PDA

View Full Version : Redick in 3 pt contest, Mason in Slam Dunk

luburch
01-27-2015, 12:28 AM
Finally we will get to see JJ in the NBA 3pt contest. Some pretty stiff competition.

http://yhoo.it/15Nr5y2

CDu
01-27-2015, 08:39 AM
Finally we will get to see JJ in the NBA 3pt contest. Some pretty stiff competition.

Glad to see Redick finally decided to participate. But man, that is one loaded field with Korver, Curry, and Thompson in it as well. Should be entertaining.

I actually think Redick is at a disadvantage in a competition like this. Redick uses his legs a lot in his shot, whereas guys like Korver, Thompson, and Curry shoot more of a set shot. The set shot guys tend to do better in these events due to the high volume of attempts in a short period of time.

All that said, good luck to him in what should be a fun contest.

Troublemaker
01-27-2015, 08:42 AM
Give me Curry over the field!

flyingdutchdevil
01-27-2015, 08:48 AM
Give me Curry over the field!

Friendly wager - put me down for Korver.

3pt is like a fine wine, my friend. Only gets better with age.

CDu
01-27-2015, 10:04 AM
Friendly wager - put me down for Korver.

3pt is like a fine wine, my friend. Only gets better with age.

I'm not a betting man, but I'd go with Korver or Thompson in an event like this. And Korver would be my choice of those two. The guy is the best 3pt shooter in the NBA, and his shooting style is made for this competition.

That being said, any of those guys could get hot and win it. They're all that good.

JasonEvans
01-27-2015, 10:34 AM

That article sucks. It says Curry, Klay, Korver, JJ, and Wesley Matthews are going to participate in the 6-man competition. Ummm, they just named 5 of the 6 competitors but not the 6th. I've checked around a bit and no one seems to know who the 6th person will be. Speculation it will be last year's 3-point champ, the Spurs Marco Belinelli, but nothing confirmed.

Gonna be a great contest, that's for sure.

-Jason "I haven't watched the 3-point contest in years... but I will this time. And if we're betting, I'm taking Korver" Evans

UrinalCake
01-27-2015, 10:40 AM
JJ in the three point contest, Mason in the dunk contest, Kyrie the MVP of last year's all star game... I thought Duke couldn't produce pros!

HK Dukie
01-27-2015, 11:30 AM
I'm taking JJ.

Picking a winner in this competition is like picking which win over UNC was your favorite. They are ALL my favorite!

Edouble
01-27-2015, 08:29 PM
That article sucks. It says Curry, Klay, Korver, JJ, and Wesley Matthews are going to participate in the 6-man competition. Ummm, they just named 5 of the 6 competitors but not the 6th. I've checked around a bit and no one seems to know who the 6th person will be. Speculation it will be last year's 3-point champ, the Spurs Marco Belinelli, but nothing confirmed.

Gonna be a great contest, that's for sure.

-Jason "I haven't watched the 3-point contest in years... but I will this time. And if we're betting, I'm taking Korver" Evans

Is it possible that they haven't decided the sixth yet?

I'd like to see Trevor Ariza, as a dark horse.

Oh, and this ATLien is taking JJ. The greatest ever.

subzero02
01-28-2015, 12:59 AM
I've got Thompson... He's been dropping treys like the sun's been dropping rays...

JasonEvans
01-28-2015, 09:23 AM
MP2 will be a participant (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12239406/2015-slam-dunk-contest-lineup-giannis-antetokounmpo-zach-lavine-victor-oladipo-mason-plumlee) in the slam dunk contest.

Milwaukee's Giannis Antetokounmpo, Minnesota's Zach LaVine, Orlando's Victor Oladipo and Brooklyn's Mason Plumlee will be the contestants in the 2015 Sprite Slam Dunk contest, the NBA announced Tuesday night.

Amazing how low-key and star-free the slam dunk contest has become compared to the 3-point shootout. This is an ok field, but we are missing many of the best slam dunkers in the league and even many of the top young stars in the game who could be using this to build their rep. How on Earth is Wiggins not a part of this?!?!

-Jason "Greek Freak may be tough to beat-- though he looks so effortless, it may hurt his scores" Evans

FerryFor50
01-28-2015, 10:07 AM
MP2 will be a participant (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12239406/2015-slam-dunk-contest-lineup-giannis-antetokounmpo-zach-lavine-victor-oladipo-mason-plumlee) in the slam dunk contest.

Amazing how low-key and star-free the slam dunk contest has become compared to the 3-point shootout. This is an ok field, but we are missing many of the best slam dunkers in the league and even many of the top young stars in the game who could be using this to build their rep. How on Earth is Wiggins not a part of this?!?!

-Jason "Greek Freak may be tough to beat-- though he looks so effortless, it may hurt his scores" Evans

Don't count out LaVine and Oladipo, though.

I think the field is actually pretty good. I think MP2 is the weakest in the field, and that's not an insult.

JasonEvans
01-28-2015, 10:13 AM
Don't count out LaVine and Oladipo, though.

I think the field is actually pretty good. I think MP2 is the weakest in the field, and that's not an insult.

It is a good field, I agree, though it really lacks star power. I mean, Mason is the most famous guy in the field, I suspect. That's kinda weak. I'm just disappointed that Andrew Wiggins isn't in it.

-Jason "I still lament for the days when Jordan and Dominique did this" Evans