PDA

View Full Version : DBR Podcast Question of the Week - Irrational Hatred

JasonEvans
01-06-2015, 09:06 AM
So, what we are wondering this week is... which team do you just hate for no good reason. Don't bother to include Carolina unless you have some great, clever story about why you hate Carolina. We want to know what team there is out there that really makes your skin crawl and why. I expect we will see a lot of folks cite UConn (1999 and 2004) and Kentucky (dislike for Cal). Again, what we really want to see is the reason why you root against this particular team.

Thanks! Looking forward to your answers...

-Jason, Sam (Dev11), and Donald (BlazinDW)

Henderson
01-06-2015, 09:53 AM
I dislike everything about John Calipari so much that, although Kentucky gets the nod here, I hate California, UCLA, Cal State Northridge, all the UC and Cal State teams, plus any other basketball programs with the letters c-a-l in sequence. Heck, I even dislike South Carolina when it's pronounced "South Calina."

Shame really, because (despite all the issues) I'd long had a certain respect for Kentucky, its university, and its basketball program. But once you sell your soul to the devil, you stink like sulphur for a long long time.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
01-06-2015, 10:33 AM
I hate any team who beats us, allow me to expand upon this. Teams that are garbage year in and year out that are unranked and then that one special year they have some really good seniors and have talent and can compete with Duke. Well every other year no one gives a crap, but this year all the fans show up all of them are all experts on college hoops all of a sudden. Miami a few years back is the classic example. They creamed us in Miami, it was their big game of that year and the fans rightfully so went nuts. It just comes off as phony to me, and I hate it with a passion.

nocilla
01-06-2015, 10:38 AM
I kinda hate any team that loses to UNC... I mean especially when they have them on the ropes and let UNC sneak away with a win. ND almost made the list last night. A 6-10 point lead for most of the 2nd half and perfect from the free throw line. Then in the last 4 minutes they have what seems like 3 straight turnovers and go 0-4 from the line. :p

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
01-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Maryland.

For their fixation on Duke and the calls, for their horrible, horrible fans, for Sweaty Gary.

I imagine I feel the same way about Vasquez and Juan Dixon the way that fans of other teams felt about Wojo, Hurley, and Reddick.

Mostly it's their fan behavior that makes me incensed. From the Gone in 60 Seconds game that sent Boozers to the hospital to the treatment of JJ's sister... just deplorable.

So, I just rationalized my irrational hatred. I guess I don't belong in this thread?

I was less disturbed by their departure from the ACC than I would have been with any other charter member's vacancy.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
01-06-2015, 12:08 PM
How about Virginia Tech when Seth's daughter was a cheerleader and they beat us and they were all crying like they won the championship!!!! Oh and then Va Tech went to the NIT because their schedule was awful and the commitee realized that just because you get up for Duke doesn't automatically make you eligible for the big dance. That was my favorite tournament snub of all time, I don't remember the year but it was a classic snubbing. bwahahahahahaha

Bob Green
01-06-2015, 12:14 PM
Georgetown. The early to mid 80s Hoyas were very hateable and I never have gotten past that hatred. My hatred of Georgetown drove me to despise the entire Big East Conference for years. Definitely irrational, but passionate!

jv001
01-06-2015, 12:23 PM
Guys, you sure made it hard on me to choose a team that I hate with irrational hatred. Maryland comes to mind, but I don't hate the players, just the fans. I even sort of liked Sweaty Williams and Juan Dixon(a good player) that I did not dislike. So, I guess I'll go with UConn because of Calhoun and his band of convicts. Plus the championship game they stole from Duke. They are right up there with the uncheaters. GoDuke!

Dev11
01-06-2015, 12:25 PM
The most interesting answers get shout-outs this week on the podcast. Get creative, people.

