PDA

View Full Version : Latest blow for DWB: Oderah Chidom out for season (shoulder)

CameronBornAndBred
02-10-2015, 03:23 PM
I searched and found only Jim Sumner's note that she was due to have surgery. Oderah is done for the year, this is another bad break for the women. Maybe one season we'll end the year with the same number of players on the court that started it. Best wishes to her for a full recovery.

Chidom, who is out of Oakland, Calif., suffered a dislocated left shoulder for the third time this season at Wake Forest Feb. 5 and will require surgery. The surgery date has been set for Feb. 19.
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/wbb-chidom-to-miss-rest-of-season-with-shoulder-injury/14436134/

killerleft
02-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Yes, that's very sad for both her and the team. Get better soonest, Oderah! But like Coach P said, her team will go with what they've got and adjust. What more can they do?

Kudos to players and coaches for their resilience this year. I've been impressed with their demeanor. Hopefully, our recent trend of less turnovers will continue. Good things will happen if we can keep the ball (duh!). I've noticed that Ka'lia has grown into her role as point guard more and more. She's one tough young lady. Heck, the whole team is pretty tough!

Go Duke!

DukieInKansas
02-10-2015, 04:37 PM
Wishing her successful surgery with quick and complete healing.

MCFinARL
02-10-2015, 07:12 PM
Very tough luck for Oderah, who has been making important, and for the team. Kind of hard not to think, on no, not again--but injuries happen. Best wishes to Oderah for successful surgery and rehab.

OldPhiKap
02-10-2015, 08:51 PM
Vibes for a quick and full recovery.

peloton
02-11-2015, 12:00 AM
I'm very sorry to hear this of course. Wow...this is the 3rd time she's dislocated the same shoulder - no wonder surgery's in order. It goes without saying that Oderah is one tough lady; here's hoping that she has a speedy (but more important) full recovery!

DevilWearsPrada
02-11-2015, 10:58 AM
I searched and found only Jim Sumner's note that she was due to have surgery. Oderah is done for the year, this is another bad break for the women. Maybe one season we'll end the year with the same number of players on the court that started it. Best wishes to her for a full recovery.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/wbb-chidom-to-miss-rest-of-season-with-shoulder-injury/14436134/

I read online that Oderah was out for the season, and puts more pressure on the Women's team. The best to Oderah with her surgery and recovery! And to the Duke Women's Team for having to regroup and play tough, without Oderah.