PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Duke at Wake Forest (1/7/15 9 pm ESPN3) Pre-Game & In-Game Thread

Bob Green
01-05-2015, 05:09 AM
Duke travels to Winston-Salem on Wednesday for the first ACC road game of the season. Discuss it here.

OldPhiKap
01-05-2015, 07:26 AM
Wake played very well last night against Louisville, lots of energy. Joel was rocking. This will be a tough game, I don't care what it says on paper.

Defense needs to pick back up to pre-break levels.

jv001
01-05-2015, 07:32 AM
Duke needs to smack Wake in the face early and hard. Don't let the Deacs get to feeling good about themselves. Thomas is the leader for them and usually plays well against Duke. Getting it to Jah down low and getting Thomas into foul trouble is a pretty good plan. GoDuke!

Duvall
01-05-2015, 09:02 AM
The game is on Raycom, not just ESPN3.

throatybeard
01-05-2015, 09:20 AM
Joel was rocking.

I understand these words, but I've never seen them combined so.

If I may jump ahead, this means they played "Zombie Nation" eleven times rather than eight?

CDu
01-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Wake is an interesting team. They have some talented players in Miller-McIntyre and Devin Thomas, yet they have had some confoundingly bad losses this season: they lost by 30 at Arkansas and lost to Iona and Delaware State at home. They are a very young team at numerous spots, with Mitoglou, Wilbekin, Hudson, and McClinton all freshman playing between 15 and 25 mpg. But they have some experience too in juniors Thomas, Miller-McIntyre, Rountree, and Jones, and senior transfer Leonard.

It's certainly an interesting mix. Miller-McIntyre is a very athletic and talented combo guard who prefers to score but hasn't figured out how to do so consistently. Thomas should be familiar to Duke fans as he had a strong game against us in the Joel as a freshman (15 points, 6 rebounds 7-10 shooting). He is a talented player with good size and athleticism (though he's much smaller than Okafor) but has some composure issues at times. But he has rounded into one of the better bigs in the conference as a junior and could be a difficult matchup for us if he avoids foul trouble. Jones is a small and lightning-quick guard but is basically a non-factor on offense. And Rountree is a lanky, pogo-stick type of player who can block shots but again doesn't provide much offensively. Leonard is a transfer from Campbell who seems to be in the stretch 4 mold as he can hit the three at a decent clip. And that's it for the upperclassmen.

As for the freshman, it is an interesting mix. They have Scottie Wilbekin's little brother, who shoots the three REALLY well. They have a Greek stretch 4 who is 6'10" and likes to shoot 3s. And then they have a couple of wing forwards who don't seem to stand out at any one facet of the game right now.

It is another game that we should win easily on paper. But the Joel has given us problems in the past, and there are enough talented players who could jump up and bite us if we don't take them seriously. I expect a relatively comfortable win, though.

Bluegrassdevil1
01-05-2015, 09:49 AM
I understand these words, but I've never seen them combined so.

If I may jump ahead, this means they played "Zombie Nation" eleven times rather than eight?

I cannot think of WFU without hearing that stupid song. If Danny Manning does nothing else for that program, I hope he introduces something, ANYTHING, other than that flipping tune at every timeout.

gumbomoop
01-05-2015, 10:31 AM
The game is on Raycom, not just ESPN3.

Anyone feel free to correct me, but unfortunately Raycom is showing both Duke @ Wake and Clemson @ UL at 9, which means some in Raycom coverage area will see Duke game, some Clemson. My station will carry the Tigers.

roywhite
01-05-2015, 10:33 AM
Based on previous trips to Joel Coliseum, expect the whistle to blow early and often on Duke players, probably directed most at our young frontcourt players, Jahlil and Justise.

Daniel Ewing may get T'd up, just for old times sake.

jv001
01-05-2015, 10:43 AM
Based on previous trips to Joel Coliseum, expect the whistle to blow early and often on Duke players, probably directed most at our young frontcourt players, Jahlil and Justise.

Daniel Ewing may get T'd up, just for old times sake.

It has happened in the past at Lawrence Joel where the refs seem partial to Wake. Let's hope we don't get Karl Hess. GoDuke!

Kfanarmy
01-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Wake and Louisville looked pretty evenly matched. The difference, on paper, seems to have been three point shooting/defense as Louisville shot better than the young season would suggest they should have while Wake shot worse. The difference in D wasn't obvious (at least to me) during the game.

mgtr
01-05-2015, 11:33 AM
Anyone feel free to correct me, but unfortunately Raycom is showing both Duke @ Wake and Clemson @ UL at 9, which means some in Raycom coverage area will see Duke game, some Clemson. My station will carry the Tigers.

And, if I can believe the listings, in Central Florida Directv will carry no ACC game on Wednesday at 9 (neither locals nor RSNs). Very confusing, have always gotten in season ACC games before, including Raycom games. Perhaps as we get closer the Magic 8 ball will see things more clearly. Or, maybe, the local stations are punishing the ACC for FSU rolling over and playing dead against Oregon.

roywhite
01-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Wake and Louisville looked pretty evenly matched. The difference, on paper, seems to have been three point shooting/defense as Louisville shot better than the young season would suggest they should have while Wake shot worse. The difference in D wasn't obvious (at least to me) during the game.

Yeah, I was surprised to see Wake play the Cardinals so tough. Many years, Wake is MUCH better at home than on the road; we'll have to see if that trend continues during the Manning years.

