PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Georgia Tech (Feb 4, 2015)

JBDuke
02-04-2015, 09:12 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 72-66 win over Georgia Tech tonight?

FerryFor50
02-04-2015, 09:24 PM
I went Winslow.

Matt Jones played well and Cook scored the most, but Winslow was a man possessed.

DukeDevil
02-04-2015, 09:30 PM
I chose Winslow for one reason in particular. His block at the very end of the game. I kept saying to a buddy of mine that, while we had a ton of great players on the team...we didn't have anyone that seemed to get angry at being disrespected, whether it be the hack on Okafor that was just called a plain foul instead of a flagrant 1 (saw no play for the ball at all), or the floor slap on our own center court D, and then at the end of the game they go for the lay in (not that that's disrespectful mind you) but everyone else seemed to let it go...like "oh well, doesn't matter." Winslow went after it because allowed an opponent to score unhindered in Cameron is just not what our attitude should be. I may be applying my own thoughts to him, but that's how I'm going to take it, and that's why he gets my MOTM.

Saratoga2
02-04-2015, 10:00 PM
I thought Quinn excellent play, especially when it looked bleak, earned him MOTM. I understand why some would vote for Justise as I thought he also had an outstanding game. His return to form is what is allowing us to win some tough games. Matt was also solid and rated a third in the voting.

CDu
02-04-2015, 10:12 PM
Winslow, with an honorable mention to Cook for his late-game heroics.

cspan37421
02-04-2015, 11:03 PM
Winslow, because while he's a solid contributor offensively, he's a defensive standout on a team that needs his contribution on that end as much as anything.

duke blue brewcrew
02-05-2015, 12:16 PM
Winslow is back in BEAST mode and recorded his 2nd straight double-double, so he gets my MOTM vote. I extend a tip of the cap to Cook for his late game heroics and being the high scorer of the game. Also to M. Jones who is starting to produce with his new found minutes.

moonpie23
02-05-2015, 01:09 PM
Winslow is back in BEAST mode and recorded his 2nd straight double-double, so he gets my MOTM vote. I extend a tip of the cap to Cook for his late game heroics and being the high scorer of the game. Also to M. Jones who is starting to produce with his new found minutes.

i am beginning to wish i'd gone with JW as well.......I thought Cook was delivering another punch in the mouth to GT, but Justise was in a different way.....

i vote both of them...

kAzE
02-05-2015, 01:32 PM
Winslow has been on a tear since recovering from his rib and shoulder injuries. This is the guy we saw at the start of the year, and the type of aggressive wing defender and scorer that he will continue to be as long as his health holds up for the rest of the year. He's just as much of a 1 and done talent as Okafor, and he showed it tonight.

mgtr
02-05-2015, 01:57 PM
I voted for Winslow because he was the only player I saw (except maybe Matt) who showed that he cared. Not in my house!!

Bob Green
02-05-2015, 03:49 PM
The half court offense was stagnant last night. The team was at their best when they were able to get out in transition off a defensive rebound or turnover. Justise Winslow was the transition catalyst so he made the team effective and earned my vote.