Tom B.
01-06-2015, 12:36 PM
How about Virginia Tech when Seth's daughter was a cheerleader and they beat us and they were all crying like they won the championship!!!! Oh and then Va Tech went to the NIT because their schedule was awful and the commitee realized that just because you get up for Duke doesn't automatically make you eligible for the big dance. That was my favorite tournament snub of all time, I don't remember the year but it was a classic snubbing. bwahahahahahaha

It's happened more than once. Virginia Tech beat us in 2005 and 2011, and got snubbed both times. But that's not my favorite snub.

My favorite snub was Maryland in 2005. They beat us twice that season, but still weren't invited to the Tournament. That Maryland team had chemistry issues and lost several other games they should've won. The only time they could get it together was against Duke.

Duvall
01-06-2015, 12:40 PM
Can't really participate in this thread - my reasons for hating dozens of teams and fanbases are entirely rational.

JasonEvans
01-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Can't really participate in this thread - my reasons for hating dozens of teams and fanbases are entirely rational.

If the story is good, we'll take a rational answer ;)

OldPhiKap
01-06-2015, 01:42 PM
Louisville. If you were on the Quad in 1986, you understand.

!#$!#@ Never Nervous Pervis.

JasonEvans
01-06-2015, 01:50 PM
Louisville. If you were on the Quad in 1986, you understand.

!#$!#@ Never Nervous Pervis.

I was there and you stole my answer.

Never
Forget!

-Jason "@#!^!^@^ airball... you caught a #!^!^!#^!#^ airball!!" Evans

rasputin
01-06-2015, 03:17 PM
Kansas. Primarily because, living in St. Louis, before more options became available, our local CBS affiliate would ALWAYS show the damn Kansas NCAA tourney game in our market, even if it was a 2 vs. 15 or 1 vs. 16. (And yes, I remember the Jayhawks' near-loss as a # 1 to Holy Cross; I was there.)

slower
01-06-2015, 03:20 PM
Wisconsin. For Bo Ryan-face. Can't stand looking at the guy.

AncientPsychicT
01-06-2015, 03:25 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I hate UConn more than I hate UNC.

mattman91
01-06-2015, 03:43 PM
i've said it before, and i'll say it again. I hate uconn more than i hate unc.

blasphemy!

DukeDevil
01-06-2015, 03:46 PM
Maryland, but it's not irrational. I always disliked them. From the water bottle incident to them going after JJ's sister...but it became even more personal when my brother and nephew went to a game at Comcast to watch Duke play them, and the fans cursed and yelled at them as they were walking around at halftime. How do you yell "F YOU" to a 7 year old kid who's keeping to himself and is just excited to watch college ball? I swear I think their fanbase collectively has frontotemporal dementia. I was so happy to hear they were leaving. I never ever want them to get to play us in any kind of game again if we can help it, but if we have to, I hope every one of our players drops 20 on them, even the managers, no stall ball, just keep running up the score to the very last second and set new Duke scoring records so that all the ESPN top 10 plays for that evening involve Duke players shooting over/dunking on/breaking ankles of Maryland players. What is good in life? To crush Maryland. To see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women, which are surely high pitched, whiny, and likely sweaty as hell.

Suck it Maryland.

That is all.

FerryFor50
01-06-2015, 04:01 PM
Wichita St.

Why? It's irrational - I'm getting a little tired of the [insert up and coming mid-major team here].

These teams rarely play anyone during the regular season outside of their piddling conference schedule. They go undefeated (or close to it), get a lofty ranking and favorable seed in the NCAAs and then flame out. Granted, WSU ran into the Kentucky buzzsaw last year, but still...

And it doesn't start as hate - it starts as love for the underdog. It's always more lust than love, though.

It doesn't just end with Wichita St. Through the years, I've also broken up with Gonzaga, St. Joe's, Valpo, VCU.

Maybe I just hate sustained success by anyone other than Duke.