Speaking of being on the road, the game @Wake starts one of the most difficult stretches on our schedule; of the 8 games remaining for January, 6 will be on the road. Very interesting to see where this Duke team will stand on February 1, or February 2, for those that appreciate Groundhog Day. ;)

Henderson
01-05-2015, 11:44 AM
Road game. ACC. Say no more.

sagegrouse
01-05-2015, 11:48 AM

Louisville's free throw defense was world class: Wake was only 17 for 32.

OldPhiKap
01-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Road game. ACC. Say no more.

. . . which is why neither Duke or UVa will finish the season undefeated.

But, that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger . . . .

MChambers
01-05-2015, 12:03 PM
As others have observed, Duke's free throw defense hasn't been very good this year.

Kfanarmy
01-05-2015, 01:55 PM

Wake's FTD was about on par as Louisville was 16 of 25 from the line.

Tripping William
01-05-2015, 05:53 PM
I'll be in attendance for this one, and will be keeping an eye out for:

(1) Junior Devin Thomas vs. Freshman Jahlil Okafor. This will be fascinating, although Jah may be more mature as a freshman than Thomas as a junior.

(2) How the Duke defense chooses to attack Cody Miller-McIntyre. Cutting off the head of the snake and all that. How healthy a dose of Matt Jones or Rasheed Sulaimon (or both) will K give him?

(3) The degree to which Duke's non-freshmen play with some sense of urgency/revenge after last year's debacle-of-a-loss in W-S.

(4) How much of a homecourt advantage the Deacs might actually get. It looks like a huge game on the schedule ("everybody's best shot" and all that), until one sees that it is a 9:00 p.m. tip, on a week night, in the first week of the New Year.

For an ACC road opener for these freshmen, this is about as favorable as it gets. Hoping for an entertaining Duke W!

Rickshaw
01-06-2015, 06:43 AM
I live just outside of Durham, ( Orange county ), and I get a SC team vs a Kentucky team? Thanks Raycom.

Dev11
01-06-2015, 08:30 AM
Duke needs to smack Wake in the face early and hard.

Just watch out for retaliation from Chris Paul.

gumbomoop
01-06-2015, 08:58 AM
I live just outside of Durham, ( Orange county ), and I get a SC team vs a Kentucky team? Thanks Raycom.

Now that is pretty hard to figure. I assume that somewhere in the state of North Carolina the Raycom folks are offering Duke-Wake. Posters out there who reside in NC - some of you getting Duke-Wake? Just curious.

Indoor66
01-06-2015, 09:02 AM
I can't find the game anywhere on Comcast Pompano Beach listings.

94duke
01-06-2015, 09:10 AM

Do you not get WRAL in Orange County?
http://www.wral.com/wral-tv/tv_schedule/

roywhite
01-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Do you not get WRAL in Orange County?
http://www.wral.com/wral-tv/tv_schedule/

Now that is pretty hard to figure. I assume that somewhere in the state of North Carolina the Raycom folks are offering Duke-Wake. Posters out there who reside in NC - some of you getting Duke-Wake? Just curious.

Yeah, we're covered in the Triad. It's not on the main network station WFMY - channel 2 which is showing Peoples Choice Awards, but the game is on Channel 48 WMYV (which may not have HD capability, but at least we get the game).

Neals384
01-06-2015, 12:33 PM
... Or, maybe, the local stations are punishing the ACC for FSU rolling over and playing dead against Oregon.

I missed the "rolling over" part.

Rickshaw
01-06-2015, 01:59 PM
Dish Network vs Capitol Broadcasting.................no channel 5.
Guess thats why it's not on Raycom in my area.......................no NC State game Sunday either.............long week.

wilko
01-06-2015, 02:13 PM
Danny Manning is too tall to properly Coach guards......

jacone21
01-06-2015, 02:57 PM
Bummer. We're getting Clemson/UL down here in football country. I hope espn3 isn't blacked out. If so... I'll cry like a Maryland fan in 2001!

Duvall
01-06-2015, 05:02 PM
Wednesday's affiliates listed. (http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-network-affiliates-duke-at-wake-forest-01-07-2015)

If you live in one of these cities, the game probably *won't* be on ESPN3, thread title notwithstanding.

Acymetric
01-06-2015, 05:46 PM
Dish Network vs Capitol Broadcasting.................no channel 5.
Guess thats why it's not on Raycom in my area.......................no NC State game Sunday either.............long week.

Get a digital antenna from Best Buy or similar, I would expect you could pick up channel 5 OTA that way (I live in Cary and that's what I use for TV). If you've got no reception where you are you can always just return it.

Eakane
01-06-2015, 06:47 PM
I still have a bad taste in my mouth about our trip to WF last March. That loss ended all realistic conversation about a one seed (which ultimately Duke did not deserve not only for that loss, but for the worst defense any of us have seen in the K-era). It probably cost us a two-seed, and in a different bracket with a different mindset, who knows?
I realize that this is an entirely different Duke squad, but a road win at a place where we have often struggled would be a significant achievement. Duke has passed every test so far this year, and they only get tougher from here.
In the words of Jesse the Body Ventura in Predator, "Payback time!"

awhom111
01-06-2015, 09:57 PM
Wednesday's affiliates listed. (http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-network-affiliates-duke-at-wake-forest-01-07-2015)

If you live in one of these cities, the game probably *won't* be on ESPN3, thread title notwithstanding.

