PDA

View Full Version : Emmy Poll #2

Jumbo
09-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Is there any honor in even winning an Emmy?

hc5duke
09-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Lisa: This show is the biggest farce I ever saw!
Bart: What about the Emmys?
Lisa: I stand corrected.

billybreen
09-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Lisa: This show is the biggest farce I ever saw!
Bart: What about the Emmys?
Lisa: I stand corrected.

IMHO, the only redeeming quality of the Emmys is that it isn't the Grammys. Which of course brings me to 'Homer's Barbershop Quartet' where he tips the hotel bellhop with his Grammy, the bellhop takes one look at the award and throws it off a balcony, and someone off screen throws the 'trash' back up, hitting Homer in the head.

captmojo
09-15-2007, 09:40 AM
All of these award shows lost me years ago when after 30 years in the music game, the grammys decided to honor Eric Clapton like he was some kind of newcomer. On top of that, it was after some of the worst stuff I thought he had ever done.

There's too many of these things. Celebrity is much too celebrated right now. I'd like to see, for example, an award show to celebrate a jackhammer operator. They could call the trophy a JACKY. How about a plumber? An electrician? A truckdriver? Someone, come up with trophy titles.

colchar
09-16-2007, 04:10 AM
How about a plumber?

Someone, come up with trophy titles.

The Golden Plunger?

billybreen
09-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Since I can't hide profanity behind a string of random characters, there's no way to express my true feeling for the Emmys. What a trainwreck.

The last time I hated an awards show this much was the last awards show I saw.

knights68
09-17-2007, 07:49 AM
The Golden Plunger?
The Crappy?
Oh wait, that's the Emmys
What about the Johnny?

knights68
09-17-2007, 08:00 AM
Overall, how relavent can this award be when they give it willy nilly to anyone who will show up.... and even then.....

micah75
09-17-2007, 08:42 AM
This year there were no Emmys awarded in the Outstanding Voice-Over Performance juried area. This just bums me out big time. I'm staring out the window in bitter disappointment as I write this. :cool:

On the bright side, Late Night With Conan O'Brien finally won an award for best writing, comedy category. I'm sure Max, Pimpbot, Segue Sam, Triumph, and the rest of the crew are feeling mighty fine right about now.

mapei
09-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Plus, you had to love Louis Black.