PDA

View Full Version : The "I'm not going to jinx it" thread

Pages : [1] 2

Ultrarunner
11-16-2014, 01:00 PM
Every year we get upset threads and then jinx the underdog. This year, let's try something different.

Any time we see an upset brewing, say Bobby Hurley's Buffalo squad taking on some Wildcats, we talk about field hockey, or beer, or gardening.

Of course, as with the observer effect suggests that simply one's awareness is enough to jinx the whole dang enterprise.

juise
11-16-2014, 01:04 PM
Every year we get upset threads and then jinx the underdog. This year, let's try something different.

Any time we see an upset brewing, say Bobby Hurley's Buffalo squad taking on some Wildcats, we talk about field hockey, or beer, or gardening.

Of course, as with the observer effect suggests that simply one's awareness is enough to jinx the whole dang enterprise.

I hope Cal has a third platoon of future lottery picks somewhere... to help with his garden, of course. ;)

Tripping William
11-16-2014, 01:12 PM
May I suggest that, if someone is also inclined to say things mid-Duke-game like "we're gonna win this by 30 points," he/she comes here to t-t-talk about the weather (hey hey)? This thread could therefore double as an anti-weauxfgods thread. Because yesterday.

uh_no
11-16-2014, 01:15 PM
UK gave up a 109 to buffalo in the first half.....that's absurdly poor.

AncientPsychicT
11-16-2014, 01:19 PM
UK gave up a 109 to buffalo in the first half.....that's absurdly poor.

Did you see the thread title? :mad: :mad:

Tripping William
11-16-2014, 01:22 PM
So, I gotta say, I was in The Valley of the Sun for much of last week and, although the golfing conditions were awesome, the local beer was meh.

Ultrarunner
11-16-2014, 01:29 PM
So, I gotta say, I was in The Valley of the Sun for much of last week and, although the golfing conditions were awesome, the local beer was meh.

Living in an area without 'local' beers, I'm not so picky. I've got a son-in-law who's starting to homebrew, and he's turned out a couple of good batches. He's playing with mead lately but I haven't had a chance to sample.

uh_no
11-16-2014, 01:47 PM
for teams in general: even if you have talent, poor shot selection and lack of effort on defense will not get you too far.

Des Esseintes
11-16-2014, 01:52 PM
for teams in general: even if you have talent, poor shot selection and lack of effort on defense will not get you too far.

I think you're still missing the spirit of the thread.

bbosbbos
11-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Sorry, I was wrong yesterday. But have you made any mistakes before? If you do not like what I said just ignore my words.

May I suggest that, if someone is also inclined to say things mid-Duke-game like "we're gonna win this by 30 points," he/she comes here to t-t-talk about the weather (hey hey)? This thread could therefore double as an anti-weauxfgods thread. Because yesterday.

duke4ever19
11-16-2014, 02:07 PM
Jinxes?

I just put together a little something to curse a certain game.

Ingredients:

2 bottles of white rum
2/3 liter of dry white wine
1 cup Triple Sec
juice of 10 oranges
juice of 6 lemons
20-ounce can of pineapple chunks, drained
1 cup of sugar
2 vanilla beans, split
2 nutmegs, ground
2-ounces of muira puama tincture, preferably in a base of vegetable glycerin and alcohol 1-2 ounces of damiana tincture 2 whole oranges studded with cloves a handful of fresh or dried rose petals

Oh crap, I think that was the love potion. Forgot to adjust the recipe.

Ultrarunner
11-16-2014, 02:11 PM
Sorry, I was wrong yesterday. But have you made any mistakes before? If you do not like what I said just ignore my words.

Breathe, please. No one has thrown down any gauntlets that require pistols at dawn.

Now, since the game I was watching is over and thus the purpose of the thread expired with it, I need to figure how to prune a cherry tree. Until 3PM, that is, when I hope to be back, talking about gardening, or beer, or the quality of golf in the Valley of the Sun.

Ultrarunner
11-16-2014, 02:14 PM
Jinxes?

