PDA

View Full Version : 1K hats

rthomas
01-26-2015, 11:34 AM
I like the shirt, but anyone know where can we get the 1K hats?

Dukehky
01-26-2015, 11:36 AM
I"m sure goduke will have them as soon as they become available.

msdukie
01-26-2015, 11:24 PM
Supposedly they are not being made for retail. Duck Shop is trying to see if their Nike retailer will make them due to demand.

msdukie
01-26-2015, 11:46 PM
Latest word from the Duck Shop is that Nike told them the hats will not be made available :(

94duke
01-27-2015, 08:35 AM
Latest word from the Duck Shop is that Nike told them the hats will not be made available :(

Just like the "Order Has Been Restored" shirts.

MCFinARL
01-27-2015, 09:29 AM

Too bad--those are terrific hats. On the other hand, maybe it is appropriate that the team members when K hit 1000 have some swag that is only for them--it's not like they give out championship rings for this.

killerleft
01-27-2015, 12:57 PM
Just like the "Order Has Been Restored" shirts.

Dang. I designed my own Order Has Been Restored T-Shirt, then had it printed at a mall kiosk that reproduced photos. But a stitched hat is beyond my skill level.

devildeac
01-27-2015, 01:25 PM
Dang. I designed my own Order Has Been Restored T-Shirt, then had it printed at a mall kiosk that reproduced photos. But a stitched hat is beyond my skill level.

Maybe c*rolina has an upper level paperless class for that:rolleyes:.

fuse
01-27-2015, 01:35 PM
Count me in the camp of wanting to buy a hat. Bummer.

killerleft
01-27-2015, 02:01 PM
Maybe c*rolina has an upper level paperless class for that:rolleyes:.

Nah. They'd give me credit for the class and I still would end up with no hat:o!

TKG
01-27-2015, 03:15 PM
Nah. They'd give me credit for the class and I still would end up with no hat:o!

Class, hell, you'd make Dean's List and probably get a diploma!

weezie
01-27-2015, 04:39 PM
It's a snap back as far as I could tell, wish it was fitted though. So, I guess I'll have to find a family member capable of playing for Duke in the next few years, have him get recruited while I stand silently by and then swoop in when K offers my new favorite relative a scholly and then I'll grab the hat and run.
That's all I got....

diablesseblu
01-27-2015, 05:41 PM
I wish Nike would commemorate Coach's milestone by selling the hats through their online store and giving a portion (or all) of the profits to the Emily K Center.

-jk
01-27-2015, 05:43 PM
I wish Nike would commemorate Coach's milestone by selling the hats through their online store and giving a portion (or all) of the profits to the Emily K Center.

Nah - that would piss off all the other Nike programs. Sorta like the Order shirt.

-jk

blazindw
01-27-2015, 07:00 PM
They are selling the shirts (http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Duke_Blue_Devils_T-Shirts/Duke_Blue_Devils_Nike_Coach_K_1K_Wins_T-Shirt_-_White)online...I guess that was enough for them.

BlueTeuf
01-27-2015, 08:15 PM
On the other hand, maybe it is appropriate that the team members when K hit 1000 have some swag that is only for them--it's not like they give out championship rings for this.

Oh, I suspect the 6th man qualifies. There'd be a lot less wins without our homecourt advantage.

Edouble
01-27-2015, 08:30 PM
They are selling the shirts (http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Duke_Blue_Devils_T-Shirts/Duke_Blue_Devils_Nike_Coach_K_1K_Wins_T-Shirt_-_White)online...I guess that was enough for them.

Good Lord, should I buy that tee shirt or go out to dinner?

Remember when tee shirts were like $8?

MCFinARL
01-27-2015, 09:32 PM
Oh, I suspect the 6th man qualifies. There'd be a lot less wins without our homecourt advantage.

Fair point.

gep
01-27-2015, 11:23 PM
Wasn't one of the quotes from Jahlil when he committed to Duke that he wanted to be a part of Coach K's 1000th win? It's important to be on the team that got that milestone. I say... let them have a VERY unique piece of college basketball history to remember by.:cool:

Edouble
01-28-2015, 12:26 AM
Wasn't one of the quotes from Jahlil when he committed to Duke that he wanted to be a part of Coach K's 1000th win? It's important to be on the team that got that milestone. I say... let them have a VERY unique piece of college basketball history to remember by.:cool:

Unique can not take a modifier. The word means "one of a kind". Something is either unique, or it is not. There are no degrees of uniqueness.

wavedukefan70s
01-28-2015, 05:50 AM
Has anyone tried lids or any other hat shop? We get custom hats sewn there all the time.the design fee is like 35 or 50 dollars.a group buy gets a discount though.my hats after that are 17 to 25 dollars.

DukieInKansas
01-28-2015, 10:44 AM

You have to pay for the Swoosh somehow.

Yes, I did order one of these but the Swoosh wasn't as noticable on the Duke Store website. I wonder if I would have thought more about the purchase if I had seen it.

blazindw
01-28-2015, 11:03 AM
Has anyone tried lids or any other hat shop? We get custom hats sewn there all the time.the design fee is like 35 or 50 dollars.a group buy gets a discount though.my hats after that are 17 to 25 dollars.

That logo is copyrighted and Lids/other hat shops cannot add it or modify existing logos to hats.

Mike Corey
01-30-2015, 02:56 PM
The hats are available at the Duck Store (http://www.theduckshop.net/duke-coach-k-1k-hat.aspx)!!!

