PDA

View Full Version : Not that this matters, but

Eakane
12-08-2014, 04:00 PM
if you had a vote, and voted Wisky #1, and then Wisky loses at home to Duke by 10, shouldn't your vote slide to Duke, not Kentucky? In other words, the team you considred to be the best in the land just lost to a team you considered 3rd best in the land, at home, convincingly. Just sayin'...

Duvall
12-08-2014, 04:03 PM
if you had a vote, and voted Wisky #1, and then Wisky loses at home to Duke by 10, shouldn't your vote slide to Duke, not Kentucky? In other words, the team you considred to be the best in the land just lost to a team you considered 3rd best in the land, at home, convincingly. Just sayin'...

Not if you had Kentucky ahead of Duke (and both behind Wisconsin), or if you were impressed by Kentucky's wins that week.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
12-09-2014, 10:18 AM
I wouldn't mind staying behind Kentucky in the polls all the way until a possible meet up in the Tournament at some point. I prefer to be the short, talented but not Kentucky talented team that slays the mighty Wildcats. Instead of The Great Duke team who either beats Kentucky because we have more experience or because Kentucky's youth finally caught up to them. That't the unfortunate thing about playing Cal coached teams, if he loses he always has a built in excuse. For example when we beat them in the champions classic he said, "We just weren't ready yet for such an experienced Duke team" he even said it before the game. Then when he lost in 2010 they were "looking ahead to a matchup with Duke" Its enough to make you sick. So by all means media keep voting them number one and by all means Kentucky keep winning in the garbage SEC. I want them at their highest point, I want their fans as cocky as possible, I want the media to give Duke no chance, then I want a bloodbath of Kentucky Blue and I want to use the Wildcat carcass as a rug under my fire place..... Too Much???

Sidenote: That is of course on the off chance that we even get a chance to play them this season.

Kedsy
12-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Instead of The Great Duke team who either beats Kentucky because we have more experience or because Kentucky's youth finally caught up to them.

Well the good news is, if Duke plays Kentucky, our superior experience probably won't be the story. Because it wouldn't be true.

Duke's starting five contains three freshmen (along with one junior and one senior). UK's starting five contains only one (along with two juniors and two sophomores). While it's true three of UK's top five subs are freshmen while only one of Duke's top five subs are, I kind of doubt experience would be the story. So I don't think you'll have to worry about that excuse.

BrazyATX
12-09-2014, 10:51 AM
Rankings don't mean much, especially right now. I'm good with #2.

CDu
12-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Well the good news is, if Duke plays Kentucky, our superior experience probably won't be the story. Because it wouldn't be true.

Duke's starting five contains three freshmen (along with one junior and one senior). UK's starting five contains only one (along with two juniors and two sophomores). While it's true three of UK's top five subs are freshmen while only one of Duke's top five subs are, I kind of doubt experience would be the story. So I don't think you'll have to worry about that excuse.

I am pretty sure UK also has more tourney game experience. The six games last year played by their sophs and upperclassmen match the total played by Quinn Cook in his career. Sulaimon and Jefferson each have 5. The rest of the team has a combined 8 minutes of tourament experience.

Wander
12-09-2014, 10:39 PM
By the way, note that we DID jump a highly ranked undefeated team because of the Wisconsin win. One that notched a top-10 win of their own in the week that we jumped them. So clearly we got a lot of cred for the win.