PDA

View Full Version : Bob Harris final call of Northwestern Game

godukecom
09-17-2007, 06:54 PM
When it became apparent that duke might win, I recorded Bob's call of the last ~2 minutes. If anyone would like, i am planning on making an mp3 of the final play, which, if you havent heard it, is very exciting. If you want it, post here

mods, if this is illegal or infringing on a copyright please delete

NovaScotian
09-17-2007, 09:11 PM
i would LOVE to hear that

VaDukie
09-17-2007, 10:16 PM
I'd love to hear it.

JasonEvans
09-18-2007, 08:38 AM
Awesome-- I'd listen (again... I heard it live on the internet).

jimsumner
09-18-2007, 10:16 AM
I thought Wes Chesson was excellent down the stretch. He kept saying what I wanted to say. "Don't lay back and hope that Northwestern makes a mistake. Attack and force a mistake. Don't wait for them to lose the game, win the game for yourself."

Kudos to Wes.

captmojo
09-18-2007, 11:31 AM
I vote for the "Put it on" crowd

homebre
09-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Living in Hillsborough, about 15 miles away from Duke, I cannot pick up WDNC at night, so I had to watch on TV so I would love to hear Bob's call. Also, how did Bob and Wes react to the reversal of the 4th down play that was changed on replay. It seemed to be an obvious first down. On the Big Ten Network with big ten announcers,they were astounded the play was reversed.

Andy from Hillsborough

ehdg
09-18-2007, 01:10 PM
I didn't get to hear it so I'd love to hear it on here. Please post it for us all!!

freedevil
09-18-2007, 01:12 PM
I like Wes, but did no one else think Harris' calls were far too homerish? For someone who couldn't watch the game, he acted like every single call went against Duke, but then, a play would be reviewed and the call's that didn't go Duke's way got upheld. I dunno, just my opinion, I just found it very misleading.

captmojo
09-18-2007, 01:22 PM
Harris' job is to preach to the choir, try to be objective, but essentially preach to the choir. Hey, Could be worse. What if you had to listen to Woody Durham call the Duke game? Oh God, I had to listen to that man give reports on Greensboro television news for years! It was horrific.

Capn Poptart
09-18-2007, 01:59 PM
My favorite announcer comment in a long time was the day after this year's NCAA finals. FOX radio sports co-host James Washington said:

"Billy Donovan has a chance to become the John Wooden of college basketball."

Ima Facultiwyfe
09-18-2007, 03:00 PM
jumping up and down and yelling in our living room ourselves to hear what Bob was saying. I'd love to hear it.

Love, Ima

godukecom
09-18-2007, 07:47 PM
ok ill get it bay this weekend, im kind of busy right now...

just so you knowm here is about what he said:
the drop, here comes the rush, hes hit as he throoooowwwwsssssssssssssss.....INCOMPLETE! THE BALL GAME IS OVER! THE STREAK IS OVER!

i think ill upload it somewhere instead of emailing it to everyone. Anyone know of a good, free filesharing site?

rthomas
09-18-2007, 08:07 PM
I want it too. I watched on tv but I'd love to here Bob Harris' version.

CCx3
09-18-2007, 08:09 PM
putfile.com is a great place for uploading such things

duke2x
09-18-2007, 08:09 PM
I was unable to hear the game where I was and would like to hear it. Thanks in advance for posting it.

SilkyJ
09-18-2007, 08:15 PM
count me in if you email it. Thanks!

godukecom
09-18-2007, 08:46 PM
your wish is my command
there are 2 files here- the entire last 2 minutes and the postgame. they are recorded from wdnc-620 AM

DISCLAIMER: i have uploaded the files as-is. i have not edited out any commercials as i had origionally intended to do. I thought that people would rather have this now unedited than get it edited after the fact. Feel free to use this file for whatever you want; i do not consider it mine juse because i recorded it.

have fun!
http://media.putfile.com/DUKE-NW-2007-last-2-minutes
http://media.putfile.com/DUke-NW-postgame

having never used putfile before, i do not know if this will work. let me know if it doesnt; we can figure somehting else out!

captmojo
09-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Thank you goduke. A job well done.

LetItBD08
09-18-2007, 10:59 PM
I know you already got the file up, but box.net is good for that kind of stuff + it was co-created by a current Duke student.

(Not meant to be a shameless plug. Thought you guys might be interested in the work of a rather enterprising Blue Devil.)

Bluedawg
09-19-2007, 12:30 AM
When it became apparent that duke might win, I recorded Bob's call of the last ~2 minutes. If anyone would like, i am planning on making an mp3 of the final play, which, if you havent heard it, is very exciting. If you want it, post here

mods, if this is illegal or infringing on a copyright please delete

Absolutely! I can't pick up 620am where I live so I missed it. I'd love to hear it.

gep
09-19-2007, 12:32 AM
having never used putfile before, i do not know if this will work. let me know if it doesnt; we can figure somehting else out!

Files worked GREAT!!! Thanks...:)

4decadedukie
09-19-2007, 08:30 AM
godukecom - Thank you so much.

Also, I listened (via the Internet) to Chicago's WGN live-feed, which carried the entire game for Northwestern. It's interesting to observe the obvious, unsurprising partisanship by contrasting the last minutes of Bob Harris' broadcast to WGN's, which seemed to focus more on poor officiating than on the game and Duke's stellar "red zone" defense.

TillyGalore
09-19-2007, 09:45 AM
godukecom, thank you for uploading the file and posting it here. I got goosebumps listening to Bob Harris. :D :D :D

godukecom
09-19-2007, 07:14 PM
I got goosebumps listening to Bob Harris. :D :D :D

I get goosebumps with every big play he does...

he spins, get it over to mccants on the right side with 2 seconds, with 1 second, ball out of bounds, DUKE BALL IT'S OVER!

McRoberts looking, throws it to midcourt to dockery, dockery dribbles, shoots
SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORES

are 2 of my favorites

Highlander
09-19-2007, 09:09 PM
I get goosebumps with every big play he does...

he spins, get it over to mccants on the right side with 2 seconds, with 1 second, ball out of bounds, DUKE BALL IT'S OVER!

McRoberts looking, throws it to midcourt to dockery, dockery dribbles, shoots
SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORES

are 2 of my favorites

Mine are pretty predictable..

"Four Seconds, Three. Jordan lets fly! IT IS OVER! The Destiny Darlings have done it! Duke has won its first National Championship 72-65 over the Kansas Jayhawks."

"Bobby Hurley up the floor with Laettner they throw it the length of the court. Laettner catches. comes down, DRIBBLES. SHOOTS! SCOOOOOOOOORRREEEHHESSSS! CHRISTIAN LAETTNER HAS HIT THE BUCKET AT THE BUZZER! THE BLUE DEVILS WIN IT! 104 to 103! LOOK OUT MINNEAPOLIS! HERE COME THE BLUE DEVILS!!!

Every time I hear him say Destiny Darlings or Scoooores, I get goosebumps...