PDA

View Full Version : A Little Help for JJ

Devil Inside
01-18-2015, 10:41 AM
I've been a Duke fan since my oldest sister started at Duke the same year I started first grade. I'm not saying how long ago that was, but the names Heyman, Mullins, Buckley, Tyson, Schmidt, Herbster, Ferguson, et al, are some of the first names I recall. I've also been a fan and follower of this board for many years. In fact, it was my main "goto" during the several years I lived and woked in Asia, probably reaching a peak the night of the 2010 NCAA semi-final game when I watched the game in the Tokyo airport on one computer and followed the in-game thread on another. Fortunately, I made it back home in time to watch the Blue Devils cut down the nets in the finals. While I have had the urge to post here in the past, my insecutities and fear that Kedsey would eviscerate my mere opinion with real facts has kept me on the sidelinesto this point. But now I have a cause that I think we all can agree with.
Of all the players I've watched over the years, by far my favorite is JJ Redick. Perhaps it's because our shooting technique was so similar, with the small exception that his is a thing of perfection and mine was a brick mason's wet dream. Anyway, I think it has been a travesty that JJ has been excluded from the NBA's 3 point contest during his entire career. Maybe not a travesty in the grand scheme of life, but at least a 7 on the Ole Roy Scale of Natural Disasters and Human Suffering. So, here is maybe a small chance for us to help get JJ into this years contest. I came across a web site this morning that basically is a recap of the 2015 NBA all-star events. Within the site is a poll where you can select who you would like to see in the competition.

http://www.nba-allstar.com/contests/3point/

While it is not an official NBA site (I thought it was at first), it certainly wouldn't hurt for us to go in and stuff the balot box in JJ's favor. So let's all do our little part and help give JJ the opportunity that he so richly deserves!

weezie
01-18-2015, 10:44 AM
I'm in.

Vote often! Would love to see JJ's smooth shot again.

gotoguy
01-18-2015, 10:58 AM
I'm in.

Vote often! Would love to see JJ's smooth shot again.

As a Hawks fan I also voted for Kyle Korver.

DukeDiva
01-18-2015, 11:32 AM
Voted for JJ, as he was one of my favorite Devils. I still have his jersey hanging in my closet.

Acymetric
01-18-2015, 03:43 PM
Mike Dunleavy is up for it to, you can pick 4 so vote for both (and only vote for those two so as to avoid giving anyone else a boost)!

Grey Devil
01-18-2015, 09:07 PM
I voted for both (and only) Dunleavy and Redick.

But are you sure that is an official NBA site? It didn't look too polished to me; certainly not as polished as I would have expected for an official NBA web page. For example, there was a huge gap, with nothing but blank space, between Ryan Anderson and Marco Belinelli. So much so that I had to scroll down to see the rest of the list!

I just want to make sure we're voting at the official NBA site.

Grey Devil

Dr. Rosenrosen
01-18-2015, 09:48 PM
How can that site be real? Nowhere on any official NBA site does it mention voting for 3pt contestants. Maybe it's just me but I sure am wary of clicking links on strange websites...

NBA-AllStar.com
01-19-2015, 10:30 AM
I voted for both (and only) Dunleavy and Redick.

But are you sure that is an official NBA site? It didn't look too polished to me; certainly not as polished as I would have expected for an official NBA web page. For example, there was a huge gap, with nothing but blank space, between Ryan Anderson and Marco Belinelli. So much so that I had to scroll down to see the rest of the list!

I just want to make sure we're voting at the official NBA site.

Grey Devil

How can that site be real? Nowhere on any official NBA site does it mention voting for 3pt contestants. Maybe it's just me but I sure am wary of clicking links on strange websites...

Hi Blue Devils fans!

I'm the owner of that website, just a basketball fan like you, who enjoyed watching JJ Redick (specially in the 05-06 season).

As 'Devil Inside' stated on the first message nba-allstar.com is not an official site by any means. You can see the disclaimer at the bottom of every page and also with my awful programmer skills anybody familiar with NBA.com should distinguish that is not the same website :D

I've just updated the poll with "[UNOFFICIAL POLL]" before the question. It's not my intention to trick my site visitors.

Best regards from Spain and good luck to JJ,

Jose.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
01-19-2015, 11:31 AM
Does JJ even want to be in the 3 point contest? I would think if he wanted in all he has to do is put the word out and the NBA would do the rest.

sagegrouse
01-19-2015, 11:58 AM
Hi Blue Devils fans!

I'm the owner of that website, just a basketball fan like you, who enjoyed watching JJ Redick (specially in the 05-06 season).

As 'Devil Inside' stated on the first message nba-allstar.com is not an official site by any means. You can see the disclaimer at the bottom of every page and also with my awful programmer skills anybody familiar with NBA.com should distinguish that is not the same website :D

I've just updated the poll with "[UNOFFICIAL POLL]" before the question. It's not my intention to trick my site visitors.

Best regards from Spain and good luck to JJ,

Jose.

Whew!!! Good news! I was about to have my computer fumigated for suspected viruses.