PDA

View Full Version : Duke bars list? (i.e., where to watch at game in the Boston area)

tardevil
01-21-2015, 10:15 AM
I'm going to be in Boston for travel in a couple of weeks and was interested in getting together with like-minded folks to watch the Duke/GT game. I know that there are scheduled watch parties for UNC, UVa, and others, but not for the GT game.

There used to be a list of "Duke bars" on the DBR site, but I can't find it. Maybe someone could at least point me to that list.

Thanks!
-john '98
Madison, WI

blazindw
01-21-2015, 10:27 AM
I'm going to be in Boston for travel in a couple of weeks and was interested in getting together with like-minded folks to watch the Duke/GT game. I know that there are scheduled watch parties for UNC, UVa, and others, but not for the GT game.

There used to be a list of "Duke bars" on the DBR site, but I can't find it. Maybe someone could at least point me to that list.

Thanks!
-john '98
Madison, WI

The Duke Boston bar is Brownstone, 111 Dartmouth Street, Boston. You can view which dates there are official regional watch parties for any club in the country on the DAA website (http://dukealumni.com/alumni-communities/regional-programming/hoops-watch).

tardevil
01-21-2015, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the info.

I'll be in Waltham for work, but it might be worth the drive in to town if it's a Duke-friendly establishment.

-john

AIRFORCEDUKIE
01-21-2015, 11:07 AM
Ive made Monroe's of Palm Beach an Unofficial Duke Bar this season. Mainly because I dont have Directv anymore and they so far have had every game. There is members area where you can be secluded from the rest of the craziness. Good food, cold beer, attractive women, and Duke basketball...good times

So now Im going to make it official

The West Palm Beach Duke basketball watching bar is Monroe's of Palm Beach!!

That makes it official right???

AIRFORCEDUKIE
01-21-2015, 11:08 AM
And yes I know this has nothing to do with Boston, but might as well get a list together.

flyingdutchdevil
01-21-2015, 11:19 AM
Tar Devil -

Brownstone is indeed the alumni bar for games, but it's incredibly underwhelming. I often go to the North End, where bars like the "Greatest Bar", "North Star" and "The Four's", and "The Grand Canal" have awesome vibes but few alums. Gotta choose your poison.

Thanks for the info.

I'll be in Waltham for work, but it might be worth the drive in to town if it's a Duke-friendly establishment.

-john

Bluedog
01-21-2015, 11:31 AM
Since we're on the topic, anybody have a good suggestion of where to watch the ND game in Providence next Wed? I doubt there is an organized alumni bar there....

David Bunkley
01-22-2015, 09:09 AM
I don't live there, but I will be there when Duke plays UVA. Does anyone know the best spot to watch a game near/in Uptown?

#GODUKE

flyingdutchdevil
01-22-2015, 03:53 PM
Since we're on the topic, anybody have a good suggestion of where to watch the ND game in Providence next Wed? I doubt there is an organized alumni bar there....

My advice - go to Boston to watch the game. it's only a 45 min train ride (and a very pleasant one at that).

Providence is nice, just lacks the love of sports that Boston has.

bmoreduke
01-23-2015, 03:30 PM
Hey everyone.

I'm new to the board, and am curious if anyone knows of any Duke bars/restaurants in Baltimore, MD?

Any feedback is appreciated!

GODUKE!!

blazindw
01-23-2015, 03:47 PM
Hey everyone.

I'm new to the board, and am curious if anyone knows of any Duke bars/restaurants in Baltimore, MD?

GODUKE!!

Sadly, I don't think we have a Duke bar in Baltimore. However, check out Slainté in Fells Point, tell them you're a friend of the American Outlaws and see if they won't put the game on for you.

AtlDuke72
01-23-2015, 06:24 PM
Hey everyone.

GODUKE!!

I am going to be in Durham on the night of the Carolina game . Hoping to get two tickets but may get shut out. Does anybody have a recommendation for where to go watch in Durham that night if we don't get into the game?

sagegrouse
01-23-2015, 06:28 PM
I am going to be in Durham on the night of the Carolina game . Hoping to get two tickets but may get shut out. Does anybody have a recommendation for where to go watch in Durham that night if we don't get into the game?

You can do worse than go to Satisfaction. I even liked the pizza when I was there in November.

jmck214
01-23-2015, 07:29 PM

I actually live in Providence and I doubt you will find any Duke fans watching the game. As another poster said there would be better options in Boston but if you stay in Providence the best places to watch the game would probably be Hanleys Ale House downtown, or Snookers or Ladder 133 if you wanted to drive just outside of downtown.