employed by the station. I went to Duke for God’s sake. ...

“No drunks, louts, disgruntled Cub fans or anyone with less than a 160 IQ,” said Bernstein. “I am looking for the Mensa crowd here. ... Smart people … like me.”

What are the odds he has an IQ of 160 (even under today's more lax measurements)? If he really has such an IQ, what an embarrassment being such a bottom-feeding sports radio "personality." And boy, talk about irony, having this guy's job defined as "personality." Can we petition the courts in Chicago for an order restraining him from publicizing his connection to Duke? Slander per se.

A pathetic attempt at character assassination. I hope that K's ankle wounds heal quickly.

Such a dull blade rarely cuts deep

Duvall
02-12-2015, 12:45 PM
Wow. Did you mean for that to come out as I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.y as it seems?

I guess? It came up a lot with Dean Smith and UNC - how humble can you really be if your media people are constantly pushing the same line about how humble you are? Anyway.

Kfanarmy
02-12-2015, 01:00 PM

fortunately, there are those who disagree.

NovaScotian
02-12-2015, 04:00 PM
An obviously click bait article.

As far as I'm concerned both K and Dean were/are great basketball coaches and men. They have opposing views on various subjects and in terms of approach, but I feel both have done great things their own way. K with his dedication towards charity and USA basketball and Dean with his political voice.

Honestly both of their personalities fit within the context of their schools. K is definitely more private in terms of speaking personally with the media, whereas Dean was relatively open with the public. Again, each men had their methods and we're blessed to have had both of them.

a fair point, that fans of basketball owe both of these men a debt, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they have "opposing views on various subjects," even politically. even the most ardent duke hater wouldn't argue that k is pro-segregation, nor has k really made his feelings on Vietnam or nuclear proliferation known (other than proudly serving during Vietnam). it's all the conjecture of fandom that's put these men on opposite sides of the spectrum as well as opposite ends of the court. they are actually a lot more alike than almost any two people you could think of, frankly - highly motivated, highly successful basketball coaches.

BD80
02-12-2015, 04:20 PM
I guess? It came up a lot with Dean Smith and UNC - how humble can you really be if your media people are constantly pushing the same line about how humble you are? Anyway.

My apologies. In context, it sounded like you were referring to Coach K. It sounds much more fair-minded to me in reference to Deano - many stories on how he tried to cover up who he really was. Cigarette smoking was just one example.

JamminJoe
02-12-2015, 05:03 PM
I have no problem with the center being named after Dean Smith, I have a problem believing that Dean couldn't prevent it from being named after him if he "vehemently" opposed it, especially while he was still in control of the program at UNC.

It's a nice story, but I imagine that Dean had to sign off on the naming rights, so no matter the spin, he approved of it.

I'm sorry, but I don't trust any narrative that UNC pushes anymore.

The same could be said about K not counting the '95 losses against his record. You can always think the worst about a person.

DukieInKansas
02-12-2015, 05:16 PM
The same could be said about K not counting the '95 losses against his record. You can always think the worst about a person.

Except that was an NCAA ruling, I believe. Plus, if you count the losses, you also count the wins. :D

stillcrazie
02-12-2015, 06:10 PM
Actually, I found this article hilarious, because it is outrageously simplistic as far as Hot Takes go -- Skip Bayless is Einstein by comparison.

I suspect most Dean fans (the ones that aren't rabidly anti-Duke) will be embarrassed by being associated with "reasoning" this lazy. Easy to ignore.

In my experience, there are a lot of UNC fans who love this kind of thing, especially coming from a "D.o.o.k.i.e." I found this on facebook, posted by a "friend" who happens to be intelligent. That's why it irked me.

JamminJoe
02-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Except that was an NCAA ruling, I believe. Plus, if you count the losses, you also count the wins. :D

I'm pretty sure it was a Duke ruling so it is comparable. Not that it matters to me since I'm a Duke fan/grad,but it just seemed funny to me that the poster would be thinking these kind of things with Dean Smith dieing. It's like an eternal hatred that will never die.

oldnavy
02-13-2015, 06:45 AM

Believing Dean agreed with the naming of the DES Center is a long way from believing th worst about him. It means that I believe he was a normal person who was most likely uncomfortable with it, but agreed to it in the end.

I believe the worst about the university who has consistently lied about and exaggerated its accomplishment for decades.

