PDA

View Full Version : Justise Winslow Earns Interesting Honor from ESPN

MCFinARL
12-11-2014, 07:11 PM
He ranks number 8 on their Top 10 list of the best hair in college hoops. http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/101358/top10thursday-best-hair-in-college-hoops

Mods, apologies if this isn't worth its own thread--but the pics are pretty amusing. Winslow's do is described as "Afro 2.0. It's both retro and modern."

OldPhiKap
12-11-2014, 07:16 PM
He ranks number 8 on their Top 10 list of the best hair in college hoops. http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/101358/top10thursday-best-hair-in-college-hoops

Mods, apologies if this isn't worth its own thread--but the pics are pretty amusing. Winslow's do is described as "Afro 2.0. It's both retro and modern."

Is that higher or lower than Tokoto?

BD80
12-11-2014, 07:25 PM

We're not talking about NBA hair potential, but current hair performance.

Henderson
12-11-2014, 07:28 PM

There is a "Hair" thread, but i think Justise's merits its own. Color me "like".

devildeac
12-11-2014, 07:37 PM

Don't know that answer but I'd bet it's more "useful.";)

Lennies
12-11-2014, 10:48 PM
That list needs DeAndre' Bembry from St. Joes...

Newton_14
12-11-2014, 11:10 PM
I am a big fan of Winslow's "do". I think he and his teammates should make MPE grow his a bit longer, get a perm, and try to create the white version of Winslow's do. That would be awesome. If MP3 could grow a beard as rockin as MP1's is right now, to go with the suggested white modern-retro do, that would be really cool. Might elevate his game to an even higher level. So come on MP3, work it out. Blaze a new trail and create the MP3 modern-retro do, and see if you can grow your oldest brother's beard. MP1 is getting killer blocks on the likes of Boogie and D-Wade so it must be the beard!. That would be awesome!

BD80
12-11-2014, 11:36 PM
... If MP3 could ... go with the suggested white modern-retro do, that would be really cool. ...

gep
12-12-2014, 12:19 AM
I am a big fan of Winslow's "do". I think he and his teammates should make MPE grow his a bit longer, get a perm, and try to create the white version of Winslow's do. That would be awesome. If MP3 could grow a beard as rockin as MP1's is right now, to go with the suggested white modern-retro do, that would be really cool. Might elevate his game to an even higher level. So come on MP3, work it out. Blaze a new trail and create the MP3 modern-retro do, and see if you can grow your oldest brother's beard. MP1 is getting killer blocks on the likes of Boogie and D-Wade so it must be the beard!. That would be awesome!

Which should also channel the Zoubeard :cool:

Edouble
12-12-2014, 03:22 AM
Justise got robbed. #8???

How is Jake Layman on the list? I see hair like that every day. Ditto for Jalen Moore.

Montrezl Harrell doesn't pull off the mini-Snoop. Even Bosh cut his.

And the #1 and #9 have the same damn hair! What, Jordan Goodman paid an extra $20 for some shoddy highlights, so he leaps ahead of Mo Alie-Cox by 8 spots?

An albino Kid 'n' Play at #2, and Quinn's not even on the list? What is the world coming to?

MCFinARL
12-12-2014, 08:46 AM
Justise got robbed. #8???

How is Jake Layman on the list? I see hair like that every day. Ditto for Jalen Moore.

Montrezl Harrell doesn't pull off the mini-Snoop. Even Bosh cut his.

And the #1 and #9 have the same damn hair! What, Jordan Goodman paid an extra $20 for some shoddy highlights, so he leaps ahead of Mo Alie-Cox by 8 spots?

An albino Kid 'n' Play at #2, and Quinn's not even on the list? What is the world coming to?

Well, yeah, there are lots of questions to raise about the list, like any rankings. Even the author (Myron Medcalf) felt the need to explain Jake Layman's presence on the list--apparently his hair has its own twitter account, @JLaymansHair. Said account's response to the #5 ranking: "#5? What a joke" and "Can America vote on this?" If nothing else, his hair apparently has an attitude.

flyingdutchdevil
12-12-2014, 08:51 AM
This is amazing. A Dukie actually made the hair-do list! Has that ever happened before, especially with Coach K's Iron Fist on physical appearances!

Love Winslow's hair. Hope he never changes it during college.

BD80
12-12-2014, 09:01 AM
Well, yeah, there are lots of questions to raise about the list, like any rankings. Even the author (Myron Medcalf) felt the need to explain Jake Layman's presence on the list--apparently his hair has its own twitter account, @JLaymansHair. Said account's response to the #5 ranking: "#5? What a joke" and "Can America vote on this?" If nothing else, his hair apparently has an attitude.

Did you really just use the phrase "hair apparent?"

In my case, it is hair dis-apparent

Henderson
12-12-2014, 10:36 AM
Justise and Quinn need to pull Grayson aside for a chat.

MCFinARL
12-12-2014, 11:49 AM
Did you really just use the phrase "hair apparent?"

In my case, it is hair dis-apparent

OMG :) I actually didn't realize I did that (does that make it hair presumptive, instead of apparent?), but I am pretty pleased with myself now that you have pointed it out. Would totally spork you for noticing and for your brilliant response, but I have already sparked you in this thread.

DukeHLM'13
12-12-2014, 12:40 PM
This is amazing. A Dukie actually made the hair-do list! Has that ever happened before, especially with Coach K's Iron Fist on physical appearances!

Well, maybe not on the basketball team, and I can't find the list right now (or remember who put it out), but I know that at least one Duke player made the list for best flow in college lacrosse.

burnspbesq
12-12-2014, 01:31 PM
Cauley-Stein's do looks even worse on him than it did on Neymar.

AncientPsychicT
12-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Well, maybe not on the basketball team, and I can't find the list right now (or remember who put it out), but I know that at least one Duke player made the list for best flow in college lacrosse.

It was probably Brendan Fowler.

burnspbesq
12-12-2014, 07:37 PM
It was probably Brendan Fowler.

It was Fowler. He hacked if off during the summer and donated it to charity.

devil84
12-12-2014, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Newton_14 http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?p=762855#post762855)
... If MP3 could ... go with the suggested white modern-retro do, that would be really cool. ...

Our own Kenny Dennard originated that pose in the Tobacco Road magazine in 1980. Will Ferrell clearly ripped-off Kenny.