PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky 70, TAMU 64 (2OT)

hurleyfor3
01-10-2015, 03:56 PM
We were all watching it; discuss here.

fisheyes
01-10-2015, 03:57 PM
Both teams deserved to lose.
Both tried.
A&M tried harder.

uh_no
01-10-2015, 03:58 PM

kentucky's offense simply isn't very good. they could get away with it in cupcake season, but are having much more trouble against real teams. Good defense only goes so far....but by my watch that can be beaten too with some good shot fakes....they foul a lot anyway

hurleyfor3
01-10-2015, 03:58 PM
I was impressed with Kentucky's free throw defense. I think.

DukieInKansas
01-10-2015, 03:59 PM
Just watched the score of the game. This is just a really annoying outcome. Of course, I'm a bit biased toward A&M since around half my graduating class went there.

YmoBeThere
01-10-2015, 04:06 PM

Saw the halftime score, was more interested in IU beating OSU. Didn't watch it at all but not surprised by the outcome. You give them too much time, as lousy as they are on offense, they will wear you down.

Bluegrassdevil1
01-10-2015, 04:11 PM
I wanted no part of Coach K potentially going for win 1000 in the Yum, with U of L coming off a loss, and Duke being number one.

No thanks.

No way.

I hope UK wins in OT for the entirety of the regular season, because I firmly and undeniably believe that the longer UK continues to win, the more likely that the team does not finish with a victory in April.

Duke hovering as 1A, or better yet, number two all year is perfectly fine with me.

Karl Beem
01-10-2015, 04:14 PM
TAMU without their best player, shoots 33%,13% and 53%, missing 14 FTs, and has a shot to win it at the end of OT. I can't imagine a poorer performance for a #1 team!

YmoBeThere
01-10-2015, 04:15 PM
Saw the halftime score, was more interested in IU beating OSU. Didn't watch it at all but not surprised by the outcome. You give them too much time, as lousy as they are on offense, they will wear you down.

And now Kerolina beats the 'ville. I guess this means Baltimore and the Panthers will win tonight?

gurufrisbee
01-10-2015, 04:28 PM
Buffalo. Providence. Columbia. Mississippi. Texas A&M.

For 185 out of 215 minutes against those five Kentucky played to an absolute tie with them.

Five, unranked teams. Five teams with ZERO NBA prospects. Four of the five games in Lexington.

Can we please nationally and in the media and especially in wildly delusional Big Blew Nation stop pretending this is some super team that is a lock to win the national title and worthy of discussing the possibility of running the table?

Thank you.

weezie
01-10-2015, 06:25 PM
I continue to be very not fond of the twins.

lotusland
01-10-2015, 06:49 PM
Buffalo. Providence. Columbia. Mississippi. Texas A&M.

For 185 out of 215 minutes against those five Kentucky played to an absolute tie with them.

Five, unranked teams. Five teams with ZERO NBA prospects. Four of the five games in Lexington.

Can we please nationally and in the media and especially in wildly delusional Big Blew Nation stop pretending this is some super team that is a lock to win the national title and worthy of discussing the possibility of running the table?

Thank you.

Hard to imagine UK going undefeated even in the SEC the way they are playing. Of course we sort of saw this from them last in the regular season. Hopefully they don't turn the corner but, if they do, winning a couple of double OT games ugly will only give them more confidence down the road.

Karl Beem
01-10-2015, 08:18 PM
Hard to imagine UK going undefeated even in the SEC the way they are playing. Of course we sort of saw this from them last in the regular season. Hopefully they don't turn the corner but, if they do, winning a couple of double OT games ugly will only give them more confidence down the road.

I suspect that over confidence is their main problem.

OldPhiKap
01-10-2015, 08:20 PM
FSU football did the same thing this year, until they got to the pressure game. Just sayin'

sagegrouse
01-10-2015, 09:20 PM
I suspect that over confidence is their main problem.

Are "Over" and "Confidence" the nicknames of the Harrison twins?

duketaylor
01-10-2015, 10:00 PM
Let UK win all their games til the last week of the Dance (seriously doubt it)-I'm fine with that. They're not worthy of winning everything and maybe nothing. Very unimpressed with them as a team. As individual athletes, yes, but not as a cohesive group working together. UVA is much closer to that and I think our Devils are very close, but not there just yet. Wisconsin's gonna be a force. Plenty of good teams out there. Louisville as well.

