PDA

View Full Version : Congrats from a UVA fan

jhmoss1812
01-31-2015, 09:23 PM
Congrats on the win Duke. Impressed by your poise and toughness. You guys hit some big shots down the stretch and were the better team tonight. Hope we get to see you again, in the ACCT or NCAAT. Good luck the rest of the way.

Duvall
01-31-2015, 09:24 PM
Congrats on the win Duke. Impressed by your poise and toughness. You guys hit some big shots down the stretch and were the better team tonight. Hope we get to see you again, in the ACCT or NCAAT. Good luck the rest of the way.

Thanks. You guys have been great all week.

jv001
01-31-2015, 09:24 PM

Right back at you. Good luck the rest of the way, but we still would like to catch you in the standings. :cool: GoDuke!

fuse
01-31-2015, 09:25 PM
Just want to offer kudos- what a classy move.

UVa fought hard, it was a great game. We're not so far removed from the Notre Dame game that we empathize with how you must be feeling.

UVa is likely to have a special season, Bennett is a great coach. Good luck with the rest of the season.

FerryFor50
01-31-2015, 09:25 PM

Thanks for the sportsmanship.

We could have used that poise and toughness against ND, but I'll take a 1-1 split this week, considering all that's gone down.

OldPhiKap
01-31-2015, 09:26 PM

Thanks, UVa can win it all this year. All of the UVa fans we have had on this site in recent years have been high quality as well.

Good luck, beat the damn Tar Heels.

CDu
01-31-2015, 09:29 PM

Appreciate the kind words and for being such a good sport. Takes character to come here after a hard-fought loss. Your guys played well enough to win and there should be no shame in this one. Duke just got hot at the right time (for us; worst time for you guys). Still, you guys are putting together another fantastic season. There is a good chance we see each other on Saturday in the ACC tournament for a rematch of last year's championship.

Best of luck the rest of the way. Go beat the pants off of UNC on Monday! :)

JBDuke
01-31-2015, 09:36 PM

Thanks. I'll echo the thoughts of plenty of others - you and your fellow Cavalier fans have been classy this week in the run up to this game. It's the kind of opponent fan interaction that we love to see here and makes this a better community. You guys have a great team - not sure what happened to your defense down the stretch, but I think they lost a bit of focus, and Duke took advantage.

And I'll add two more cents - I hope you guys get steamed and really take it out on Carolina on Monday. I'll be sitting with my dad, a big UVA fan, pulling for you!

Duke3517
01-31-2015, 09:38 PM

Great team, hopefully we meet again deep in the NCAA Tournament.

jv001
01-31-2015, 09:42 PM
Ok, Cavaliers, no hang over after a Duke win, so go and beat the uncheaters by about 20 points. I don't care if a cheat win would put us closer to you guys in the regular season race. I want to see them lose every game left on their schedule. GoDuke!

6th Man
01-31-2015, 09:49 PM
I have a lot of respect for UVA. Classy coach and classy players. I thought Winslow was out of line grabbing Anderson's leg. Justin regained his composure and helped Winslow up. Could have been nasty. Reminded me of Big Jah hugging Harrell from Louisville to stop a bad situation. Nice to see kids rise above.

CDu
01-31-2015, 09:54 PM
I have a lot of respect for UVA. Classy coach and classy players. I thought Winslow was out of line grabbing Anderson's leg. Justin regained his composure and helped Winslow up. Could have been nasty. Reminded me of Big Jah hugging Harrell from Louisville to stop a bad situation. Nice to see kids rise above.

Yeah, definite kudos to Anderson for keeping his cool. I can't say enough how dangerous that could have been, not to mention completely uncalled for. Thankfully he didn't go berserk and it largely went away.

Native
01-31-2015, 10:00 PM

Class class class.

Great game from you guys tonight. Best of luck going forward. Big-time respect for Bennett, your players, and your program.

eddie_yvp
01-31-2015, 10:04 PM
Yeah - hats off to Duke. Had a bad feeling that UVA was due for a humbling experience - they just haven't seemed to respond well to being the "hunted" and just don't think they are as good as they were last year. Which is nothing to be ashamed of. Maybe UVA will recover and still prove to be a final four caliber team, but that #1 seed in the ACC tournament - let alone the NCAA's - seems to be a mirage at this point.

CDu
01-31-2015, 10:07 PM
Yeah - hats off to Duke. Had a bad feeling that UVA was due for a humbling experience - they just haven't seemed to respond well to being the "hunted" and just don't think they are as good as they were last year. Which is nothing to be ashamed of. Maybe UVA will recover and still prove to be a final four caliber team, but that #1 seed in the ACC tournament - let alone the NCAA's - seems to be a mirage at this point.

I still think you are in great shape for the ACC #1 and a #1 inthe NCAAs. There is no shame in losing one to another potential #1 or #2 seed. Now just go make amends by spanking the Heels!!!

duke79
01-31-2015, 10:08 PM

Thanks for your magnanimity. Very kind of you to come on this board with your good wishes. UVa has a helluva of a team. I thought you outplayed us for most of the game but we got lucky at the end. I'm always amazed at how fast momentum can shift in these games. I think Coach Bennett is one of the best coaches in the game today. You'll have great teams for years to come.

Hope we meet again DEEP into the tournament (Final Four??).

And, yes, of course, good luck against Carolina next week

OldPhiKap
01-31-2015, 10:09 PM

Interesting view. I think you are still well-poised to finish the regular season on top. Gotta beat Carolina though; gets more interesting if the Heels win that game.

jv001
01-31-2015, 10:09 PM

Don't be so hard on your team. One loss does not mean it's over. Go beat the Cheaters. GoDuke!

