PDA

View Full Version : DBR Podcast

JasonEvans
12-08-2014, 09:17 AM
So, BlazinDW, Dev11, and I have gotten together and launched the first DBR Podcast. You can listen to it here: https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast/dbr-podcast-12-6-14

0:00 Welcome to the podcast and to the podcast hosts!
2:27 Thoughts from the Wisconsin game. We gush.
9:05 Biggest takeaways from the 2014-2015 season so far. We like the freshmen. Also the upperclassmen.
13:35 Reviewing the ACC following the ACC-B1G Challenge. Why couldn't UNC beat Iowa at the Smith Center?
22:38 Player of the Week
23:14 So long, folks

Give us your feedback. We are obviously very early into this process and are just learning what to do. Thanks for your patience and we hope you enjoy it!

--Jason "we plan to put one of these out every Monday -- coming next week, a preview of UConn" Evans

P.S. - I promise to know the day of the week the next time we record ;)

Dev11
12-08-2014, 09:26 AM
And I promise to bring my 'uh' count down significantly.

Check it out!

robobevan
12-08-2014, 09:42 AM
any way to get this onto itunes so can download podcast from there?

Ichabod Drain
12-08-2014, 10:08 AM
This is awesome guys, really enjoyed it. I liked how you covered the most recent game, the season so far for Duke, and the ACC as a whole. Looking forward to some game previews as well, when we actually have upcoming games.

I would say Iowa is a little better than very mediocre but that's just the Iowa fan in me talking as I am a fan of whatever team beats UNC for at least a few days afterwards.

Great job to all three of you, I can't wait to put this in my Monday CBB routine.

DukeDevilDeb
12-08-2014, 10:23 AM
So, BlazinDW, Dev11, and I have gotten together and launched the first DBR Podcast. You can listen to it here: https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast/dbr-podcast-12-6-14

9:05 Biggest takeaways from the 2014-2015 season so far. We like the freshmen. Also the upperclassmen.
13:35 Reviewing the ACC following the ACC-B1G Challenge. Why couldn't UNC beat Iowa at the Smith Center?

Give us your feedback. We are obviously very early into this process and are just learning what to do. Thanks for your patience and we hope you enjoy it!

--Jason "we plan to put one of these out every Monday -- coming next week, a preview of UConn" Evans

I have tried and tried but can't get the podcast. I started an account, logged in and keep getting the message: Sorry, something went wrong. Any ideas?

Duke_92
12-08-2014, 10:43 AM
It was working fine this morning. Haven't been able to access it for the past half an hour or so. Maybe we all flocked to it at the same time.

DukeDevil
12-08-2014, 11:02 AM
holy cow Jason...talk about a voice for radio!

This is great guys, really enjoying it so far, thanks for all the hard work!

Dev11
12-08-2014, 11:04 AM
any way to get this onto itunes so can download podcast from there?

We're working in that. I know it's the preferred podcast medium for most people.

DukieInBrasil
12-08-2014, 11:10 AM
i enjoyed it thoroughly. I hope y'all continue to do them. I thought the content was good, varied, good pace.
If you wanted to, and depending on your pov, it might be worthwhile to break the different thematic areas (ie., recent game, season trends, next game...) into different podcasts so that people can their 5 min fix, as opposed to all 25 minutes.
Keep it up!

Henderson
12-08-2014, 12:09 PM
And I promise to bring my 'uh' count down significantly.

Check it out!

Don't be so hard on yourself. Y'all did a great job. Really enjoyed it.

JasonEvans
12-08-2014, 12:29 PM
I have tried and tried but can't get the podcast. I started an account, logged in and keep getting the message: Sorry, something went wrong. Any ideas?

Very strange. I just went to it and it player right away, no logging in or anything. It just started right up. Please let me know if you are still having problems accessing it.

As Dev11 (Sam) mentioned, we are working on getting it placed on other platforms including iTunes. With any startup effort, there is going to be a learning curve and a gradual roll-out. But, we are committed to doing this professionally and making it easy to access. In coming weeks we hope to be able to embed it right on the DBR site.

Thanks for the comments so far. Ya'll are the best!

-Jason "voice for radio... ha! More like a face for radio" Evans

Henderson
12-08-2014, 12:40 PM

Mine fired right up without any login. Do you have cookies disabled? I think I saw a message that the podcast requires cookies.

ChillinDuke
12-08-2014, 01:14 PM
Very strange. I just went to it and it player right away, no logging in or anything. It just started right up. Please let me know if you are still having problems accessing it.

As Dev11 (Sam) mentioned, we are working on getting it placed on other platforms including iTunes. With any startup effort, there is going to be a learning curve and a gradual roll-out. But, we are committed to doing this professionally and making it easy to access. In coming weeks we hope to be able to embed it right on the DBR site.

Thanks for the comments so far. Ya'll are the best!

-Jason "voice for radio... ha! More like a face for radio" Evans

Did your mother make you do this?

I keed, I keed.

Can't wait to listen.

- Chillin

Dev11
12-08-2014, 01:29 PM
i enjoyed it thoroughly. I hope y'all continue to do them. I thought the content was good, varied, good pace.
If you wanted to, and depending on your pov, it might be worthwhile to break the different thematic areas (ie., recent game, season trends, next game...) into different podcasts so that people can their 5 min fix, as opposed to all 25 minutes.
Keep it up!

It might be too cumbersome to split it up so much, but we will provide the witty list of topics and timestamps every week.

JasonEvans
12-08-2014, 06:11 PM
So far it appears about 450 of you have listened to the podcast and I am yet to get any angry emails or death threat. So, I am officially declaring the podcast a success! Ha!

