PDA

View Full Version : My 100%-Guaranteed, Take-It-To-The Bank Lock Prediction on Duke-ND

grc5
09-14-2007, 02:01 PM
The date the football team breaks its winless record?

November 17th

Circle the date on your calendar folks, the Blue Devils are going to march into South Bend and take down the Fighting Irish, putting the finishing touches on ND's miserable season and ending Charlie Weiss' tenure under the Golden Dome.

:D

In all serious, I know I'm dreaming, but if I were a football player, I would be chomping at the bit to take on a ND team that will have a target on its back all season long.

NW Indiana Dukie
09-14-2007, 02:19 PM
That would be GREAT. I am going to the game with a bunch of ND fans.:D

SoCalDukeFan
09-14-2007, 02:34 PM

November 17th

Circle the date on your calendar folks, the Blue Devils are going to march into South Bend and take down the Fighting Irish, putting the finishing touches on ND's miserable season and ending Charlie Weiss' tenure under the Golden Dome.

In all serious, I know I'm dreaming, but if I were a football player, I would be chomping at the bit to take on a ND team that will have a target on its back all season long.

I am that the losing streak is broken before the Notre Dame game.

SoCal

mapei
09-14-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm not sure that ND will have a target on its back in November. They may be largely irrelevant by then. I'm a fan, but this is shaping up like a down year.

madscavenger
09-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Notre Dame/ Michigan this weekend

Last one out of the parking lot has to go back and clean up the vomit (not to mention watch the halftime show).

SilkyJ
09-14-2007, 03:45 PM
Notre Dame/ Michigan this weekend

Last one out of the parking lot has to go back and clean up the vomit (not to mention watch the halftime show).

you can take this to the bank: we will set the div 1 record for most consecutive loses.

jimsumner
09-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Call me an incurable optimist but I'm looking for a win this month.

madscavenger
09-14-2007, 04:01 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1353/1382840966_cca1f1cd92_o.jpg

JasonEvans
09-14-2007, 09:25 PM
you can take this to the bank: we will set the div 1 record for most consecutive loses.

I'll give you a pass on this because you posted it before Jumbo's note went up. But I want posters to be warned... excessive negativity will not be tolerated. If you cannot frame your criticism and observations in a constructive and supportive fashion then take your posts elsewhere.

-Jason "I am serious, this kind of negativity will not be tolerated" Evans

TheTrain
09-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Easy killer, that was far from excessively negative. There are a lot of people including myself that believe that we will be staring at NW's futility record in 2008. There is room for more than one point of view here.

Jumbo
09-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Easy killer, that was far from excessively negative. There are a lot of people including myself that believe that we will be staring at NW's futility record in 2008. There is room for more than one point of view here.

Of course there's room for more than one point of view. But is it necessary to constantly harp on this losing streak? It's not a point of view -- it's piling on. What did the post in question add to the conversation? [Insert sound of crickets chirping...]

Wander
09-15-2007, 12:49 AM
Of course there's room for more than one point of view. But is it necessary to constantly harp on this losing streak? It's not a point of view -- it's piling on. What did the post in question add to the conversation? [Insert sound of crickets chirping...]

The entire thread is about Duke's losing streak. The original poster implied we're going to lose our next 7 games, but noone's complained about that. I hate the fact that Dukies are terrible football fans, but I don't see why this post in question needs to be targeted.

JasonEvans
09-15-2007, 10:02 AM
The entire thread is about Duke's losing streak. The original poster implied we're going to lose our next 7 games, but noone's complained about that. I hate the fact that Dukies are terrible football fans, but I don't see why this post in question needs to be targeted.

If you have nothing but negative things to say about Duke football, if you cannot at least be thoughtful and constructive in your criticism, then the DBR and the moderators ask that you don't bother to post your negative comments here.

I was merely taking Silky's post and using it as a reminder to everyone.

--Jason "before you write about football, pretend you are at a podium with Roof and the team staring back at you-- maybe that will temper some of the negativity" Evans

captmojo
09-15-2007, 10:10 AM
That Bob Hopeistic (my new word) signature line is your best, Jason.