Reisen
01-31-2015, 10:32 PM
UVA looked very good tonight. Duke is a great team, but UVA looked really good against them.

I was very impressed with UVA's passing, shooting, defense, rebounding...

UVA has always been my second favorite school (I was admitted there for both undergrad and B-School), so I'm really pleased to see them doing so well.

weezie
01-31-2015, 10:33 PM
...Good luck the rest of the way.

Hey jhmoss, don't go over to ic, they're nasty unwashed bunch of goobs. I don't want you playing in that neighborhood!

Go beat the living daylights out of the hole.

moonpie23
01-31-2015, 10:51 PM
very kewl of the hoos to have that class......don't mind seeing you in the ACCT, don't care to see you after that...

now, go hulk on the heels and SMASH!

eddie_yvp
01-31-2015, 10:51 PM
Don't be so hard on your team. One loss does not mean it's over. Go beat the Cheaters. GoDuke!

I certainly don't think it's over. I said they still might prove to be a final four caliber team. In this past week, people I've come across have been rushing to proclaim that UVA is elite, and I've been telling them them there's no reason to conclude that until we see how they do against Duke/UNC/UL. Fact is, UVA started this season ranked #9 in the polls and projected to finish 4th in the ACC based on losing two very valuable seniors - and have ascended to #2 largely based on a tough but not spectacular schedule that optimized their efficiency numbers. I thinks it's just as likely those preseason expectations prove spot on as it is that UVA exceeds those expectations. It's only just turning to February, where we really learn who the real contenders are.

I certainly don't want to take anything away from Duke - that was an extremely clutch performance to close out the game when they easily could have folded. The ACC is wide open right now - and ultimately I think that's a great thing.

NYBri
01-31-2015, 10:56 PM
UVA my second favorite team in the ACC.

Newton_14
01-31-2015, 11:24 PM
Thanks and much props for coming on here after a tough loss for your guys and having the class to congratulate our Blue Devils. Major props for that. Deserving of trident point.

I have mad respect for Bennett, the program he is building and this UVA team. An epic game between two heavy weights and in the end Duke just made a few more big plays and hit a few more big shots. Our 3's down the stretch were huge, especially against such a stalwart defense.

Thanks much for your classy post.

Ima Facultiwyfe
01-31-2015, 11:34 PM
How refreshing to have gotten a win over a tough and clean opponent. UVA did themselves proud. Kinda reminds me of the way the ACC used to be. (sigh) Our old rivalry with the heels doesn't seem as shiny as it used to be. We always want our opponents to be first rate so that a hard fought win really means something.

The Devils and the Cavs did each other favors tonight. We needed a big win and now the Cavs don't have to go around wondering if they'll realize when one is slipping away. They'll be ready next time.

Congrats to both sides. Go Duke!
Love, Ima

KandG
01-31-2015, 11:39 PM

Thanks for that very classy message. Really enjoy watching your team, so well coached, getting the most out of everyone. Good luck the rest of the season.

elvis14
02-01-2015, 12:10 AM

Thanks for the post, very classy. I can tell you that one of the reasons I'm so excited about this win is because of the amount of respect I have for UVa right now. For the second straight year, you guys are playing great. Good luck going forward and beat UNC-Cheats on Monday!

Billy Dat
02-01-2015, 07:39 AM
To the Hoos up in Hooville, I still think you guys match-up best with the Bluegrass Cats. Keep ya head up.

MCFinARL
02-01-2015, 08:27 AM

Yeah, who would ever say "it's over" after one lost game? ;)

Seriously, being the "hunted" team takes some getting used to, but I think Virginia is likely up for it--they are a high character team with a great coach. I think the #1 seed is still well within reach.

And thanks, as others have said, to UVa fans for being so gracious on this board.

moonpie23
02-01-2015, 09:48 AM
what's the best "Hoo's" board?
......mad respect for them....

Devilwin
02-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Good game, you have a really fine team, and they showed great class. Nothing but respect for you the rest of the way.

Chillduck
02-01-2015, 11:18 AM
I feel that there is new rivalry brewing between two high class schools with great "student" athletes. Tony Bennett is the next great coach! I hope this is the beginning of some great games in the future. It's always nice to play teams that demonstrate great heart and sportsmanship!

MChambers
02-01-2015, 11:51 AM
Nice to have fans from other teams post here in a classy way! UVa is a very good team and I think will go further this year than last. (Hope so.)

duke blue brewcrew
02-01-2015, 01:14 PM

Tip of the cap to your sportsmanship and to your team. The Cavs are gonna be hell to deal with all season long. Tony Bennett is one helluva coach and I'm happy he's a part of the ACC. He's is the best thing to happen to the Cavalier program since Terry Holland. Good luck the rest of the season and until we meet again.

Mike Corey
02-01-2015, 01:26 PM
I feel that there is new rivalry brewing between two high class schools with great "student" athletes. Tony Bennett is the next great coach! I hope this is the beginning of some great games in the future. It's always nice to play teams that demonstrate great heart and sportsmanship!

This would be nice.

Virginia's the kind of foe you want to have.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
02-01-2015, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the post but im not going to repeat what others have said and hope to see ylu in the ACC tourney or the NCAAT. I hope we dont have to play VA again when they have revenge on their minds.

devildeac
02-01-2015, 02:15 PM
It takes a lot of character to post on a rival board, especially when leading up to a game like this and even higher character to post after a loss. It's been very educational and enlightening reading thoughts/evaluations of your team over the last few days. Please come back for more visits and discussions for the rest of this season and many more to come. Two more items: 1) Send c*rolina to hell 2) Consider nominating/suggesting Bennett to coach the US National Team. I think he'd make a great successor to K. He's a fabulous coach.