DukeDevil
01-06-2015, 04:05 PM
I hate any team who beats us, allow me to expand upon this. Teams that are garbage year in and year out that are unranked and then that one special year they have some really good seniors and have talent and can compete with Duke. Well every other year no one gives a crap, but this year all the fans show up all of them are all experts on college hoops all of a sudden. Miami a few years back is the classic example. They creamed us in Miami, it was their big game of that year and the fans rightfully so went nuts. It just comes off as phony to me, and I hate it with a passion.

YES. This KILLS me. Some garbage team that plays with no effort or focus suddenly decides they can hit every shot and drive like superstars and defend like beasts for ONE game. It just absolutely kills me. I honestly feel like Duke should get a bump in the strength of schedule just because every team we play plays well above their supposed rank/ability for that one game.

Highlander
01-06-2015, 04:27 PM
Pittsburgh and Kansas - They were supposed to be awesome, yet always found a way to flame out early and ruin my bracket.

Louisville - 1986

Syracuse - Last year they won so many games they should have lost. Then JB lost his jacket and went berserk over a 50/50 call like a little baby. Then this year they had Michigan on the ropes and choked the game away with not one, but two turnovers in the last minute, costing the conference a game in the challenge.

Kentucky - mostly b/c they act like they are god's gift to basketball. Yeah we beat them in 92, but they've won many others and act like that one was stolen.

UConn - 2004 FF loss stings like crazy. Officials called a horribly inconsistent game and ruined an incredibly gutty performance by Duke with meaningless foul calls.

jacone21
01-06-2015, 04:42 PM
You know who I hate? The Stilson Rattlers! That's who! On a Saturday afternoon in 1979, they made the eight mile (Eight miles! Coincidence? I don't think so!) trip from Stilson, GA to Brooklet, GA to face us, the Brooklet Jackets, in a league championship battle of 7th graders at the Southeast Bulloch High School gym. The Rattlers were led by 6'4" 12 year old, Jerry Pryor (who would go on to play for Cliff Ellis at Clemson), and 6' 0" sharpshooter, James Sneed, Jr. I was a 4'10" point guard for the Jackets. We were expected to get stomped that day, or snake bit as it were, and the mood was grim and subdued as we warmed up in the old gym.

We all knew the Stilson game plan. We had seen it before. Big Jerry would simply stand on the block, while red-headed, bespectacled runt, David Alderman would lob up passes to him. Jerry would then turn and shoot the layup or pass out to Sneed for the easy jumper. It was virtually unstoppable really.

But that day, something special happened. Norman Lemons aka Norman Howard, our 5'11" center (who would go on to a life of crime and numerous stays in the Georgia State prison system) played a transcendent game. He bodied up big Jerry and defended well. He rebounded with authority! He drove the lane at will and scored regularly. Along with double teams against Sneed, and some timely outside shots from yours truly, Norman's play was enough to gives us a slim 4 pt lead with only a couple of minutes to play.

And then the proverbial wheels fell off. My beloved best friend and teammate, Richard Rudolph (he swears he's named after Valentino... not the red-nosed reindeer, but I'm skeptical) Knight first missed a break away layup, and then proceeded to commit back to back turnovers, allowing the no good Rattlers to score the last 6 points of the game. We had them beaten! I can still see skinny little Richie in his too-big jersey, wide open, all alone, missing the layup that would have put us up by 6 with under two minutes to play. Alas! Norman's heroics weren't enough in the end.

I did play high school ball with Jerry and Sneed. We became great friends and were pretty darn good on the court too! Now our old gyms are gone and replaced, and Jerry and I are pushing 50. But every time I drive by Stilson Elementary school and see the marquis, well, I get a little annoyed. We had them! Why, Richie? Why?

brevity
01-06-2015, 04:58 PM
The most interesting answers get shout-outs this week on the podcast. Get creative, people.

I thought this thread was going to bomb, because most of DBR can't think beyond the usual (rational) suspects, but there have a few gems in the responses. I was amused by the irrational hatred toward upstart mid-majors, and teams that play out of their minds against Duke.

