PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Duke v. Stanford (TruTV, Sat 2130 EST) Pre-Game & In-Game Thread

pfrduke
11-22-2014, 12:23 AM
Time to go win a championship and start the pre-season tournament winning streak again.

Edouble
11-22-2014, 01:03 AM
I would love to see the team continue tonight where we left off against Temple: solid team defense, forcing 22 points off turnovers, and winning the battle on the boards. Let the shots fall where they may.

I would love to see Rasheed do something to jumpstart his value to the team, as I think he's a huge potential weapon... a samurai sword waiting to be honed if you will. Probably not going to happen on the second game of a back to back, but in the 15 minutes of PT that he will probably get, I'd love to see him play lock down D, generate a few turnovers or at least a few bad passes, crash the boards, and make good decisions on when to pass/when to shoot.

FireOgilvie
11-22-2014, 04:15 AM
This is going to be a tough one. Stanford is very big and very experienced. They start 3 seniors (6'2", 6'6", 6'11"), a junior (6'9"), and a McD's AA freshman (6'8"). They're coming off a big win over UNLV where they shot 14/20 from behind the arc and out-rebounded UNLV by 18. Plus, Johnny Dawkins knows all of our secrets...

Should be a good game.

kshepinthehouse
11-22-2014, 05:28 AM
Please tell me it's not on tru tv.

davekay1971
11-22-2014, 06:14 AM
According to goduke.com, the game is, indeed, on Tru TV, at 9:30 pm

kshepinthehouse
11-22-2014, 07:11 AM
Duke stanford on tru tv???

DevilWearsPrada
11-22-2014, 07:28 AM

We don't get Tru TV anymore, since it was eliminated from our package last year, along with 4 other networks. I searched online for a streaming of the Duke Temple game, but could not find a free stream. I listened to Duke Radio and and had live stats.

Someone, please post a streaming link for The Duke Stanford game!!!! This is a MUST SEE Game!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!

Why is Duke on Tru TV? This is a very good Coachs Cancer Tourney!!!

OldPhiKap
11-22-2014, 09:52 AM
Wow, favorite coach ever versus favorite player ever.

Love you Johnny, and will be pulling for you in every other game this year.

Saratoga2
11-22-2014, 11:18 AM
I would love to see the team continue tonight where we left off against Temple: solid team defense, forcing 22 points off turnovers, and winning the battle on the boards. Let the shots fall where they may.

I would love to see Rasheed do something to jumpstart his value to the team, as I think he's a huge potential weapon... a samurai sword waiting to be honed if you will. Probably not going to happen on the second game of a back to back, but in the 15 minutes of PT that he will probably get, I'd love to see him play lock down D, generate a few turnovers or at least a few bad passes, crash the boards, and make good decisions on when to pass/when to shoot.

Rasheed hasn't shown much as yet and may be a liability on the floor at this level. I hope he finds a way to play at a reasonable pace and make good decisions but it didn't happen last night. Can't afford to have a negative result from a player for 15 minutes against Stanford. Matt can play defense and is more solid at this point. Even Grayson may be a better option.

subzero02
11-22-2014, 11:23 AM
We are favored by 10.5... I'll be interested in seeing how Okafor performs tonight. He faced some adversity last night.

Clay Feet POF
11-22-2014, 11:54 AM
We are favored by 10.5... I'll be interested in seeing how Okafor performs tonight. He faced some adversity last night.

I believe Okafor has a much better game tonight. I think I counted 5-6 kisses off the board that rolled over the basket. I’m sure he’s working on that one.

Olympic Fan
11-22-2014, 12:01 PM
I'll be interested to see Reid Travis, a player we pursued pretty hard at one point.

Otherwise, the big thing will be to see Jahlil against a big, veteran center.

Love JD ... like OldPhiKap, I'll be pulling for you every other game this season.

Henderson
11-22-2014, 12:17 PM

I'm kind of ticked about this. I paid for a Goduke.com subscription thinking I'd be able to stream live video for all these games. Instead I'm paying $$ to listen to the flippin' radio, and I still have to endure endless adverts for fried pork rinds and the Washington Duke Inn. Oh well, at least Bob Harris is good.

mattman91
11-22-2014, 03:32 PM
Bump.

I can't believe this board would rather talk about UNC's trials and tribulations than the match-up with Johnny D tonight. I'm ashamed.

xinspiration
11-22-2014, 03:47 PM
We don't get Tru TV anymore, since it was eliminated from our package last year, along with 4 other networks. I searched online for a streaming of the Duke Temple game, but could not find a free stream. I listened to Duke Radio and and had live stats.