I have all the details on this old thread:
http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?34871-TV-for-Wake-Forest-Game

throatybeard
01-06-2015, 11:32 PM
I've gotten to the point where if I have to spend more than three minutes figuring out if I get the game or not, I just stay at work and don't even bother. We'll be on TV some other time.

Olympic Fan
01-07-2015, 12:07 AM
I was watching WRAL's 11 p.m. news tonight (Tuesday) and they announced that Capital Broadcasting, which owns WRAL and Fox 50, just reached a settlement with dish TV tonight and would be returning to the dish lineup ... I think they said at 9 a.m. tomorrow.

I can't find a news item, even on the WRAL website. But I know I didn't imagine it.

If right, that means the local dish subscribers should get the Duke-Wake game.

BigWayne
01-07-2015, 03:08 AM
Luke DeCock article on the game..... http://www.newsobserver.com/2015/01/06/4454743/decock-first-acc-road-game-next.html

Rickshaw
01-07-2015, 06:17 AM
good idea..........thanks

just saw Olympic Fan post.............................awsome........... .thanks again guys

weezie
01-07-2015, 07:55 AM
I've gotten to the point where if I have to spend more than three minutes figuring out if I get the game or not, I just stay at work and don't even bother. We'll be on TV some other time.

Oh come on throaty, that is def not the spirit! Get back in there and fight for it!

flyingdutchdevil
01-07-2015, 08:30 AM
Luke DeCock article on the game..... http://www.newsobserver.com/2015/01/06/4454743/decock-first-acc-road-game-next.html

Nice article. I know Coach K, his staff, and Quinn Cook will have them ready. Quinn is having such a great year statistically, but his leadership has been unreal. IMO, he is our best leader since Scheyer and co.

For the remainder of the year, I will be happily sporting my #2 jersey.

devildeac
01-07-2015, 08:44 AM

Oh come on throaty, that is def not the spirit! Get back in there and fight for it!

Hey, leave the "old" grump alone. He's just not in the dadgum channel-surfing spirit:rolleyes:.

Indoor66
01-07-2015, 08:59 AM
Hey, leave the "old" grump alone. He's just not in the dadgum channel-surfing spirit:rolleyes:.

...And you darn well better stay off his lawn.:cool:

wilson
01-07-2015, 09:54 AM
I've gotten to the point where if I have to spend more than three minutes figuring out if I get the game or not, I just stay at work and don't even bother. We'll be on TV some other time.The ACC hasn't made it particularly easy to find out who is carrying what game either. Sometimes, there seems to be a designated format for publishing network affiliates on the conference website, while other times, it is totally inscrutable.
Of course, there's also the issue that this ridiculous hodgepodge of coverage makes the whole league look second-rate to begin with, but I suppose that's another discussion for another time.

mgtr
01-07-2015, 01:10 PM
The ACC hasn't made it particularly easy to find out who is carrying what game either. Sometimes, there seems to be a designated format for publishing network affiliates on the conference website, while other times, it is totally inscrutable.
Of course, there's also the issue that this ridiculous hodgepodge of coverage makes the whole league look second-rate to begin with, but I suppose that's another discussion for another time.

I could easily be wrong, but I think it has to do with Raycom. When this issue has been raised before, the old hands say that if not for Raycom, in the old days we couldn't have seen the conference tournament. Well, this is the "new days" now, and with satellite coverage everywhere, there is no excuse to fiddle around with any game coverage questions. If the SEC has their own network, along with the Big whatever and the PAC whatever, why not us? Perhaps a little conference leadership is needed. Or, maybe there is no easy solution, particularly with the conference shakeups.

wilson
01-07-2015, 01:21 PM
...with satellite coverage everywhere, there is no excuse to fiddle around with any game coverage questions. If the SEC has their own network, along with the Big whatever and the PAC whatever, why not us? Perhaps a little conference leadership is needed.I totally agree with this. And even if we're just going to be stuck with Raycom for the foreseeable future, they are doing an abysmal job of specifying where and how we can see each game.

roywhite
01-07-2015, 01:25 PM
I could easily be wrong, but I think it has to do with Raycom. When this issue has been raised before, the old hands say that if not for Raycom, in the old days we couldn't have seen the conference tournament. Well, this is the "new days" now, and with satellite coverage everywhere, there is no excuse to fiddle around with any game coverage questions. If the SEC has their own network, along with the Big whatever and the PAC whatever, why not us? Perhaps a little conference leadership is needed. Or, maybe there is no easy solution, particularly with the conference shakeups.

How times change. Yeah, the ACC television coverage used to be cutting edge.

Sail with the Pilot (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4gptzlIGow)

Kfanarmy
01-07-2015, 02:12 PM
I missed the "rolling over" part.

I agree, they didn't have that much movement....just played dead.

devildeac
01-07-2015, 02:58 PM
How times change. Yeah, the ACC television coverage used to be cutting edge.

