PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Florida State (Feb 9, 2015)

JBDuke
02-09-2015, 09:24 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 73-70 win over Florida State?

Henderson
02-09-2015, 09:27 PM
Tyus.

Double-double in assists and points and, in fact, had 12 of the team's 14 assists.

Oh, and he led the team in rebounds. So there's that.

FerryFor50
02-09-2015, 09:29 PM
Went with Tyus. Had 12 assists. Only 1 turnover. Could have had 20 assists, but lots of misses on the ends of his passes.

Cook was a close 2nd, but missing that FT bounced him. ;)

wsb3
02-09-2015, 09:29 PM
I was so glad QC got the rebound & not one of the bigs & then even he missed the free throw that would have sealed the deal with 5 seconds left. But still he is MOTM for me..Boy did we make some dumb plays down the stretch.

OldPhiKap
02-09-2015, 09:30 PM
Matt Jones, for taking that brutal charge. Talk about taking one for the team.

MCFinARL
02-09-2015, 09:31 PM
Tyus played well and made some highlight reel plays. But Quinn scored when Duke needed it (after a bit of a rough start) and played a good all around game.

MCFinARL
02-09-2015, 09:32 PM
Matt Jones, for taking that brutal charge. Talk about taking one for the team.

That was a key play. But Matt's shooting was sufficiently off tonight that I can't really call him MOTM.

theschwartz
02-09-2015, 09:34 PM
That was a key play. But Matt's shooting was sufficiently off tonight that I can't really call him MOTM.

Agreed. If Matt had hit a couple of his open looks, we wouldn't have been in that precarious position at the end of the game.

Tyus all the way. He carved up that FSU defense with some great passes and nice floaters. Oh yeah, and the rebounding.

jv001
02-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Tyus had a great night, 16 points, 12 assists, 1 turnover, 6 rebounds and played the floor general position well. He get's my vote. GoDuke!

buddy
02-09-2015, 09:51 PM
Voted for Quinn, but won't argue with Tyus either.

Billy Dat
02-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 2m2 minutes ago
K: "Quinn has been terrific as a leader. I think he has been our most valuable guy."
K on Quinn: "He has been one of my better leaders that I have had at Duke. I didn’t know that that would happen this year."
K on Quinn: "Of all the guys, I’m most proud of him."

Kedsy
02-10-2015, 12:51 AM
Tyus Jones led Duke in rebounds today. His assists to turnover ratio over the past two games is 19 to 1. He got my vote.

Bob Green
02-10-2015, 05:04 AM
I voted for Quinn Cook, but I certainly cannot argue with anyone who picked Tyus Jones. Both those guys had big games. Marshall Plumlee earns Honorable Mention for his play in the 1st half with Okafor on the bench with two fouls.

tbyers11
02-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Quinn Cook has been great. I'm in the camp that his contributions this season have actually been underrated. He was also great last night hitting key shots. I've got no problem with anyone voting him for MOM.

However, I think Tyus was MOM last night. His scoring was key. His 12 assists were a season high. He led the team in rebounds. IMO, how he accumulated the numbers was even more important. He was constantly looking to push the ball and look for early offense. He found Quinn with great early passes for several of his threes. The pass to Quinn for the and-1 layup at the end of the 1st half was a thing of beauty.

MCFinARL
02-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 2m2 minutes ago
K: "Quinn has been terrific as a leader. I think he has been our most valuable guy."
K on Quinn: "He has been one of my better leaders that I have had at Duke. I didn’t know that that would happen this year."
K on Quinn: "Of all the guys, I’m most proud of him."

This is great to hear--confirms that what we think we are seeing from Quinn this season is, in fact, what's happening--Quinn is coming into his own.

jv001
02-10-2015, 10:39 AM
This is great to hear--confirms that what we think we are seeing from Quinn this season is, in fact, what's happening--Quinn is coming into his own.

It's been a pleasure to watch this Quinn, the one that doesn't pout and whine. Sort of reminds me of the 2nd Bobby Hurley. Quinn may just be the most valuable guy this season. Playing along side a great point guard has helped as well. GoDuke!