By all accounts Dean was a very good man, and I truly am saddened by his passing. I apologize if my post sounded disrespectful of Dean Smith, that was not my intent.

sagegrouse
02-13-2015, 09:05 AM

I'm pretty sure it was a Duke ruling so it is comparable. Not that it matters to me since I'm a Duke fan/grad,but it just seemed funny to me that the poster would be thinking these kind of things with Dean Smith dieing. It's like an eternal hatred that will never die.

To complete the thought: The NCAA gives the schools the responsibility and the authority to decide who the coach is and, therefore, who gets credits for wins and losses. Duke (the AD) decided that Pete Gaudet was the coach because, well, he was coaching the team.

End of the story? Of course not. Critics say that Duke should have continued to list K as the coach. Of course, he wasn't on the bench and he was only in the practices very briefly at the end of the season.

Tripping William
02-13-2015, 09:15 AM
To complete the thought: The NCAA gives the schools the responsibility and the authority to decide who the coach is and, therefore, who gets credits for wins and losses. Duke (the AD) decided that Pete Gaudet was the coach because, well, he was coaching the team.

End of the story? Of course not. Critics say that Duke should have continued to list K as the coach. Of course, he wasn't on the bench and he was only in the practices very briefly at the end of the season.

And, if I have read my OlyFan postings correctly over the years, Duke had to decide this *prospectively* (i.e., at the time that K decided he was taking a leave-of-absence) and not *retroactively* (i.e., *not* after all those painfully close Gaudet losses, plus the four wins).

Rich
02-13-2015, 09:29 AM

I attended Duke when the "Dean Dome" opened. I believe it was at first officially called the Dean E. Smith Student Activity Center so we affectionately referred to it as "Dean's SAC". Sorry that never caught on.

As a side note, I popped on to http://goheels.com/ to check something and see their tagline is "We Educate and Inspire Through Athletics." Laughable!

oldnavy
02-13-2015, 10:09 AM
My apologies. In context, it sounded like you were referring to Coach K. It sounds much more fair-minded to me in reference to Deano - many stories on how he tried to cover up who he really was. Cigarette smoking was just one example.

This seems to be a pretty common theme at UNC... covering up who they really are.

MCFinARL
02-13-2015, 10:15 AM
This seems to be a pretty common theme at UNC... covering up who they really are.

Sure. Although, in fairness, I might give Smith a pass on covering up the smoking. If he couldn't break the habit at least he tried not to publicly set a bad health example.

oldnavy
02-13-2015, 10:37 AM
Sure. Although, in fairness, I might give Smith a pass on covering up the smoking. If he couldn't break the habit at least he tried not to publicly set a bad health example.

Heck, I'll give him a pass on all of his vices... he wasn't a Saint and he didn't need to be a Saint.

I don't give the UNC idiots a pass on claiming that he was a Saint however.

Isn't it funny how the issue of Coach K's language became much less an issue with the folks in baby blue after Ol Roy came to town. When Dean was coaching it was always a point to be made that he NEVER cursed....

arnie
02-13-2015, 12:46 PM
Heck, I'll give him a pass on all of his vices... he wasn't a Saint and he didn't need to be a Saint.

I don't give the UNC idiots a pass on claiming that he was a Saint however.

Isn't it funny how the issue of Coach K's language became much less an issue with the folks in baby blue after Ol Roy came to town. When Dean was coaching it was always a point to be made that he NEVER cursed....

Good point! With the exception of the 20+ year academic fraud and a few names like Mahktar, Tyler, King, Roy, Jerry, Vince,Larry F. and the elder Rasheed; most our disdain of UNC is based on their fan attitudes. At least 50% of their players and coaches are decent human beings.

JamminJoe
02-13-2015, 01:58 PM
Believing Dean agreed with the naming of the DES Center is a long way from believing th worst about him. It means that I believe he was a normal person who was most likely uncomfortable with it, but agreed to it in the end.

I believe the worst about the university who has consistently lied about and exaggerated its accomplishment for decades.

By all accounts Dean was a very good man, and I truly am saddened by his passing. I apologize if my post sounded disrespectful of Dean Smith, that was not my intent.

Okay sorry that I misinterpreted your post. I think to get a true reading on Smith's legacy, more investigation needs to be done on when and how the paperless classes started and whether Smith was involved. This might totally blow away his legend of course but it needs to be done. Even for Carolina fans, it would be the elephant in the room with any discussion unless they could conclusively clear any wrongdoing on his part. But not sure what if anything the NCAA will do about that matter.