Sail with the Pilot (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4gptzlIGow)

Favorite old sign from CIS:

Front of poster:

Pilot Life

Back of poster (when its bearer knew darn well the camera was focused on him/her):

Sucks

AIRFORCEDUKIE
01-07-2015, 03:20 PM
If I am looking at the tv schedule correctly I might not get any of the next 3 games here in Florida. I don't think I have ever had this problem before, I don't remember a single year when Ive been living in the United States where I had trouble watching a Duke game on TV. Hell, even when I was in Iraq and Afghanistan and on a permanent base I could find the games on AFN. Sure it would be like 3am and I wouldn't get much sleep, but who needs sleep when you have things exploding around you all the time. Hoops it is!! Color me thoroughly disappointed :(

Side Note: I will try my local sports bar see if they have espn full court, if not ill just get drunk and follow the game here. So be specific in the in game thread today my friends.

jv001
01-07-2015, 03:23 PM
If I am looking at the tv schedule correctly I might not get any of the next 3 games here in Florida. I don't think I have ever had this problem before, I don't remember a single year when Ive been living in the United States where I had trouble watching a Duke game on TV. Hell, even when I was in Iraq and Afghanistan and on a permanent base I could find the games on AFN. Sure it would be like 3am and I wouldn't get much sleep, but who needs sleep when you have things exploding around you all the time. Hoops it is!! Color me thoroughly disappointed :(

Side Note: I will try my local sports bar see if they have espn full court, if not ill just get drunk and follow the game here. So be specific in the in game thread today my friends.

We want you back on here, so please get a designated driver if you to the drunk route. GoDuke!

devildeac
01-07-2015, 03:38 PM
I wonder if Mr. Mit Shah will be in attendance to cheer for his beloved Deacs;):rolleyes:

And maybe heckle a particular POS ref...

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?34892-Stay-Classy-Karl-Hess

Tripping William
01-07-2015, 03:43 PM
I wonder if Mr. Mit Shah will be in attendance to cheer for his beloved Deacs;):rolleyes:

And maybe heckle a particular POS ref...

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?34892-Stay-Classy-Karl-Hess

Makes me wonder how many Twitter followers he has added in the last several days. But please don't tell me this means you have information (corroborated or otherwise) that Hess's crew is working tonight's game . . . . .

jacone21
01-07-2015, 03:52 PM

Not me! I'd watch it in one of Roy Williams' rental homes if that's what it took for me to see the Blue Devils!

ricks68
01-07-2015, 03:55 PM
O.K. I need a little help here. Since moving to Asheville, I have been getting screwed as far as getting Duke games on TV here. Raycom and Espn3 will not let me watch as I have only Direct TV. I can't get alternate cable where I am or Uverse, either. So I go to the ACC page and check out the ACC Network for this game. It shows that they have a live broadcast for what appears to be on the net, but I can't tell for sure. Can anyone out there advise me on this, as I would certainly be major po'd if the screen is blank at 9 o'clock tonight. Going out to a sports bar is not preferable, as it will be getting very cold tonight, and my road ices over sometimes. Oh, of course they are showing the Clemson game locally.:mad:

ricks

AIRFORCEDUKIE
01-07-2015, 03:57 PM
We want you back on here, so please get a designated driver if you to the drunk route. GoDuke!

Thanks for caring!!

Also after some research and phone calls the closest place to me with espn full court that will carry the game is a strip club!!! My night just got that much more interesting!

roywhite
01-07-2015, 04:28 PM
O.K. I need a little help here. Since moving to Asheville, I have been getting screwed as far as getting Duke games on TV here. Raycom and Espn3 will not let me watch as I have only Direct TV. I can't get alternate cable where I am or Uverse, either. So I go to the ACC page and check out the ACC Network for this game. It shows that they have a live broadcast for what appears to be on the net, but I can't tell for sure. Can anyone out there advise me on this, as I would certainly be major po'd if the screen is blank at 9 o'clock tonight. Going out to a sports bar is not preferable, as it will be getting very cold tonight, and my road ices over sometimes. Oh, of course they are showing the Clemson game locally.:mad:

ricks

ricks, check your DirecTV program guide to see if you get WMYT -- Fox 46 out of Charlotte?

WMYT schedule (http://www.wmyt12.com/category/284329/tv-schedule)

next choice would be the ACC streaming broadcast
third choice, as you note, would be a local sports bar (on a reaaallly cold night)

jacone21
01-07-2015, 04:32 PM
Thanks for caring!!

Also after some research and phone calls the closest place to me with espn full court that will carry the game is a strip club!!! My night just got that much more interesting!

Inspired by your post, and for fun, I texted my wifey the following. "So the game tonight won't be on locally because of the Clemson game. If the closest place I can watch it is a strip club, would that be an acceptable reason to go there?" I expected a text response sometime in the next half hour or so. But my office phone rang in less than 2 minutes! Her official answer was, "I can't stop you." I've been married long enough not to fall for that one! Let's just say, I'll be streaming the game tonight.

CBDUKE
01-07-2015, 04:57 PM
I live in the Richmond, Va area and can only get Clemson vs. UL. Yet in Charlottesville they will be getting the Duke game, huh???

devildeac
01-07-2015, 04:57 PM
Makes me wonder how many Twitter followers he has added in the last several days. But please don't tell me this means you have information (corroborated or otherwise) that Hess's crew is working tonight's game . . . . .