Can't help with this one. I have a lot of hatred, some of it irrational, but none of it applies to college basketball.

(Note to podcasters: you should commandeer that separate thread about the greatest game in Cameron (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?34891) for next week.)

Henderson
01-06-2015, 05:01 PM
Wichita St.

Why? I'ts irrational.

We need more of that.

OldPhiKap
01-06-2015, 05:13 PM
We need more of that.

I hate the New York Islanders. Just because they beat that team from Mystery, Alaska.

DukieInKansas
01-06-2015, 05:45 PM
Dallas Cowboys. They gave themselves the nickname of "America's Team". I lived in Houston for a while and there seemed to be more Cowboy fans than Oilers fans in town - this lead to Carl Mauck (center for the Oilers) going on the news and telling all the Cowboys fans to get the heck out of Houston and go back where they belong. I'm a Steeler fan - and the Steelers won 4 Super Bowls 2 before and 2 immediately after the Cowboys decided they were America's Team. (Of course, Art Rooney didn't want the Steelers to be America's Team because they were Pittsburgh's Team. Class Act, that Mr. Rooney.)

dukelifer
01-06-2015, 10:14 PM
I have an irrational hate for St Johns. It began in 1978 when Duke went to MSG during the Xmas break ranked number 1 in the country. They lost the opening game to Ohio State after having a huge lead and then lost to St Johns the next night after blowing a big lead. I was bummed because Sports Illustrated had come to Duke and a bunch of us were in a staged crowd shot with the team in Cameron. It was going to be the cover and then after the losses- it never came out. Duke then drew St Johns in the NCAA tourney that year on what was known as Black Sunday - when Penn beat UNC and St Johns beat Duke again - both games in Raleigh. Those games plus the game in Cameron where Bootsie went Bootsie again and hit the game winner to break Duke's 64 game home winning streak against non conference opponents have only added to the hate. And just if you didn't hate them enough there was the inexplicable blowout game in 2011 where Duke lost 93-78 - which may have been the worst game I saw Duke play against an unranked opponent. Even though St Johns is not relevant in the bball world these days - I do not like that team.

gurufrisbee
01-06-2015, 10:48 PM
So. Much. Hatred.

Obviously I hate NC with every bit of my being.

And I really hate UConn (99 and 04 were total B.S. robberies of two more Duke national titles) and I really hate Kentucky (crazy arrogance for a program that is known for racism, point shaving, getting post season banned, and now running a program that has regard for education at all).

Throw in a good chunk of hatred for Michigan State (Izzo coaches every guy, every year to be a complete Tyler Hansborough-esque thug) and UCLA (Wooden was a great guy but time to realize all those titles were super easy to win in that set up). What possible hatred could there be left to have?

I have one more.

Providence.

You might think it goes back to just a simply loss to them in the 1997 tournament. It's much deeper than that, but that alone would be worth it. You have to remember where the program was. 95 we missed the tournament. 96 we lost in the first round as an 8 seed. We were a 2 seed in 97 - and the field was WIDE open. If we beat Providence, we likely end up playing Arizona (the 4 seed) to go to the final four. And Arizona ended up winning the national title this year! We matched up well and could have beaten them. Stupid Tar Heels were a 1 seed who made the Final Four - we split with them in two close games that year. We were every bit as good as anyone else that year and if stupid Shamwow Deity and Austin Croshere (who I still maintain was kicked out of the Backstreet Boys for steroid abuse) hadn't showed up out of nowhere then we have another Final Four and maybe another national title!

And even a little more experience and deep tournament run experience pays off the next year when we don't BARELY lose to Kentucky in the Elite Eight - and THEY went on to win the title. So now maybe stinking Providence has cost us BACK to BACK titles!

And then with that team having a little more experience and success, they don't fold in a world of Khalid El Amin and Ricky Moore running over us with never being called for dozens of clear offensive fouls and now we've won THREE titles in a row and we're the best dynasty in college hoops since UCLA. And craphead PROVIDENCE cost us!!!