The hats apparently won't be available until the end of February. And the Duck Store won't be able to order any more than however many they order for this shipment.

http://www.theduckshop.net/images/products/thumb/356903009.jpg

diablesseblu
01-30-2015, 03:36 PM
The hats are available at the Duck Store (http://www.theduckshop.net/duke-coach-k-1k-hat.aspx)!!!

The hats apparently won't be available until the end of February. And the Duck Store won't be able to order any more than however many they order for this shipment.

http://www.theduckshop.net/images/products/thumb/356903009.jpg

Really appreciate the info and your posting this, Mike. Have ordered mine....a happy Friday surprise!

yancem
01-30-2015, 06:07 PM

A lot of malls have kiosks that sell hats with custom embroidery. I'm not sure what kind of file they would need or if they can even use outside art work but if you really want the hat, it shouldn't be too hard to recreate the art work.

killerleft
01-30-2015, 07:21 PM
A lot of malls have kiosks that sell hats with custom embroidery. I'm not sure what kind of file they would need or if they can even use outside art work but if you really want the hat, it shouldn't be too hard to recreate the art work.

Thanks, just ordered the hat thru the Duck Shop as suggested by Mike Corey. Thanks, Mike. Ended up costing about $33 after shipping & tax.

shereec
02-07-2015, 10:44 AM
The ladies at the Team Store beside Cameron told me Wednesday evening that they will be getting the hats mid-February.

weezie
02-07-2015, 11:24 PM
Is it a fitted hat or a snap back? Looks fitted?

blazindw
02-21-2015, 08:06 PM
They are now also available for preorder through the Duke Store (http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/ePOS/this_category=454&store=106&item_number=49654&form=shared3/gm/detail.html&design=106) as well.

Newton_14
02-21-2015, 08:10 PM
They are now also available for preorder through the Duke Store (http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/ePOS/this_category=454&store=106&item_number=49654&form=shared3/gm/detail.html&design=106) as well.

Ordered mine Thursday Night!! Can't wait.

DukeDevilDeb
02-21-2015, 08:33 PM
Ordered mine Thursday Night!! Can't wait.

There are only 770 left... may sound like a lot, but if each underclassmen wanted one, there wouldn't be enough. I ordered 4 when the notice first came out (at the beginning of the week). I don't know about the Duck Shop; I could only find them at the Duke Stores:
http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/ePOS/this_category=454&store=106&item_number=49654&form=shared3/gm/detail.html&design=106

Good luck! Won't be available until March 1.

Go Devils!

rthomas
03-10-2015, 06:37 PM
I'm very happy to report hat my 1K hat came today!

Tripping William
03-10-2015, 06:56 PM
Mine arrived yesterday just in time for the ACC Tournament. But, as my wife reminds me regularly, I have a face for radio....

Dr. Rosenrosen
03-10-2015, 07:42 PM
Got mine yesterday. Love it. Made some UNC folks stare this afternoon. Awesome.

duketaylor
03-10-2015, 08:01 PM
Got my 4 yesterday;) Gotta keep a couple for future consideration. Sure my boys will want one once they know about them. Bet their twin buddies won't have them (and she's-the Mom, a Duke grad).

Ima Facultiwyfe
03-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Unique can not take a modifier. The word means "one of a kind". Something is either unique, or it is not. There are no degrees of uniqueness.

THANKS! Glad to see somebody else is as constipated as I about this stuff. Bless your heart!

Love, Ima

Newton_14
03-10-2015, 09:08 PM
I'm very happy to report hat my 1K hat came today!

Mine came in yesterday! Love it!

fuse
03-10-2015, 09:16 PM
Ordered mine today, Duke Store online noted 46 left.

JetpackJesus
03-10-2015, 09:42 PM
Is it a fitted hat or a snap back? Looks fitted?

Received my hat last Friday (ordered from Duck Shop) so I got to wear it all day leading up to beating unc (GTHCGTH).

To answer your question: It's neither. It is an adjustable hat, but it isn't the plastic snapback kind. Instead, it has a cloth strap with a metal clasp/buckle mechanism. It worked well on my hat, and I was able to easily get a comfortable fit.

Also, the brim of the hat is not flat as it typically would be on a snapback. The brim was pre-curved nicely so I could wear it right out of the box without having to rubberband a baseball in there like the old days. You can see the brim pretty well in rthomas's picture.

killerleft
03-11-2015, 10:00 AM
"This is a very nice hat, this is. That's why I like it."*

Well made, the stitchery is witchery, and the Kounting on the back clues in some of those who don't know what to make of the 1K on the front. I had to have it when I saw the players in them after the game, and I'm glad I ordered it. If it really is a limited edition, my hat could be worth plenty money years from now.:) I DO wish the Nike Swoosh on the side was the beautiful blue instead of white

* Obscure Monty Python reference.

wavedukefan70s
03-11-2015, 01:11 PM
I'm wearing mine .like the adjustable strap instead of snap back. It's a comfortable hat.
I agree about the nike.it's one of the best duke hats I have.

Neals384
03-11-2015, 01:40 PM

I think you can still get a UNC NIT Champions T Shirt for $8. Ol' Roy had 'em all made up and ready, but dang it, the boys just couldn't git er done.

rsvman
03-11-2015, 04:08 PM
i think you can still get a unc nit champions t shirt for $8. Ol' roy had 'em all made up and ready, but
dadgummit, the boys just couldn't git er done.
FTFY.