Someone, please post a streaming link for The Duke Stanford game!!!! This is a MUST SEE Game!!!!!

I watched the game last night on this stream: http://www.stream2watch.me/live-tv/tru-tv-live-stream

You'd need an extension like AdBlock for whichever internet browser you're using to avoid the pop-ups. Click on the white X box a few times and the stream should play!

Edouble
11-22-2014, 03:49 PM
Bump.

I can't believe this board would rather talk about UNC's trials and tribulations than the match-up with Johnny D tonight. I'm ashamed.

Seems like there might be a collective disappointment over many people not getting TruTV. If I couldn't watch this game, I would be crushed.

That's my best defense. I hope that Duke's defense is better than that tonight though. Ha ha ha. Go Devils!

SilkyJ
11-22-2014, 05:10 PM
I'll be interested to see Reid Travis, a player we pursued pretty hard at one point.

Otherwise, the big thing will be to see Jahlil against a big, veteran center.

Love JD ... like OldPhiKap, I'll be pulling for you every other game this season.

Didn't realize that Reid ended up being a Mickie D. He was 37th in the RSCI and not ranked higher than 27 by any major services. So far he seems to be earning his stripes tho.

subzero02
11-22-2014, 05:15 PM
I hope this isn't a trap game for us. In the past, Stanford has had a habit of tempering our optimism early in the season... I still don't like Casey Jacobsen.

SilkyJ
11-22-2014, 05:21 PM
I hope this isn't a trap game for us. In the past, Stanford has had a habit of tempering our optimism early in the season... I still don't like Casey Jacobsen.

Me neither, but Mark Madsen ain't walking...err dancing? (http://gifsoup.com/view/1936518/mark-madsen-dancing.html)...through that door.

roywhite
11-22-2014, 05:33 PM
Me neither, but Mark Madsen ain't walking...err dancing? (http://gifsoup.com/view/1936518/mark-madsen-dancing.html)...through that door.

Ha...yeah, it would be interesting to see this Duke team match up with the Stanford team of the late 1990's and into 2001....when they had the Collins brothers.

Edouble
11-22-2014, 06:29 PM
I still don't like Casey Jacobsen.

Well, it's Saturday, so the bank isn't open late.

Henderson
11-22-2014, 06:35 PM

I thought Okafor acquitted himself pretty well last night. He was drawing lots of double- and triple-teams, and he still did his thing. He passed out of those overloads a lot, but the shots from the outside weren't dropping. And the more of that physicality he sees, the more his inside game will improve. He'll learn to deal with it.

But you're right that he's likely to see more of that tonight and going forward. Stanford has some big bodies. My concern for tonight is fatigue. 5 games in 3 cities in 8 days? That's a lot to ask. It's good preparation for spring, but not even the NCAAT imposes that kind of schedule.

Regarding the point-spread: Duke is 4-0 against the spread in its games so far, suggesting they are consistently "over-performing" compared to the expectations of folks with money on the line. And it's not like they've been hiding from anyone.

Troublemaker
11-22-2014, 07:08 PM
Regarding the point-spread: Duke is 4-0 against the spread in its games so far, suggesting they are consistently "over-performing" compared to the expectations of folks with money on the line. And it's not like they've been hiding from anyone.

Yep. And Duke is 4-0 against KenPom's projections as well, and that is a system that rated Duke #1 to start the season so the projections were towards the high end. Needless to say, our team has played very well to begin this season.

Looking forward to seeing how Duke rebounds tonight. Stanford is very big and has been crushing folks on the boards, including a UNLV team with good size. Hoping Duke can keep it close or even win the battle of the boards. We do that and Duke will be 5-0 against the spread and KenPom's projection (which is Duke -9 tonight).

-jk
11-22-2014, 08:59 PM
DBR Chat (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/misc.php?do=cchatbox) is open.

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

I love me some Johnny D, but not tonight... Let's Go Duke!

-jk

ChrisP
11-22-2014, 09:11 PM
Ugh, looks like another late start. When I checked the UNLV-Temple score at about 8:50, there was like 5 minutes on the game clock and UNLV was up by about 11-12. What happened? I hate these late starts. I know our guys are young but still....9:45pm is awfully late to play a basketball game. Sometimes, TV sucks :(

SilkyJ
11-22-2014, 09:15 PM

-jk

Of the entire duke coaching tree he's going to be my least favorite to go against...but we'll see what happens if we ever play Marquette

riverside6
11-22-2014, 09:41 PM
Live tempo-based stats for Duke/Stanford here...

http://www.scacchoops.com/duke-at-tbd-basketball-live-stats-11222014

subzero02
11-22-2014, 10:08 PM
That was a man's rebound!!! Get it Justise

mattman91
11-22-2014, 10:15 PM
Very impressed with Winslow's rebounding and Quinn's shooting.