(I'm not even kidding - I do believe this stuff, no matter how far fetched you think it is).

IN ADDITION TO THAT, I also hate Providence because:

* It was a really stupid TV show my wife used to make us watch and just made think each week how much I missed MASH.

* Rick Pitino

* They are in the constantly overrated Big East and even when they were like the 14th best team people kept pretending that it meant something to conference strength that they were there.

* Rick Barnes

* It's such an arrogant sounding name. It's like they are sticking up their noses at everyone and saying 'We're so dang special our name makes us sound like some angel pooped us into existence'

* And this year when they finally had a chance to finally do SOMETHING good they flat out BLEW it and did not knock the Terd Heels out in the first round like they should have.

Providence. Hate 'em.

Henderson
01-06-2015, 11:37 PM
I don't even care about the substance. That was brilliant.

hurleyfor3
01-07-2015, 12:06 AM
LSU. Because they're (1) a damn football school that (2) didn't deserve to beat Texas A&M and (3) beat us by hanging on JJ the whole game.

hurleyfor3
01-07-2015, 12:27 AM
Providence.

My great uncle (mom's dad's brother) was a president of PC. He had the Rhode Island license plate "PC" before vanity plates were a thing, although I'm not sure how he managed to own a car, vow of poverty and all. Anyway, I'm named after him. Not sure how that may sway your opinion.

jv001
01-07-2015, 07:51 AM
University of Rhode Island because of the color of their uniforms. Too close to being the same color of the uncheaters!! I hate that color. My tarheel friends tell me that God gave the color of the sky that ugly blue because he's a tarheel fan. I respond that yeh, but the closer you get to Heaven, the color changes to Royal Blue. GoDuke!

Billy Dat
01-07-2015, 09:58 AM
Providence.

You might think it goes back to just a simply loss to them in the 1997 tournament. It's much deeper than that, but that alone would be worth it. You have to remember where the program was. 95 we missed the tournament. 96 we lost in the first round as an 8 seed. We were a 2 seed in 97 - and the field was WIDE open. If we beat Providence, we likely end up playing Arizona (the 4 seed) to go to the final four. And Arizona ended up winning the national title this year! We matched up well and could have beaten them. Stupid Tar Heels were a 1 seed who made the Final Four - we split with them in two close games that year. We were every bit as good as anyone else that year and if stupid Shamwow Deity and Austin Croshere (who I still maintain was kicked out of the Backstreet Boys for steroid abuse) hadn't showed up out of nowhere then we have another Final Four and maybe another national title!

First off, epic rant. I loved it.

My only addition is that the brutal fact about that game was that while Shammgod and Croshere, and Jamel Thomas (older brother of Sebastian Telfair) all had good games, it was fairly unheralded forward Derrick Brown who absolutely crushed us with a 33 point, 10 rebound, 75% shooting afternoon playing 38 minutes. I kept screaming at the TV, "Who the [insert expletive] is this guy!?!?"

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 11:02 AM
First off, epic rant. I loved it.

My only addition is that the brutal fact about that game was that while Shammgod and Croshere, and Jamel Thomas (older brother of Sebastian Telfair) all had good games, it was fairly unheralded forward Derrick Brown who absolutely crushed us with a 33 point, 10 rebound, 75% shooting afternoon playing 38 minutes. I kept screaming at the TV, "Who the [insert expletive] is this guy!?!?"

The spirit of Bootsy Collins. He's been reincarnated into different players throughout the years for the sole purpose of tormenting Duke basketball.

Billy Dat
01-07-2015, 11:07 AM
The spirit of Bootsy Collins. He's been reincarnated into different players throughout the years for the sole purpose of tormenting Duke basketball.

And he plays a mean bass, too.

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 11:51 AM
And he plays a mean bass, too.

lol

Yea, I meant Bootsy Thornton.

Funky!

