PDA

View Full Version : UVa Anderson out

53n206
02-08-2015, 11:09 AM
Broken finger. Out 4-6 weeks. Really tough for a guy who's coming into his own. Two years on the bench and now a starter. I really love it to see a guy who sticks with the program and then develops into a big-time playter.

weezie
02-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Yes, they're reeling from this in the Commonwealth today. Big, big blow. Some whispers amongst the locals that it may keep him in hooville another year as several were afraid he might declare.
Seems like a tough kid and I assume he'll be back in good form for March.

elvis14
02-08-2015, 11:19 AM
Thats a tough break for UVa and Anderson. I want to win the ACC championship but I'd prefer to do it by beating a healthy UVa team (again). I like the way Anderson looks like he's having a lot of fun playing ball.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
02-08-2015, 02:19 PM
This really hurts UVAs offense, but I think they still win the regular season. The toughest part of their schedule is over. If he can come back in march this may even be good for them, because guys will have to step up.

szstark
02-09-2015, 08:45 AM
Do you think they've started an "It's Over" thread yet?

lotusland
02-09-2015, 09:24 AM

Hopefully at least a vigil thread

devildeac
02-09-2015, 09:27 AM

Hopefully at least a vigil thread

Doubt it as Casey Sanders and Reggie Love are not going to step into the starting lineup/rotation for the 'Hoos anytime. ;)

W&LHoo
02-09-2015, 11:12 AM
Justin went into surgery right away on Sunday, so hopefully he can get back in the swing of things before the NCAAs. His return during even the ACCT seems unlikely. Not a great turn of events for us.

moonpie23
02-09-2015, 11:23 AM
tuff blow for the hoos.......hope he mends well...

kAzE
02-09-2015, 11:32 AM
We're not playing them again in the regular season . . so while you always hate to see a guy go down like this, it's not a serious injury, and he should be back in time for the postseason. I hope they lose one or two games without the guy. We need some help from them if we want the ACC regular season crown. The rest of their schedule, with the exception of a trip to Louisville, is against unranked opponents. We're going to need them to drop at least one of those games (and we pretty much need to win out) so we can win with our head-to-head tiebreaker . . .

sagegrouse
02-09-2015, 11:41 AM
I wish him well but it is apparently a finger on the shooting hand (left). The positive is that he will be able to do conditioning and work with his off-hand. The negative is that his shooting touch may suffer temporarily.

Henderson
02-09-2015, 12:16 PM
I wish him well but it is apparently a finger on the shooting hand (left). The positive is that he will be able to do conditioning and work with his off-hand. The negative is that his shooting touch may suffer temporarily.

In a couple hundred million years a wahoo will be amphibious, but I guess that doesn't help UVa this season.

Heal quickly, Mr. Anderson. No reasonable basketball fan likes to see a young guy like you injured.

Kedsy
02-09-2015, 01:12 PM
In a couple hundred million years a wahoo will be amphibious, but I guess that doesn't help UVa this season.

Heal quickly, Mr. Anderson. No reasonable basketball fan likes to see a young guy like you injured.

Well said. It's really a shame, both for Anderson and Virginia. I hope he comes back soon as possible.

Also, the world can't get enough Charles Shackleford jokes.

MChambers
02-09-2015, 02:30 PM

+1

Hope he recovers well and quickly.

DukieInKansas
02-09-2015, 02:42 PM

I'll add a +1 to this also.

I hope Mr. Anderson heals quickly and completely.