FerryFor50
11-22-2014, 10:17 PM
First time I've been able to watch Duke this year (been traveling the past month).

- The freshmen look legit. No jitters.
- LOVE how they share the ball.
- Cook playing off ball is great for him, I think. Keeps him fresh and reduces the pressure. Also love how he keeps his head in the game after bad plays so far.
- They don't force it to Jah. They spread the love.

Looking forward to the rest of the season!

duketaylor
11-22-2014, 10:25 PM
Almost halftime-good ball-movement, solid D, hitting some 3's, not much to complain about. Fouls under control. Very solid first half.

kAzE
11-22-2014, 10:26 PM
Wow . . . did I hear that correctly? I think Steve Smith just said Quinn Cook is "known more for his defense" than his shooting . . .

-jk
11-22-2014, 10:28 PM
DBR Chat (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/misc.php?do=cchatbox) is open. This is where it's at. C'mon by...

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

-jk

duketaylor
11-22-2014, 10:34 PM
Steve Smith must not've seen much Duke hoops the last couple of years, sheesh!!

Oke only has one foul, right? I like seeing plenty of Marshall early to spell him. K's gone, what, 8-deep so far, or 9?

I counted at least 6 made 3's by four different players, that bodes well.

arnie
11-22-2014, 10:36 PM
Wow . . . did I hear that correctly? I think Steve Smith just said Quinn Cook is "known more for his defense" than his shooting . . .

Heard that too- it's called no preparation and no knowledge of the players. He's heard the expression before and thought he'd use it.

Devilwin
11-22-2014, 10:41 PM
Good first half, except for Okafor. Not getting much from him..Yet. lol But it's coming in the second half.
Happy today. Son got home, just got out of the Navy after ten years. Seal Team 4, out of Little Creek, Virginia. It's been ten years of pride, and also worry. But it's over for him now. We are watching Duke together tonight, first time in four years!

striker219
11-22-2014, 10:46 PM
So I'm in the market for a new suit, does anyone know where I can pick up a new designer suit for around $199.99? I've looked everywhere and I'm stumped.

FerryFor50
11-22-2014, 10:46 PM
Oh great. 2nd half is going to be all touch fouls. Way to stay consistent, refs!

subzero02
11-22-2014, 10:50 PM
Good first half, except for Okafor. Not getting much from him..Yet. lol But it's coming in the second half.
Happy today. Son got home, just got out of the Navy after ten years. Seal Team 4, out of Little Creek, Virginia. It's been ten years of pride, and also worry. But it's over for him now. We are watching Duke together tonight, first time in four years!

Congratulations and enjoy the game...

arnie
11-22-2014, 10:52 PM
Almost halftime-good ball-movement, solid D, hitting some 3's, not much to complain about. Fouls under control. Very solid first half.

Continuing into 2nd half- didn't know if two point guard approach would work, it obviously will.

Gthoma2a
11-22-2014, 11:05 PM
Heard that too- it's called no preparation and no knowledge of the players. He's heard the expression before and thought he'd use it.

I was pretty sure he was talking about Matt.

Devilwin
11-22-2014, 11:08 PM
Sloppy play. Some bad calls going against us. Okafor is still invisible. Winslow horrible at free throw line. That's gotta stop!

DeBlueDevil
11-22-2014, 11:10 PM
has anyone else noticed how rasheed has been struggling?

FerryFor50
11-22-2014, 11:18 PM
Duke is really cranking up the defensive intensity the past few minutes. Nice killer instinct!

DevilWearsPrada
11-22-2014, 11:21 PM
I watched the game last night on this stream: http://www.stream2watch.me/live-tv/tru-tv-live-stream

You'd need an extension like AdBlock for whichever internet browser you're using to avoid the pop-ups. Click on the white X box a few times and the stream should play!

I could not get the link to work on my laptop or ipad. :D

dukelifer
11-22-2014, 11:26 PM
has anyone else noticed how rasheed has been struggling?

He was sick and they have played a lot of games in a short span. Not ready to call it a problem yet.

DeBlueDevil
11-22-2014, 11:28 PM
thanks dukelifer. i didn't realize he was sick. that explains why he hasn't looked like himself. makes sense. much appreciated.

Devilwin
11-22-2014, 11:30 PM
Okafor coming to life, finally. Tyus not having a good night. These freshmen need to practice free throws...