Tom B.
01-07-2015, 12:50 PM
Providence.

And even a little more experience and deep tournament run experience pays off the next year when we don't BARELY lose to Kentucky in the Elite Eight - and THEY went on to win the title. So now maybe stinking Providence has cost us BACK to BACK titles!

And then with that team having a little more experience and success, they don't fold in a world of Khalid El Amin and Ricky Moore running over us with never being called for dozens of clear offensive fouls and now we've won THREE titles in a row and we're the best dynasty in college hoops since UCLA. And craphead PROVIDENCE cost us!!!

(I'm not even kidding - I do believe this stuff, no matter how far fetched you think it is).

* It was a really stupid TV show my wife used to make us watch and just made think each week how much I missed MASH.

* Rick Pitino

* They are in the constantly overrated Big East and even when they were like the 14th best team people kept pretending that it meant something to conference strength that they were there.

* Rick Barnes

* It's such an arrogant sounding name. It's like they are sticking up their noses at everyone and saying 'We're so dang special our name makes us sound like some angel pooped us into existence'

* And this year when they finally had a chance to finally do SOMETHING good they flat out BLEW it and did not knock the Terd Heels out in the first round like they should have.

Providence. Hate 'em.

You left out Billy Donovan.

Otherwise, kudos on a tremendous rant. That's almost Rebecca Martinson-level good.

UrinalCake
01-07-2015, 01:02 PM

I hate VT because during one of the post-game press conferences, Seth Greenberg made a mocking reference to Greg Paulus being "tea-bagged." It's one thing for fans to say stuff like that, but when a head coach says it in a press conference then, well you kind of understand why their program is a bunch of thugs. Add to that Deron Washington stomping on Lee Melchionni, that other dude who was also on the football team who was constantly taking cheap shots and injuring people in both sports, Michael Vick, Michael Vick's brother who ran afoul of the law even MORE often, the list goes on. I never felt sorry for them for missing the tournament because they deserved it.

I'll throw in a vote for Georgetown too. In every interview I ever heard from John Thompson, he always played the race card, talking about his poor black players growing up in the ghetto. Seriously, give it a rest. Then of course you have the story of Grant Hill's recruiting visit with them, where they asked him to read a book because they assumed he was illiterate.

Mike Corey
01-07-2015, 01:18 PM
Providence.

http://www.picgifs.com/reaction-gifs/reaction-gifs/good-job-succes-nailed-it/good-job05.gif

ChillinDuke
01-07-2015, 01:21 PM
Maryland, but it's not irrational. I always disliked them. From the water bottle incident to them going after JJ's sister...but it became even more personal when my brother and nephew went to a game at Comcast to watch Duke play them, and the fans cursed and yelled at them as they were walking around at halftime. How do you yell "F YOU" to a 7 year old kid who's keeping to himself and is just excited to watch college ball? I swear I think their fanbase collectively has frontotemporal dementia. I was so happy to hear they were leaving. I never ever want them to get to play us in any kind of game again if we can help it, but if we have to, I hope every one of our players drops 20 on them, even the managers, no stall ball, just keep running up the score to the very last second and set new Duke scoring records so that all the ESPN top 10 plays for that evening involve Duke players shooting over/dunking on/breaking ankles of Maryland players. What is good in life? To crush Maryland. To see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women, which are surely high pitched, whiny, and likely sweaty as hell.

Suck it Maryland.

That is all.

If you read this post with slowly increasing speed, intensity/hatred, and blood pressure, it becomes one of my favorite posts in a long time.

- Chillin

devildeac
01-07-2015, 02:46 PM
lol

Yea, I meant Bootsy Thornton.

Funky!

Or did you mean Bootsy Thorton?;):rolleyes:

Henderson
01-07-2015, 05:19 PM
Hatred threads are a lot more fun than liking threads.