Ima Facultiwyfe
09-15-2007, 10:13 AM
That's a great suggestion.....that "on the podium with Roof" thing. We should carry that over to other sports commentaries, too.
Bless your heart. Love. Ima

arnie
09-15-2007, 12:19 PM
If we continue to lose every week, posters are going to have trouble finding anything positive to say about football. If we want to keep things positive on this board, maybe football conversation should move to its own board. Just a suggestion.

Jumbo
09-15-2007, 12:43 PM
If we continue to lose every week, posters are going to have trouble finding anything positive to say about football. If we want to keep things positive on this board, maybe football conversation should move to its own board. Just a suggestion.

It's not just this board. Every board has to improve in its tone. And it's not that everything has to be "positive." We just need to get out of the trap of being repetitively destructively negative. We all know exactly how bad the situation is with football right now. So unless someone has something new to add, what's the point in whining about the same thing, over and over?

throatybeard
09-15-2007, 12:54 PM
So unless someone has something new to add, what's the point in whining about the same thing, over and over?

Oooh, oooh, I know!

It gives me more material for the Handy Pocket Reference.

Bluedawg
09-15-2007, 01:18 PM

November 17th

All though I think ND is beatable by Duke I still say they break it today!

grc5
09-15-2007, 10:35 PM
All though I think ND is beatable by Duke I still say they break it today!

That's the crux of my arguement. Although I hope Duke wins tonight, I know they can take on ND, especially after the laugher they put up today. If a crummy team like Michigan can shut them out...:D

ehdg
09-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Thankfully our boys tonight made this thread and talk of setting a record for futility null and void!! Now hopefully all the nay sayers will be willing to give our guys a chance and start seeing good things. Come on folks there still room to jump on this band wagon and root for our football team. These guys have showed some heart and really fought tonight specially with the stops they made at the end.

JasonEvans
09-16-2007, 10:12 AM
Regarding Notre Dame--

On ESPN this morning, one of the college football analysts was talking about the Notre Dame offense and he spoke about the fact that they cannot do even the simple stuff like blocking on a basic run play. He concluded by saying, "this is not only the worst offense in all of Division-1 (he called it by its real name, whatever that is) football, but I think it is the worst offense I have seen in at least the past 5 years."

Maybe we will have a chance against the Golden Domers?!?!

--Jason "gotta be postive!!" Evans

Indoor66
09-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Regarding Notre Dame--

On ESPN this morning, one of the college football analysts was talking about the Notre Dame offense and he spoke about the fact that they cannot do even the simple stuff like blocking on a basic run play. He concluded by saying, "this is not only the worst offense in all of Division-1 (he called it by its real name, whatever that is) football, but I think it is the worst offense I have seen in at least the past 5 years."

Roof is a genius! :D

dukie8
09-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Regarding Notre Dame--

if i were notre dame, i would be more than a little nervous about the duke game.

throatybeard
09-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Regarding Notre Dame--

I wonder if Colin Cowherd still worships Charlie Weis.

Lavabe
09-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Regarding Notre Dame--

So long as loran calls the games on SNRUBCHAT, we have a chance.:D

Cheers,
Lavabe

JasonEvans
09-16-2007, 11:55 AM
So long as loran calls the games on SNRUBCHAT, we have a chance.:D

Loran rules!!!

--Jason "Boyle up-the-middle for 1" Evans

Bostondevil
09-16-2007, 01:24 PM
And who would get the easy win?

VaDukie
09-16-2007, 01:25 PM
And who would get the easy win?

way ahead of you:

http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&KEY=&SPID=1843&SPSID=22666

Take a look at Nov. 17th

Bostondevil
09-16-2007, 01:25 PM
I should have read this thread before I started a new one regarding Duke playing Notre Dame. Go Devils!

grc5
11-07-2007, 07:18 AM
"Who'd A Thunk It?"

I DID!

I'm suing Bob Molinaro for plagarism: he obviously stole my "Circle Nov. 17th" idea.

That said, I was wrong about my first win of the season prediction, but we're all happy I was wrong about that one :D