No information about the latter.

devildeac
01-07-2015, 05:01 PM
ricks, check your DirecTV program guide to see if you get WMYT -- Fox 46 out of Charlotte?

third choice, as you note, would be a local sports bar (on a reaaallly cold night)

Ricks? Sports bar? Microbrewed beers? Nah, couldn't happen;).

throatybeard
01-07-2015, 05:02 PM

Also, Dish keeps picking fights with half the cable channels. So there's that.

ricks68
01-07-2015, 05:25 PM

As you well know dd, I have accumulated a stockpile now of limited production local brews at home, so no need to go down the mountain in potentially single digit temperatures and ice if I can cozy up to the fire and imbibe here while watching. My wife would like that to change (the beer), however, as we're running out of room in the refrigerator for food. (And, no, she actually prefers eating at home after dark, so we need room for food to be kept in the refrigerator.:rolleyes:

ricks

mattman91
01-07-2015, 05:27 PM

I've witnessed it first hand!

mattman91
01-07-2015, 05:29 PM
As you well know dd, I have accumulated a stockpile now of limited production local brews at home, so no need to go down the mountain in potentially single digit temperatures and ice if I can cozy up to the fire and imbibe here while watching. My wife would like that to change (the beer), however, as we're running out of room in the refrigerator for food. (And, no, she actually prefers eating at home after dark, so we need room for food to be kept in the refrigerator.:rolleyes:

ricks

I hate it when my girlfriend fills my beer fridge with food too. Perhaps you and the wife can invest in a food fridge?

ricks68
01-07-2015, 05:42 PM

Hey, RW. Don't get WMYT, but I would go with the ACC stream IF it will appear on my screen. Unfortunately, I won't know that until it's time for the game to start.

It looks like I will be staying home, either way now, as it is snowing and icing up around here. (We have decided to open the Asheville Brewing Ninjabread Man Porter mini-growler tonight while watching--or listening to the game, so we will be thinking of you---and dd.):)

ricks

ricks68
01-07-2015, 05:47 PM
I hate it when my girlfriend fills my beer fridge with food too. Perhaps you and the wife can invest in a food fridge?

Well, we have one of those 32 sq. ft. ones, and the top section is getting pretty full now. You and Mtn Devil need to come over for some Cold Mountain during one of the future games I will be able to get on TV.:)

ricks

throatybeard
01-07-2015, 06:14 PM
The ACC hasn't made it particularly easy to find out who is carrying what game either. Sometimes, there seems to be a designated format for publishing network affiliates on the conference website, while other times, it is totally inscrutable.

Exactly. The B1G has a cable network. The SEC has a cable network. The burnt orange school that ran four research universities out of the Big XII has their own cable network. Why the ACC can't operationalize a real honest-to-God standalone network is beyond me.

hudlow
01-07-2015, 06:36 PM
Hey, RW. Don't get WMYT, but I would go with the ACC stream IF it will appear on my screen. Unfortunately, I won't know that until it's time for the game to start.

It looks like I will be staying home, either way now, as it is snowing and icing up around here. (We have decided to open the Asheville Brewing Ninjabread Man Porter mini-growler tonight while watching--or listening to the game, so we will be thinking of you---and dd.):)

ricks

I wish I had just one more Cold Mountain.....

devildeac
01-07-2015, 07:07 PM
I wish I had just one more Cold Mountain.....

There's always December, 2015. But, I digress. I guess I'll find out when I get home tonight what channel is broadcasting the game and who I'll be muting:rolleyes:.

I kinda like the 81-66 model from upthread, even if it is less than the final forecast margin of victory of 17 points that I saw from the Vegas lines this AM in the N&O.

NYBri
01-07-2015, 07:08 PM

I invested in a full sized beer fridge in the garage. Micros to my heart's content.

Having a Captain Lawrence IPA right now.

:-)

ChrisP
01-07-2015, 07:16 PM
I just downloaded the app for my Android phone. I have looked everywhere on the Raycom website and it appears that there is no way to simply stream the game online. Oh, but you can watch it for free on your tiny phone screen. Awesome :(

Anyway, there is apparently an Apple and a Droid version. I just searched in my "Play Store" for: ACC Mobile App and it came right up. Now, let's just hope this stupid thing works at 9pm!

ricks68
01-07-2015, 07:23 PM
I just downloaded the app for my Android phone. I have looked everywhere on the Raycom website and it appears that there is no way to simply stream the game online. Oh, but you can watch it for free on your tiny phone screen. Awesome :(

Anyway, there is apparently an Apple and a Droid version. I just searched in my "Play Store" for: ACC Mobile App and it came right up. Now, let's just hope this stupid thing works at 9pm!

Good luck with that. I was able to pull it up on my droid and it says the game is not going to be streamed. It said it was going to be about an hour or so ago on my PC, but now it says no on both my phone and PC! What is going on here?:mad::mad::mad:

(Oh how I wish we were not limited to our number of emoticons.)

ricks

roywhite
01-07-2015, 07:31 PM
Good luck with that. I was able to pull it up on my droid and it says the game is not going to be streamed. It said it was going to be about an hour or so ago on my PC, but now it says no on both my phone and PC! What is going on here?:mad::mad::mad:

(Oh how I wish we were not limited to our number of emoticons.)

ricks

As Bluto said to Flounder, "My advice to you is to start drinking heavily."

ricks68
01-07-2015, 07:38 PM

Does your screen say it is not going to be streamed?

ricks

ChrisP
01-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Does your screen say it is not going to be streamed?

ricks

Nope. Just checked it again a second ago and when I go to the game, it has a "play" button (the little right facing triangle deal for you kids old enough to know what a tape deck play button looks like) and the words, "Watch Live". I found all that under the "schedules" menu on my phone. I suppose I won't know for sure until 9pm but feel free to check back with me then if ya'll want.

OldPhiKap
01-07-2015, 07:59 PM
My screen says that Daniel Ewing just picked up a T.

Acymetric
01-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Exactly. The B1G has a cable network. The SEC has a cable network. The burnt orange school that ran four research universities out of the Big XII has their own cable network. Why the ACC can't operationalize a real honest-to-God standalone network is beyond me.