-Jason

thewoosh31
12-08-2014, 07:57 PM
So far it appears about 450 of you have listened to the podcast and I am yet to get any angry emails or death threat. So, I am officially declaring the podcast a success! Ha!

-Jason

Loved it.

If you guys need a voiceover guy to do intros or etc. during the podcast, please let me know. I'd be glad to help.

Billy Dat
12-08-2014, 08:01 PM
Well done guys, as an avid podcast listener, it came across as well conceived and delivered.

Unlike DukeieInBrasil, I actually like when podcasts go longer as long as there is something to say. I actually find that podcasts that are too "radio like", come across as over produced and canned. The 3-man weave you guys ran set a nice tone.

I think you should seed at least one segment via the board - create a new thread on a relevant topic that week, let everyone weigh in, and let the debate inform your talk, it would be a fun way to include the DBR citizenry and ensure repeat listeners as everyone waits to see if they were quoted. Forget sporks, DBR podcast mentions will become the new currency!

I have felt that a Duke BBall podcast was needed for some time, kudos for filling the void! I look forward to adding it to my weekly habit.

-jk
12-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Well done guys, as an avid podcast listener, it came across as well conceived and delivered.

Unlike DukeieInBrasil, I actually like when podcasts go longer as long as there is something to say. I actually find that podcasts that are too "radio like", come across as over produced and canned. The 3-man weave you guys ran set a nice tone.

I think you should seed at least one segment via the board - create a new thread on a relevant topic that week, let everyone weigh in, and let the debate inform your talk, it would be a fun way to include the DBR citizenry and ensure repeat listeners as everyone waits to see if they were quoted. Forget sporks, DBR podcast mentions will become the new currency!

I have felt that a Duke BBall podcast was needed for some time, kudos for filling the void! I look forward to adding it to my weekly habit.

I like this idea. Perhaps a series of questions from the hoi polloi ;) to drive the discussions...

-jk

chadlee989
12-08-2014, 08:46 PM

-Jason

Loved It! Great job. Can't wait for more

Dev11
12-08-2014, 08:49 PM
Forget sporks, DBR podcast mentions will become the new currency!

You do not want to empower us like this. We've already let our triple digit click count go straight to our heads.

JasonEvans
12-08-2014, 09:04 PM

Holy !%!^%@^, what a great idea! I wish I had thought of it sooner.

Let me huddle with my mates and see if we can come up with a good topic for discussion...

-Jason

Skitzle
12-09-2014, 09:57 AM
With any startup effort, there is going to be a learning curve and a gradual roll-out. But, we are committed to doing this professionally and making it easy to access.

Turn off your cellphones ;) (I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet...)

Love the podcast, excited to listen to it regularly!

Billy Dat
12-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Please do bump this thread to the top every time you guys launch a new episode. I am spolied by the iTunes podcast app and its automatic downloads.

Dev11
12-09-2014, 06:30 PM
The podcast hosts have discovered that we don't have sufficient brain power to create an iTunes-ready RSS feed for the podcast. If you, enterprising user of the World Wide Web, have the knowledge and time to help complete this task for us, we would be immensely grateful.

PM me or Jason if you can help.

Thank you

JasonEvans
12-09-2014, 11:59 PM
Ooooooh! We just landed a pair of really cool guests for podcast #2 and #3. Ya'll are going to enjoy hearing from them!

-Jason "I can't decide if I want to tell who they are or want it to be a surprise..." Evans

gep
12-10-2014, 12:04 AM
Ooooooh! We just landed a pair of really cool guests for podcast #2 and #3. Ya'll are going to enjoy hearing from them!

-Jason "I can't decide if I want to tell who they are or want it to be a surprise..." Evans

I vote for SURPRISE!!!

You guys are doing a GREAT job. I can only see it getting better. :cool:

Dev11
12-10-2014, 09:34 AM

Leave the suspense. Take the cannoli.

Dev11
12-10-2014, 04:24 PM
The podcast hosts have discovered that we don't have sufficient brain power to create an iTunes-ready RSS feed for the podcast. If you, enterprising user of the World Wide Web, have the knowledge and time to help complete this task for us, we would be immensely grateful.

PM me or Jason if you can help.

Thank you

After some investigation, it appears that iTunes won't be able to accept Soundcloud RSS feeds until early 2015. For now, streaming or downloading the podcast on Soundcloud is the only option. If anybody has suggestions for other sites that might make it easier for us to get to iTunes, let us know.

Skitzle
12-11-2014, 05:46 AM
After some investigation, it appears that iTunes won't be able to accept Soundcloud RSS feeds until early 2015. For now, streaming or downloading the podcast on Soundcloud is the only option. If anybody has suggestions for other sites that might make it easier for us to get to iTunes, let us know.

Have you looked into Stitcher? Great podcast streaming app. Maybe they work with Soundcloud?

Link (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140820170302-104315639-using-stitcher-and-soundcloud-to-host-your-podcast)

daveduke76
12-11-2014, 10:57 AM

Thanks so much, great job (love the opening and closing music, brings back memories !!!0

Dev11
12-11-2014, 11:24 AM
Have you looked into Stitcher? Great podcast streaming app. Maybe they work with Soundcloud?

Link (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140820170302-104315639-using-stitcher-and-soundcloud-to-host-your-podcast)

That was also on my list. I'll check it out, thank you.

Native
12-11-2014, 04:30 PM
This is awesome!

...if you ever want a current student/HLM to be a guest, give me a shout! :D