PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Army (Nov 30, 2014)

JBDuke
11-30-2014, 05:34 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 93-73 win over Army?

Furniture
11-30-2014, 06:02 PM
Oak for me but Tysus did very well too

AncientPsychicT
11-30-2014, 06:07 PM
16 points.
10 assists.
0 turnovers.

Tyus Jones.

devildeac
11-30-2014, 06:42 PM
16 points.
10 assists.
0 turnovers.

Tyus Jones.

But, but, but, he "only" had 5 rebounds, a single steal and actually committed a foul!

This one was reeaall easy for me.

jipops
11-30-2014, 07:02 PM
Tyus seems like the obvious choice here but I really want to give it up to Matt Jones too. His defensive effort was actually outstanding I thought. He seemed to have a lot of deflections today, disrupting a lot of what Army wanted to do in the half court. This kind of thing of course doesn't show up in the box score.

OldPhiKap
11-30-2014, 08:37 PM
Just got home from the game (now I recall why I hate I-85 between Durham and Charlotte). Voted for Amile. He was everywhere, and you could really see his communication and defensive quarterbacking (to mix sports). Active hands, active feet, active communication. Just does all the things you need, and you forget how agile, long and quick he is.

Henderson
11-30-2014, 08:50 PM
Just got home from the game (now I recall why I hate I-85 between Durham and Charlotte). Voted for Amile. He was everywhere, and you could really see his communication and defensive quarterbacking (to mix sports). Active hands, active feet, active communication. Just does all the things you need, and you forget how agile, long and quick he is.

And he hit the one mid-range jumper he attempted. If he could develop that part of his game, a lot of good things would happen. Ellis said during the broadcast that Amile's been working on that.

Acymetric
11-30-2014, 09:03 PM

Same here, was beginning to think I would be the only one (Tyus obviously had a great game as well). Finished with 10 boards and did a lot of the dirty work. Definitely taking on the leadership role.

Great seeing you at the tailgate by the way!

OldPhiKap
11-30-2014, 09:06 PM
Same here, was beginning to think I would be the only one (Tyus obviously had a great game as well). Finished with 10 boards and did a lot of the dirty work. Definitely taking on the leadership role.

Great seeing you at the tailgate by the way!

Great to meet you too, and great minds think alike.

Not that agreeing with me should give you comfort, though. :-)

Saratoga2
11-30-2014, 09:31 PM
Jahlil is the difference maker in the game and it would have been a struggle without him. Tyus had a very nice game of course but Jahlil was just dominant.

gurufrisbee
12-01-2014, 12:58 AM
Totally Tyus. His passing, his defense, his contributions to scoring - he did it all. And probably the best part is that I don't know that I've picked the same MOTM twice yet. I love that about this team.

BrazyATX
12-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Totally Tyus. His passing, his defense, his contributions to scoring - he did it all. And probably the best part is that I don't know that I've picked the same MOTM twice yet. I love that about this team.

This completely. It was nice to see him get back to scoring as well after the last few games.

johnb
12-02-2014, 10:23 AM
I went with Tyus.

MP3 is coming into his own (and is on track to be the JJ of FT's). Semi looks like a contributor, both in routine wins and when we need a big front line against top tier teams. Quinn is playing great with and without Tyus. Amile looks so much better playing the 4 than trying to be the 5 next to the two NBA players. Sheed, Matt, and Grayson seem a bit adrift, with moments of excellence but not quite in the flow. Jahlil and Justise continue to look like NBA players.