PDA

View Full Version : Broken Tooth

dukejunkie
03-06-2007, 11:37 AM
I just assumed that Hansbrough broke his tooth in the Henderson incident. However, it looks like he did it earlier in the game.

Doesn't he wear a mouthpiece?

:confused:

vango
03-06-2007, 12:01 PM
I noticed him with a mouthpiece towards the end of the game when he was on the lane for a Duke FT attempt. Can't say as I recall him having it in - and it was a noticible black in color guard - earlier in the game but maybe I'm wrong and just didn't catch it. Perhaps trainers took a look and made him wear it for the rest of the game just to be sure.

If someone have the game tivo'd/tape (whatever) maybe they can look at the start and see if it was in.

dukejunkie
03-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Yeah, from pictures of Hansbrough in past games it seems that the mouthpiece is probably new. There's a good chance that it was put in after the injury.

It's surprising that more players don't wear mouthpieces.

PallasAthena
03-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Interestingly, while mouthpieces do a good job protecting teeth, they are also believed to prevent or moderate concussion. If an athlete's head is struck or hits the floor and the jaws smash together, a concussion is more likely to occur.

So, all you athletes, wear a mouthpiece to protect your mouth AND your brain!

Don't know if TH's brain is protectable. Or detectible.

PallasAthena

"Goddess of wisdom"

First post on this new board!

hurleyfor3
03-06-2007, 01:07 PM
He broke a tooth now? What are they going to discover tomorrow, syphillis? Followed the next day by leprosy, I'm sure.

There must still be plenty of mouthpieces in the unc locker room left over from the Kris Lang Era. Otherwise, if you needed a unc mouthpiece, couldn't you just borrow Art Chansky?

dukejunkie
03-06-2007, 01:29 PM
The mouthpiece probably helps team communication too!

:)