PDA

View Full Version : How does Sean Obi get to every away game?

DukeInCA
01-31-2015, 07:06 PM
Just curious to see how Sean Obi makes it to every away game? I thought transfers weren't allowed to travel? Seems like he's on the bench every away game. Love seeing him support the team!

Duke_92
01-31-2015, 07:25 PM
Good question. I remember Rodney Hood talking about watching away games at Satisfaction.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
01-31-2015, 07:31 PM
He has a magic carpet

Bluedog
01-31-2015, 07:34 PM
Just curious to see how Sean Obi makes it to every away game? I thought transfers weren't allowed to travel? Seems like he's on the bench every away game. Love seeing him support the team!

They're not allowed to travel with the team, but can under their own dime. Obi comes from a family of more means than Hood. His host family in the US (not sure their exact relation, but they're very close to him and raised him basically in high school as I understand it) lives in Greenwich...

Tripping William
01-31-2015, 08:15 PM
He has a magic carpet

Millennium Falcon.

subzero02
01-31-2015, 08:20 PM
Snow sled pulled by unicorns...

Newton_14
01-31-2015, 11:37 PM
They're not allowed to travel with the team, but can under their own dime. Obi comes from a family of more means than Hood. His host family in the US (not sure their exact relation, but they're very close to him and raised him basically in high school as I understand it) lives in Greenwich...

Exactly. There is no rule that redshirts cannot both attend the game and sit on the bench, they simply have to pay their own way to get there. Not every college basketball player is dirt poor. There are many that have families with enough money to pay for their trips to road games. Seth Curry anyone?

There is no conspiracy here or some hidden, conceiled wrong doing that Duke is committing for Obi to attend road games. It's kind of absurd to make that insinuation. His family obviously has enough wealth to pay for Obi to travel and pay for his own travel and lodging on these road trips.

mattman91
01-31-2015, 11:52 PM
Exactly. There is no rule that redshirts cannot both attend the game and sit on the bench, they simply have to pay their own way to get there. Not every college basketball player is dirt poor. There are many that have families with enough money to pay for their trips to road games. Seth Curry anyone?

There is no conspiracy here or some hidden, conceiled wrong doing that Duke is committing for Obi to attend road games. It's kind of absurd to make that insinuation. His family obviously has enough wealth to pay for Obi to travel and pay for his own travel and lodging on these road trips.

Regardless, it's a ridiculous rule.

Dukehky
01-31-2015, 11:58 PM
Dude may even have a car!!!!

Nice to have him on the bench, that way if stuff pops off at least we look intimidating.

Edouble
02-01-2015, 04:13 AM
I suspect he takes the Great Space Coaster.

I only question where he parks.

Newton_14
02-01-2015, 08:02 AM
Regardless, it's a ridiculous rule.

Totally agree on that. An awful rule.