PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie 1 Shoe

MCFinARL
12-05-2014, 07:59 AM
Followed the link in the front page story on Kyrie Irving's Nike signature shoe to read up on the shoe and found this tidbit:
the acronym “JBY” stands for “Just Be You” – a motto Irving uses to inspire kids around the world.

Where would he ever have come up with that idea? :D

(Couldn't actually find this acronym on the photos of the shoe, but I assume it is there somewhere.)

ricks68
12-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Followed the link in the front page story on Kyrie Irving's Nike signature shoe to read up on the shoe and found this tidbit:

Where would he ever have come up with that idea? :D

(Couldn't actually find this acronym on the photos of the shoe, but I assume it is there somewhere.)

Coach K might have gotten it from his father, like I did from mine many decades ago.:)

Sigh. Certainly, a much finer generation than we have today running the world IMHO.

ricks

MCFinARL
12-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Coach K might have gotten it from his father, like I did from mine many decades ago.:)

Sigh. Certainly, a much finer generation than we have today running the world IMHO.

ricks

A plausible claim--a less evolved generation in some ways, but a much less self-involved one as well.

That being said, my dad (who was in most ways a very good father) did, from time to time, suggest there were some ways in which I might be better off trying to be somebody else. :D

weezie
12-05-2014, 08:05 PM
.... my dad (who was in most ways a very good father) did, from time to time, suggest there were some ways in which I might be better off trying to be somebody else. :D

Your Dad sounds like a great father who knew very well what a teen-aged son was miserably capable of...:p