Supposedly because of an insane deal with Raycom that makes it difficult to provide the content to establish a network, right?

ricks68
01-07-2015, 08:27 PM
Supposedly because of an insane deal with Raycom that makes it difficult to provide the content to establish a network, right?

Why couldn't they have consulted will DBR posters to take care of all this? We would never have allowed this fiasco. There is more knowledge on this board than just about anywhere else other than TEDS. And I would bet the farm that some of our posters have been involved with that also.

ricks

riverside6
01-07-2015, 08:42 PM
Live tempo-based stats for Duke/Wake, starters posted

http://www.scacchoops.com/duke-at-wake-forest-basketball-live-stats-01072015

wandalee
01-07-2015, 08:52 PM
It seems that WRAL and DishNetwork have kissed and made up, so we can catch the game at home without having to venture out in the frigidness to watch at a local bar!

tbyers11
01-07-2015, 09:05 PM
This link should go to a live stream when the game starts

http://www.theacc.com/game-center/54497401e4b095a65406e042

It's working for me as of 9:05

-jk
01-07-2015, 09:08 PM
DBR Chat (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/misc.php?do=cchatbox) is open!

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

-jk

pfrduke
01-07-2015, 09:27 PM
No under 12:00 timeout, right? Pretty fun to have no whistles for a 4:00+ stretch of play (even if some of our own sloppy play contributed to that).

UrinalCake
01-07-2015, 09:29 PM
This link should go to a live stream when the game starts

http://www.theacc.com/game-center/54497401e4b095a65406e042

It's working for me as of 9:05

Working for me too. The acc's website is notoriously difficult to navigate, but once you find the game it works pretty well.

Karl Beem
01-07-2015, 09:30 PM
No more layups for Matt.

duketaylor
01-07-2015, 09:35 PM
Amile should've been whistled for 3 seconds there. Sucks having to watch it on the net.

Billy Dat
01-07-2015, 09:39 PM
We are not sharp, way too many turnovers, lack of ball movement, Devin Thomas playing well. Their offense stinks. If we take care of the ball we'll be ok.

Justise with 2 nice consecutive takes!

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 09:40 PM
I am really, really tired of seeing bigs flop on Jahlil. That last offensive foul was a pretty poor call.

Billy Dat
01-07-2015, 09:46 PM
Two consecutive airballed 3s. Pretty poor half all around. Welcome to conference road. Let's see how we do on this final possession....

_Gary
01-07-2015, 09:47 PM
I so badly want Matt to get on track offensively, and thought after the last game he might break through, but it appears that's just not the case yet. It's killing me to see him get layups blocked and threes air-balled. Not to mention it's leading to fast breaks on the other end. The kid is so solid defensively, but he's killing us on offense. Darn it!

arnie
01-07-2015, 09:51 PM
Two consecutive airballed 3s. Pretty poor half all around. Welcome to conference road. Let's see how we do on this final possession....

Thought we played our worst half and yet up 5. Says a lot a out our superior talent. Need to get back in sync 2nd half.

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 09:53 PM
I so badly want Matt to get on track offensively, and thought after the last game he might break through, but it appears that's just not the case yet. It's killing me to see him get layups blocked and threes air-balled. Not to mention it's leading to fast breaks on the other end. The kid is so solid defensively, but he's killing us on offense. Darn it!

He's not "killing us" on offense. Not when he's taken all of 3 shots this game. He's also got an assist and he's a solid rebounder in addition to his defense.

As I've mentioned before, when you have 3-4 other offensive options on the floor with you at the same time, you don't *need* to be a scorer. And don't forget - he had 8 points against BC.

His contributions are invaluable to the *team*. His offense is just a bonus when he's hitting shots.

77devil
01-07-2015, 09:54 PM

Yes it's unfortunate Matt has been so inconsistent offensively this season. There were many posters calling for Matt to start over Quinn at the beginning of the season. That was never going to happen. Thankfully Coach K is in charge

CDu
01-07-2015, 09:56 PM

Yeah he appears to have zero confidence right now. Everything offensively is hesitent. Hopefully he gets right because he is terrific defensively.

I concur with Billy Dat that we are just sloppy right now. If we decide to focus and play smart on offense, we should open this thing up a bit.

jtheall
We need to caaaalm it down. We're playing poor defense AND not taking care of the ball. There was a period during the 10:00 - 7:00 span where we gave up 6 points off 3 inexcusable turnovers.

Nice to see Justice continuing his hot streak and Rasheed stepping up in our first ACC road game though. We'll see what happens but I expect the upperclassmen to turn it up a notch in the second half.

_Gary
He's not "killing us" on offense.

I stand corrected for the use of hyperbole. He's not killing us. He's just killing me because I know he's better than he's showing offensively. He is invaluable (defensively), but he can't airball wide open threes and keep getting layups blocked that lead to easy fast break points the other way. This is now consecutive games where that's happened (layup blocked leading to fastbreak).

GGLC
01-07-2015, 09:58 PM
Yes it's unfortunate Matt has been so inconsistent offensively this season. There were many posters calling for Matt to start over Quinn at the beginning of the season. That was never going to happen. Thankfully Coach K is in charge

You know Matt was the starter for all the preseason games, right? It's not like people just had that idea out of nowhere.

FerryFor50
I stand corrected for the use of hyperbole. He's not killing us. He's just killing me because I know he's better than he's showing offensively. He is invaluable (defensively), but he can't airball wide open threes and keep getting layups blocked that lead to easy fast break points the other way. This is now consecutive games where that's happened (layup blocked leading to fastbreak).

