PDA

View Full Version : Krzyzewskiville: The Alumni of Tent One

dukebsbll14
01-19-2015, 11:40 PM
This post is directed towards Duke alumni who participated in K-ville since tenting began and any former line monitors.

I'm looking to connect with former tent captains and members of the first group in line, or Tent One, for the UNC game from past years. We know who all of the tent captains are going back to the 2006-2007 season, but from there the line goes cold. I've been discussing this with a friend and we thought it would be a really cool thing to do. K-ville has certainly evolved over the time that it has existed so this would be an excellent opportunity to connect and share stories from our time in K-ville and at Duke!

Feel free to either comment here or send me a private message. Thanks, DBR!

Lord Ash
01-20-2015, 08:23 AM
Tent #1 for the Gaudet year/Capel shot. A really interesting year to be in tent #1!:) I believe Heath was responsible for the tent. I watched that game recently and there I was, standing with a few of my buddies right behind Greg Newtons head in one shot, clear as day.

I actually broke my finger that morning, tossing a football around in back of Cameron. I ran across campus to the hospital and ended up waiting for HOURS. I finally told them "Come on, I am tent one and I've got to go!" and they then rushed me through. I ran back splint in place, and got in line in time.

Mike Corey
01-20-2015, 08:57 AM
(If memory serves) I was in tent #1 in winter 2002 and winter 2003, but our captain was Pasha Majdi. He's the one you'd want to speak with. PM me and I'll get you his email address.

Edited to add: We may have been tent 1 for the Maryland game rather than the UNC game; I honestly can't remember if we were tent 1 or 2 and if it varied. (For shame.)

throatybeard
01-20-2015, 09:15 AM
I'm Class of Wojo, but I can't remember who was Tent 1 that year. How-evah, I'm pretty sure msdukie was in Tent 1 in 1997. You could PM him. Or Facebook-stalk him off my page if you know his real name.

blazindw
01-20-2015, 09:26 AM
(If memory serves) I was in tent #1 in winter 2002 and winter 2003, but our captain was Pasha Majdi. He's the one you'd want to speak with. PM me and I'll get you his email address.

Edited to add: We may have been tent 1 for the Maryland game rather than the UNC game; I honestly can't remember if we were tent 1 or 2 and if it varied. (For shame.)

You guys were definitely 1 for UNC those 2 years. Pasha's tent was Tent 2 in 2004 (you had moved on to the sports editor desk).

throatybeard
01-20-2015, 09:34 AM
You guys were definitely 1 for UNC those 2 years. Pasha's tent was Tent 2 in 2004 (you had moved on to the sports editor desk).

I'm used to being old. Now y'all are.

Next thing I know, my kid is going to be in whatever Mizzou's equivalent of tent one is, because there's no way we're affording the Old Rockpile.