_Gary
01-10-2015, 10:30 PM
I hope UK wins in OT for the entirety of the regular season, because I firmly and undeniably believe that the longer UK continues to win, the more likely that the team does not finish with a victory in April.

Duke hovering as 1A, or better yet, number two all year is perfectly fine with me.

This! In spades!!!

kAzE
01-11-2015, 12:21 AM
Um... Wow, calm down guys. It's still a team full of underclassmen (but I agree the Harrisons are pretty bad) Look, this is a team that has a good number of guys who went all the way to the title game less than a calendar year ago and lost a junior starter for the season. I hope they get knocked out in the tourney too, but this is overreacting a tad. We could have easily blown that wake forest game and people would be chanting overrated about us as well. Fact is, we've seen UK at their best, and defensively, it doesn't get much better than them. Their offense will develop. I'm still far from counting them out. Games like this only help them... I was really hoping they'd just coast all the way to the postseason and tune out their coaches, thinking they are unstoppable. Now, they might actually listen.

jv001
01-11-2015, 06:52 AM
Are "Over" and "Confidence" the nicknames of the Harrison twins?

They were this bad last year leading up to the NCAAT but they all of sudden got hot and that's pretty much how the Wildcats won the championship. Let's hope it's a year long thing this season through the NCAAT. GoDuke!

Duke3517
01-11-2015, 06:57 AM
This reinforcement system that they have can certainly work for their interior players but it won't work on their perimeter players. The Harrison twins need to be playing 30+ minutes a game (unless they are up by a wide margin)

Bob Green
01-11-2015, 07:26 AM
The Harrison twins need to be playing 30+ minutes a game (unless they are up by a wide margin)

The twins shot a combined 6-30 from the field yesterday so I believe an argument could be made they should play less minutes per game.

MChambers
01-11-2015, 07:58 AM
The twins shot a combined 6-30 from the field yesterday so I believe an argument could be made they should play less minutes per game.
If Kentucky plays Duke, I definitely think the twins should play at least 30 minutes each.;)

NashvilleDevil
01-11-2015, 08:18 AM
They were this bad last year leading up to the NCAAT but they all of sudden got hot and that's pretty much how the Wildcats won the championship. Let's hope it's a year long thing this season through the NCAAT. GoDuke!

Let's not confuse getting hot and one of the Harrison's hitting several last second shots during their run last year.

roywhite
01-11-2015, 08:42 AM

YTD stats:
Aaron Harrison 35.5% FG 28.4% 3-pt
Andrew Harrison 34.4% FG 34.3% 3-pt

each has slightly better than a 2:1 assist/turnover ratio

Tyler Ulis 45.6% FG 44.8% 3-pt
turnover/assist ratio of almost 4:1

arnie
01-11-2015, 09:54 AM

Am I reading this wrong or did UCONN forfeit their NCAA title last year?

OldPhiKap
01-11-2015, 12:28 PM
Am I reading this wrong or did UCONN forfeit their NCAA title last year?

Kentucky is SO good this year, they went ahead and Helmsed last year's trophy to them.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
01-11-2015, 12:35 PM
I dont know I would be fine with them losing some games, as I expect Duke to lose some. Lets not forget that we are competing with them and a small handful of other teams for number one seeds. And I think a number one seed will be more important than usual this season.

Kedsy
01-11-2015, 01:12 PM
I dont know I would be fine with them losing some games, as I expect Duke to lose some. Lets not forget that we are competing with them and a small handful of other teams for number one seeds. And I think a number one seed will be more important than usual this season.

I'll be shocked if UK loses enough games to drop off the #1 seed line. So while I agree with you that it's important for Duke to earn a #1 seed as well, I don't expect Kentucky's wins and losses to affect Duke's seeding at all (though it's possible Duke can compete with UK for the overall #1 seed).

Duke3517
01-11-2015, 02:47 PM

Okay, so they played a bad game? Trust me when I say they have the talent that the back up guards for Kentucky don't have.

uh_no
01-11-2015, 03:59 PM

welp...now we know who to blame :D

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
01-11-2015, 04:50 PM
Can we stop making fun of UK's OT wins now?