Yea, he definitely needs to go up stronger with it, or at least pump fake to get some contact.

Quinn also airballed a 3, btw. ;)

jv001
He's not "killing us" on offense. Not when he's taken all of 3 shots this game. He's also got an assist and he's a solid rebounder in addition to his defense.

As I've mentioned before, when you have 3-4 other offensive options on the floor with you at the same time, you don't *need* to be a scorer. And don't forget - he had 8 points against BC.

His contributions are invaluable to the *team*. His offense is just a bonus when he's hitting shots.

I agree with you that Matt is not killing us because he makes up for poor offense with very good defense. Coach K has his minutes right where they need to be until his offense catches up with his defense. The turnovers and wild shots contributed to run outs that really hurt us in the first half. So far this season, Coach K has gotten the team's attention at half time. I look for the same this game. GoDuke!

_Gary
01-07-2015, 10:01 PM
Yea, he definitely needs to go up stronger with it, or at least pump fake to get some contact.

He's just been so casual going up for those layups. Like he's in a layup line or something. He's definitely got to be more aggressive in those instances, but I think he's really suffering in the confidence department right now on offense.

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 10:02 PM
We need to caaaalm it down. We're playing poor defense AND not taking care of the ball. There was a period during the 10:00 - 7:00 span where we gave up 6 points off 3 inexcusable turnovers.

Nice to see Justice continuing his hot streak and Rasheed stepping up in our first ACC road game though. We'll see what happens but I expect the upperclassmen to turn it up a notch in the second half.

The defense isn't that bad. They're shooting 38% from the field. Duke's committed only 3 fouls and blocked a couple shots. Wake's offensive efficiency is 72, Their offense has mostly come off of turnovers/fast break points.

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 10:04 PM
Think Devin Thomas was ready for this game?

77devil
01-07-2015, 10:08 PM
You know Matt was the starter for all the preseason games, right? It's not like people just had that idea out of nowhere.

Of course but preseason means nothing. Matt started on the white team because the blue team needed a point guard and K kept the rotation in preseason.

Billy Dat
01-07-2015, 10:10 PM
Think Devin Thomas was ready for this game?

Yeah.....he's besting Jah so far. They have a lot of confidence at this point and are attacking. Good times.

GGLC
01-07-2015, 10:11 PM
Of course but preseason means nothing.

Tell that to Coach K.

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 10:12 PM
Yeah.....he's besting Jah so far. They have a lot of confidence at this point and are attacking. Good times.

After dropping 31 and 11 on Louisville (and Montrezl Harrell) he has a right to feel confident.

CDu
01-07-2015, 10:12 PM
Tell that to Coach K.

Alex Murphy started preseason games in multiple years. It doesn't mean much either way.

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 10:15 PM
Alex Murphy started preseason games in multiple years. It doesn't mean much either way.

Sure it does.

K uses the preseason to get a look at players that may or may not crack the rotation. He puts them in a position to succeed by playing them with guys who will take the pressure off.

Obviously, the evaluation of Matt Jones was that he'd be better off the bench as a defensive spark plug.

Billy Dat
01-07-2015, 10:16 PM
That last sequence started with Tyus passing up a wing 3 to get Rasheed a better step-into 3 from the top of the key. Then we get the Justise alley oop. #smart! Justise playing well since the start.

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Winslow has really been stepping it up.

Nice to have 3 freshmen who can help take over a game at any time.

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 10:19 PM
Winslow has really been stepping it up.

Nice to have 3 freshmen who can help take over a game at any time.

He also needs some work on that spin move.

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 10:20 PM
Loose balls are not bouncing Duke's way right now...

Billy Dat
01-07-2015, 10:22 PM
We had chances to keep the 9 point lead...now 4...who is going to make plays now...them or us?

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 10:23 PM
We had chances to keep the 9 point lead...now 4...who is going to make plays now...them or us?

They are definitely playing harder and like they want it more (which they likely do).

Lots of lazy passes, bad decisions... is it still exam week? :p

wgl1228
01-07-2015, 10:25 PM
Disappointing showing tonight so far. We may win but we can't do this against other teams. Just don't play well in Winston-Salem it seems. Need to have more fire. Winslow and Sheed only ones who showed up.

dukelifer
They are definitely playing harder and like they want it more (which they likely do).

Wake plays very hard. Duke is not matching the intensity.

arnie
Loose balls are not bouncing Duke's way right now...

Wake wants it more; won't be shocked if this our 1st loss. I do sense a shift in our best five on the floor- think Sheed may be replacing Amile as we play a little smaller.

CDu
8 assists to 11 turnovers. Yuck.

Billy Dat
01-07-2015, 10:26 PM

After I posted, MP3 bulldozed the guard and we almost give up a lay-up on a lazy pass...we have officially given them life.

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 10:27 PM
Wake wants it more; won't be shocked if this our 1st loss. I do sense a shift in our best five on the floor- think Sheed may be replacing Amile as we play a little smaller.

I think it depends on the matchup.

Sheed's been playing well lately, but he's a good option to come in with the second unit as a scorer.

Billy Dat
01-07-2015, 10:28 PM
8 assists to 11 turnovers. Yuck.

Yeah, both stats are palpable. We are not connected on offense, their "pressure" is bothering us.

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 10:29 PM
Finally connecting on a high-low pass to Oak for an "and1."

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 10:31 PM
So Devin Thomas lights Duke up for the first half and part of the 2nd, and now Wake is just using him as a screener?

Method to the madness?

