PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. UConn (Dec 18, 2014)

JBDuke
12-18-2014, 10:14 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 66-56 win over UConn?

OldPhiKap
12-18-2014, 10:16 PM
Amile, although Winslow at the end was key.

Boatright was the most impressive guy on the floor.

NSDukeFan
12-18-2014, 10:16 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 66-56 win over UConn?

Tyus was so smooth and under control against quick, aggressive guards. He also scored when he needed to, defended well. He is good.

azzefkram
12-18-2014, 10:22 PM
Went with Amile on a coin flip over Tyus.

jv001
12-18-2014, 10:37 PM
I love Rasheed but how did he get a vote tonight. I didn't see him make any plays that would warrant a vote, just my take. GoDuke!

uh_no
12-18-2014, 10:40 PM
no votes for jahlil? his ability to foul out uconn's big men was incredible to me....especially since he's not shown any hint of being great at getting to the line so far this year.

happy to see that he has that when he wants. wish he were more agressive against the double team...seems sometimes he was content to dump it out....but smart overall game, and i think it was his headiness that ultimately helped duke get enough points against a staunch uconn D (along with tyus dumping in a bazillion)

Duvall
12-18-2014, 10:43 PM
no votes for jahlil? his ability to foul out uconn's big men was incredible to me....especially since he's not shown any hint of being great at getting to the line so far this year.

To be fair, all of UConn's players were fouling everyone out there. Harder to ignore it against the future #1 pick I guess.

OldPhiKap
12-18-2014, 10:46 PM
I love Rasheed but how did he get a vote tonight. I didn't see him make any plays that would warrant a vote, just my take. GoDuke!

Gotta agree, and no votes for Winslow?

FerryFor50
12-18-2014, 10:53 PM
Boatright was the most impressive guy on the floor.

I disagree. Boatright was pretty mediocre most of the evening but turned it on late. He ended up only slightly better than Tyus Jones' stat line. He also turned it over 5 times.

Anyway, back on topic... I went Amile, but Jones was a real close 2nd.

Henderson
12-18-2014, 10:59 PM
Accidentally voted for Justise when I meant to vote for Amile (we won the boards big, and Amile had 13).

But I can live with my choice of Justise. In a critical 2nd half stretch with the game undecided, he tipped a Jah FT in, blocked a shot, and hit a 3.

-bdbd
12-18-2014, 11:12 PM
No doubt that it was Amile.

But I thought that Winslow made a pair of critical plays at the end.

The tip in of the FT miss by Jahil came right as U-con was really threatening down the stretch. And then, of course, the three with under 2 minutes left just put it away. Awesome.

These freshmen sure don't play like frosh. Jahil, Jones and Winslow all seem to show up in big games!

Edouble
12-18-2014, 11:34 PM
Great games by Tyus and Amile, but to me, Justise staved off the threat of a Husky win at the end.

Bob Green
12-19-2014, 05:06 AM
UConn strategy was to double team Okafor every time he touched the ball. Amile Jefferson made them pay for that strategy by posting a double - double. His 5-7 performance at the free throw line was impressive.

Dukeblue91
12-19-2014, 07:24 AM
I had a real hard time deciding between Tyus and Amile but went with Tyus as his leadership and steady play was amazing for a frosh.
All of our starters are incredible including Winslow.
Ugly game but beautiful win.

jv001
12-19-2014, 07:49 AM
I went with Amile with Tyus a very close 2nd. But Quinn hit a big 3 pointer when UConn was closing late in the game. Then there was two big plays by Justise and there's this big guy in the middle who had a very good game.The starters played very well last night. GoDuke!

COYS
12-19-2014, 10:43 AM
Amile all the way, for me. Tyus put in a great performance on offense, too, but Amile was all over the place. He was rebounding, defending, blocking shots, altering shots, scoring, screening . . . basically doing everything right. Our defense was even better than the final score indicated, as our live ball turnovers on offense led to a TON of fast break points for UCONN. Our half court defense was outstanding, and Amile was a big part of that.

rsvman
12-19-2014, 10:56 AM
Gotta agree, and no votes for Winslow?

Winslow was not very good until the last few minutes. In the first half, he showed freshman-mistake tendencies that he has also displayed in recent games. Specifically, he has a tendency to commit dumb fouls early in the game. His rebounding was not particularly good, either.

Obviously, he made a dagger three when we really needed it, and his tip-in of the missed free throw (although technically offensive goaltending) was a killer hustle-play that helped a lot. Not trying to disrespect Winslow and what he brought/brings to the table for us, but I can't see any way he should get MOTM, especially in a game where Jefferson and Tyus Jones played so well for the entire contest.

My vote went to Amile. Tyus was a close second.

DukieInKansas
12-19-2014, 11:20 AM
Went with Amile. He just seemed to always be in the right place at the right time - it's the little things that count.