PDA

View Full Version : UNC v. UVA

Bluedawg
09-15-2007, 01:53 PM
I just saw a replay of UNC's TD, and I'm nor sure he was in. That may have been a "home field" call.

JasonEvans
09-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Well Virginia beat UNC. It was Virginia in a walk but then Carolina made it close late and even had a 2-point conversion at the end of the game that could have tied it up. Still, UVA held on for the win.

Clearly, we are competative with Carolina and probably with some other teams on the schedule still to come. If the kids can get some confidence and start executing in some little ways (punting and placekicking come to mind) then this team can still be a success.

--Jason "looking forward to tonight!" Evans

YmoBeThere
09-15-2007, 04:02 PM
I may see more Carolina football this year than Duke as I caught a glimpse while flipping through the channels. I miss being in NC where I could see the games on Raycom/JP.

Duvall
09-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Well Virginia beat UNC. It was Virginia in a walk but then Carolina made it close late and even had a 2-point conversion at the end of the game that could have tied it up. Still, UVA held on for the win.

Clearly, we are competitive with Carolina and probably with some other teams on the schedule still to come.

Really? Carolina looked worlds better than Duke in the second half of today's game, and that's with a new system on both sides of the ball. I see no way that Duke should be able to compete with UNC's talent by the end of this season.

JBDuke
09-15-2007, 04:16 PM

Clearly, we are competative with Carolina and probably with some other teams on the schedule still to come. If the kids can get some confidence and start executing in some little ways (punting and placekicking come to mind) then this team can still be a success.

--Jason "looking forward to tonight!" Evans

FWIW, after the disaster that was UCONN, the punting was very good against UVA. As noted in the Al Featherston article that DBR linked to (here (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/articles/?p=23352)), Kevin Jones punted 5 times against the Cavs for a 42.8 yard average. Let's just hope that this is the kind of performance we see regularly...

Wander
09-15-2007, 06:42 PM
Really? Carolina looked worlds better than Duke in the second half of today's game, and that's with a new system on both sides of the ball. I see no way that Duke should be able to compete with UNC's talent by the end of this season.

"Worlds better?" Seriously? UNC was playing UVA, not LSU. Duke was able to compete against UVA and there's no reason to think we won't be able to compete against UNC.

Patrick Yates
09-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Firstly, congrats to Duke FB on a win I wasn't sure they would get.

As for UNC, I agree that Duke will be competitive this year. Heck, we might even beat them. But, I feel this would amount to fools gold in the long term. Davis will turn UNC arround. He is already starting to firm up the state lines as far as recruiting is concerned. Given time, he could put UNC on the map, big time. Given how long Roof has been here, and that once promising recruiting has fallen back to earth, at least a little, you have to think that UNC's future is far, far brighter than Duke's.

That said, once Michigan (and possibly Tennessee, UCLA, Auburn, et al) start getting new coaches, one has to wonder if Davis will be enticed away from a basketball school to a more traditional FB power. I have no proof anything will happen, but you know someone will take a look at him given his past. If, and this is a HUGE IF, Davis can get even 1 signature win this year, he will be a hot name on the recruiting circuit this offseason.

Patrick Yates

Patrick Yates
09-17-2007, 01:41 PM
This past weekend UNC hosted two consensus 4-5 star BB recruits in Tyler Zeller and Imran Shumpert (sp?). Hopefully, the home loss to UVA, which I am sure the team took them to, will leave a bad taste in their mouths.

I think UNC might get Imran, but Zeller is very much a question mark. If this puts either (but preferably Zeller) off UNC, hoo-freaking-ray.

Patrick Yates