DukePA
01-07-2015, 05:48 PM
I grew up in Orange County as a Duke fan and took a ton crap from carolina fans. My hatred was a somewhat healthy hate for our rivals until it exploded after a unc win in Durham. Immediately after the game, Makhtar Ndiaye jumped on the press table and made a throat-slashing gesture. Disgusting.

-jk
01-07-2015, 06:12 PM
I grew up in Orange County as a Duke fan and took a ton crap from carolina fans. My hatred was a somewhat healthy hate for our rivals until it exploded after a unc win in Durham. Immediately after the game, Makhtar Ndiaye jumped on the press table and made a throat-slashing gesture. Disgusting.

Growing up in the Triangle definitely changes things...

-jk

DukeDevil
01-07-2015, 06:15 PM
Everyone who rushes the floor when they beat us. I mean, if I'm really honest with myself I get it, I probably would too if I were in their shoes...but it gets me right in the ol medula oblongata

Duvall
01-07-2015, 06:18 PM

Wasn't that in Greensboro? I think N'Diaye was 0-3 in Cameron, though I suppose he could have attended the 1996 game.

DukePA
01-07-2015, 08:01 PM
Wasn't that in Greensboro? I think N'Diaye was 0-3 in Cameron, though I suppose he could have attended the 1996 game.

I could have sworn it was in Cameron, but I could be wrong.

kmspeaks
01-07-2015, 09:47 PM
It's irrational because it has absolutely nothing to do with the basketball team or the school. I transferred to a small school about an hour south of Morgantown after my sophomore year of college. Three winters of trudging through an unplowed campus to get to softball practice at 5:30 am and I decided I despise everything about the whole state.

During the final four game in 2010 my mom came up to visit and we, along with my sister, were staying in a resort near school for Easter break. There was a power outage but they had a generator hooked up so people could watch the game in the bar. I gave my sister (who is a UVA fan) some Duke gear and after awhile we were the only two people in the place making any noise. That game is my all time favorite Duke basketball memory.

gurufrisbee
01-14-2015, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the mention. It was fun to have the right venue to get to let that all out.

Pretty much while you were recording that Sunday morning (still morning on the west coast here) I was actually checking into the ER having shortness of breath to what turned out to be a viral infection that attacked my heart. I got released yesterday and am home resting. It was a lot of fun to listen to your podcast today as part of my resting. Thanks for that!

jv001
01-14-2015, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the mention. It was fun to have the right venue to get to let that all out.

Pretty much while you were recording that Sunday morning (still morning on the west coast here) I was actually checking into the ER having shortness of breath to what turned out to be a viral infection that attacked my heart. I got released yesterday and am home resting. It was a lot of fun to listen to your podcast today as part of my resting. Thanks for that!

God bless and get well. Thought there for a minute you were going to say Duke's defense put you in the hospital, :cool:
GoDuke!

weezie
01-14-2015, 10:07 PM
I got released yesterday and am home resting.

Gee whiz, guru, take it easy! That sounds terrible! Glad you're on the mend.

BluDvlsN1
01-15-2015, 11:08 AM
USC

For all the same reasons that include unc, or any other institution that qualifies.
The hypocrisy of organizational policies that state purported values versus
in fact practice. Then attempting to bury the facts, when discovered.
Little semblance of a true student/athlete value system
Cheat on recruiting, athlete eligibility, win at all costs at the expense
of the student.
The athlete/ athletic program purely a "profit center" without consideration to the students future.
i.e. Jerry TarkanianESQUE !

brevity
01-15-2015, 11:21 AM
So. Much. Hatred...

I have one more.

Providence.

* Rick Pitino

* Rick Barnes

Providence. Hate 'em.

Look, I'm 99% confident that there is no cause and effect going on here, but 1% of me is wondering if this would have happened if you had called out, say, Eastern Michigan instead.

Ima Facultiwyfe
01-15-2015, 12:31 PM

If you recall, he also made very indecent body gestures right in Mickie Krzyzewski's face while on his personal "podium".
Love, Ima