PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Elon (Dec 15, 2014)

JBDuke
12-15-2014, 10:04 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 75-62 win over Elon?

Dukehky
12-15-2014, 10:23 PM
Jah. Duh.

gurufrisbee
12-15-2014, 11:06 PM
It's Okafor clearly, but I really wanted to vote for Sheed, because he showed amazing restraint to not kill that Eddy thug for the cheapest move I've seen in years.

Edouble
12-16-2014, 02:15 AM
Rasheed gets my vote for showing that you can't get to a Blue Devil with cheap, underhanded moves. Less talented teams, from time to time, have tried to play us "physically", thinking that we will wilt.

I would have Rasheed shove Eddy's head to the floor 100 times out of 100. Eddy's punk play put one of our players at serious risk of injury, ranging anywhere from a bone bruise all the way to a torn ligament.

Then the nerve of the Elon players trying to get in Rasheed's face after he was protecting himself? I really don't understand how Coach K can be mad at Rasheed and how Eddy wasn't tossed from the game after the refs reviewed the play. I'll take Rasheed's actions even in a tie game with 20 seconds left. I'd rather lose than not have our players draw a line in the sand, and react accordingly, in order to protect themselves.

Bob Green
12-16-2014, 05:14 AM
A dominant performance by Okafor with 25 points and 20 rebounds! I do not normally tie MOTM directly to who stands out in the box score; however, 25 and 20 is impossible to overlook. Big Jah earns my vote, while Sulaimon gets honorable mention for his toughness that is going to serve this team greatly come conference play and beyond.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
12-16-2014, 05:44 AM
It's Jah, clearly.

But hit your FTs, big man!

jv001
12-16-2014, 06:46 AM
It's Jah, clearly.

But hit your FTs, big man!

Agree on both accounts. What a game from Jah. But you're correct in he needs to shoot better from the free throw line. Teams are going to get physical and foul him even more if they think he will clank the freebees. In the Wisconsin game, Coach K took him out down the stretch for what I would call his free throw woes. Jah has a good looking shot, so I expect it to get better. Just look at how much Marshall has improved with some work. GoDuke!

slower
12-16-2014, 08:36 AM
Rasheed gets my vote for showing that you can't get to a Blue Devil with cheap, underhanded moves. Less talented teams, from time to time, have tried to play us "physically", thinking that we will wilt.

I would have Rasheed shove Eddy's head to the floor 100 times out of 100. Eddy's punk play put one of our players at serious risk of injury, ranging anywhere from a bone bruise all the way to a torn ligament.

Then the nerve of the Elon players trying to get in Rasheed's face after he was protecting himself? I really don't understand how Coach K can be mad at Rasheed and how Eddy wasn't tossed from the game after the refs reviewed the play. I'll take Rasheed's actions even in a tie game with 20 seconds left. I'd rather lose than not have our players draw a line in the sand, and react accordingly, in order to protect themselves.

Yep. Agree 100% with everything you said. I love that Tyus appears to be completely unflappable, but I also love that Sheed drew the line. I almost wish Eddy had tried that punk move on Winslow.

flyingdutchdevil
12-16-2014, 08:57 AM
Yep. Agree 100% with everything you said. I love that Tyus appears to be completely unflappable, but I also love that Sheed drew the line. I almost wish Eddy had tried that punk move on Winslow.

I too voted for Rasheed, and for two reasons.

1) Jah was clearly the MOTM. But watching him play mid-majors is like watching Rakeem Christmas play against Andre Dawkins at the 4 in the Syracuse away game last year. Just isn't fair.

2) Sulaimon made very smart decisions. 0 turnovers, 3 assists, okay shooting. Couldn't be happier with his play.

I didn't like the shove against Eddy (although Eddy clearly deserved it) because Duke players need to resist that type of temptation. However, if in the same shoes, I probably would have done the same thing.

SupaDave
12-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Sheed - he saved himself from a dislocated shoulder and served notice that this team has a little Laettner in them... Some of the best Duke teams have always served up a little nasty when needed to be.