The more Duke lets Wake hang around, the harder they'll play down the stretch. Need a run to put em away.

dukelifer
01-07-2015, 10:35 PM
So Devin Thomas lights Duke up for the first half and part of the 2nd, and now Wake is just using him as a screener?

Method to the madness?

The more Duke lets Wake hang around, the harder they'll play down the stretch. Need a run to put em away.

Apparently so.

CDu
01-07-2015, 10:35 PM
Just a really poor effort from us on offense tonight. No continuity, no sustained focus.

Billy Dat
01-07-2015, 10:36 PM
It doesnt feel like we are going to shake them, headed for a close one. I hope I am wrong. Nice take by Tyus.

_Gary
01-07-2015, 10:37 PM
Unless something radical changes in the last 8 minutes of this game and we just dominate, I expect we will hear Coach K talk about our lack of passion and effort in the presser afterwards. They absolutely want it more and it shows. Easily our worst showing of the year thus far.

dukelifer
01-07-2015, 10:37 PM
Just a really poor effort from us on offense tonight. No continuity, no sustained focus.

The question is how will they play in crunch time.

Billy Dat
01-07-2015, 10:39 PM

I think we have set a record for turnovers and near turnovers off of basic wing passes 25 feet from the hoop. Still, we have not let them take a lead. This is right when stuff fell apart at Lawrence Joel last year. Let's hope we can hang on.

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 10:40 PM
Pretty shaky call on that drive. I've seen more contact on drives not called tonight.

BlueandWhite
01-07-2015, 10:41 PM

Our guard play tonight is the reason...neither Cook nor Jones is running the team...no leadership out there. They may pull this out but they don't deserve to win this game.

NYBri
01-07-2015, 10:43 PM
Bad game. Looks like our first L.

Kfanarmy
01-07-2015, 10:44 PM
ESPN3 up down up down...so frustrating!

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 10:45 PM
Man, they need to T up Thomas.

CR9
01-07-2015, 10:45 PM
Why doesn't Jah challenge any shots? How many times will he let that guy get into the lane and throw up something nasty with his left before Jah actually jumps?

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 10:46 PM
Why doesn't Jah challenge any shots? How many times will he let that guy get into the lane and throw up something nasty with his left before Jah actually jumps?

He has challenged multiple times. Thomas is just playing better than him. He's gotten Jah in the air a few times with pump fakes for easy scores.

dukelifer
They need to stop Thomas. That kid is very, very good. Don't like his antics- but he can play.

CDu

Yeah he is begging for one.

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 10:47 PM
They need to stop Thomas. That kid is very, very good. Don't like his antics- but he can play.

Of course he's good. But he's also a hothead and overly demonstrative. And he was barking at the refs about the call.

freshmanjs
2nd straight game Amile's playing time is way down

Billy Dat
We've looked better the past few possessions, maybe we have settled down and sharpened up in the nick of time. Big free throws for Jah...come on big guy...

BlueandWhite

He will hear about his effort from the coaching staff, as will the team, at the next practice, even if they do win. Wake is bringing their A game, credit to them, boo to us for mediocre effort on both sides of the ball.

Kjeffrey
01-07-2015, 10:48 PM

I have thought that several times tonight. He certainly doesn't keep it classy.

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 10:48 PM
2nd straight game Amile's playing time is way down

I think you will see ebbs and flows in PT for guys like Jefferson, Sulaimon, Matt Jones, etc. based on matchups and how they're playing.

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 10:49 PM
A couple of huge shots down the stretch by Matt "Gary says his offense is killing us" Jones. :D

dukelifer
01-07-2015, 10:50 PM
clutch by Matt and by Tyus

_Gary
01-07-2015, 10:50 PM
Yea Matt!!!

_Gary
01-07-2015, 10:51 PM
Sorry, I'm on a delay. Gladly take that chiding for another couple of shots made by Matt to end the game. ;)

CR9
01-07-2015, 10:51 PM
He has challenged multiple times. Thomas is just playing better than him. He's gotten Jah in the air a few times with pump fakes for easy scores.

You're probably right but I haven't seen it that I can recall. I understand not doing it early and potentially getting early fouls but the last couple made buckets by that guy have seemed unchallenged.

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 10:52 PM
Foul by "lesser Wilbekin" on a great Tyus Jones lay up. Some solid play down the stretch on both ends to close it out.

dukelifer
Need the stop here

CDu
The Jones bros with some onions!

Kjeffrey
01-07-2015, 10:53 PM
He will hear about his effort from the coaching staff, as will the team, at the next practice, even if they do win. Wake is bringing their A game, credit to them, boo to us for mediocre effort on both sides of the ball.

He needs to work on his defense for sure. It seems like they will leave him in the game despite his poor effort. Other have a much shorter leash. It is too bad because Marshall works very hard but just isn't as talented.

FerryFor50
01-07-2015, 10:54 PM
As poorly as Duke played for a majority of the game, they still may keep the "win by double digit" streak alive.

Kjeffrey
01-07-2015, 10:55 PM
Rasheed played so well in this game. Why has he been on the bench the last few minutes?

dukelifer
01-07-2015, 10:56 PM
Rasheed played so well in this game. Why has he been on the bench the last few minutes?

K knew Matt had 5 pts in him ;)

CR9
01-07-2015, 10:57 PM

He's the Manu of the group.

NYBri
Don't like Thomas.

pfrduke
That's right Devin Thomas - you clap for your bad self when your team's down 8 with 20 seconds left....