I just put together a little something to curse a certain game.

Ingredients:

2 bottles of white rum
2/3 liter of dry white wine
1 cup Triple Sec
juice of 10 oranges
juice of 6 lemons
20-ounce can of pineapple chunks, drained
1 cup of sugar
2 vanilla beans, split
2 nutmegs, ground
2-ounces of muira puama tincture, preferably in a base of vegetable glycerin and alcohol 1-2 ounces of damiana tincture 2 whole oranges studded with cloves a handful of fresh or dried rose petals

Oh crap, I think that was the love potion. Forgot to adjust the recipe.

I'm hoping you have friends to share that with . . .

Selover
11-16-2014, 02:45 PM

You should have stopped by Four Peaks Brewery on 8th St. in Tempe! Fantastic food to go with some pretty good brews! One of my favorite places while I was going to school out there!

devildeac
11-16-2014, 03:10 PM

Living in an area without 'local' beers, I'm not so picky. I've got a son-in-law who's starting to homebrew, and he's turned out a couple of good batches. He's playing with mead lately but I haven't had a chance to sample.

Wrong thread. These belong here:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?3840-Ymm-Beer

Gratuitous solicitation for more readers and posters:o

devildeac
11-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Breathe, please. No one has thrown down any gauntlets that require pistols at dawn.

Now, since the game I was watching is over and thus the purpose of the thread expired with it, I need to figure how to prune a cherry tree. Until 3PM, that is, when I hope to be back, talking about gardening, or beer, or the quality of golf in the Valley of the Sun.

Why no Pistols at Dawn? I'd be happy to share one of these with you or almost anyone:

http://www.loneriderbeer.com/beers/most-wanted/

Pistols At Dawn

High noon will have to take a backseat as the fresh morning air is perfect for a duel. We present our stout brewed with roasted malts, oats, lactose, and locally produced chocolate and coffee. A rich, dark velvety beer with a fine oatmeal flavor. 7.5% ABV.

Ultrarunner
11-16-2014, 03:32 PM
Why no Pistols at Dawn? I'd be happy to share one of these with you or almost anyone:

http://www.loneriderbeer.com/beers/most-wanted/

Pistols At Dawn

High noon will have to take a backseat as the fresh morning air is perfect for a duel. We present our stout brewed with roasted malts, oats, lactose, and locally produced chocolate and coffee. A rich, dark velvety beer with a fine oatmeal flavor. 7.5% ABV.

Okay, I take it back. Pistols at Dawn sounds like a fine idea. It would sound even better if I lived within 2000 miles of Raleigh.

devildeac
11-16-2014, 04:40 PM
Okay, I take it back. Pistols at Dawn sounds like a fine idea. It would sound even better if I lived within 2000 miles of Raleigh.

I'll see if I can find one to sip in your honor this winter. I had one last year. Very nice, smooth beer;).

Tripping William
11-16-2014, 05:39 PM

Actually, you never know, I might be Ol' Roy The Nazarene. :)

davekay1971
11-16-2014, 05:45 PM

Sometimes you just gotta laugh and face-palm. That post turned out to be an EPIC jinx.

Just so you know I'm not picking on you, in fall 1992, following Duke's second back to back championship, I told a UNC undergrad that Duke was SURE to be a final four team because we returned Hurley, Hill, Hill, Parks, etc, while UNC was going to suck because they started some guy named Henrik Rodl. Eight months later, Duke had been bounced in the first weekend by Jason Kidd and Dean and the boys were raising the NCAAT championship trophy.

We've all had that moment.

davekay1971
11-16-2014, 05:47 PM
I'll see if I can find one to sip in your honor this winter. I had one last year. Very nice, smooth beer;).

Lonerider is an excellent brewery. As is Aviator. ROAD TRIP!

Tripping William
11-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Sometimes you just gotta laugh and face-palm. That post turned out to be an EPIC jinx.

Just so you know I'm not picking on you, in fall 1992, following Duke's second back to back championship, I told a UNC undergrad that Duke was SURE to be a final four team because we returned Hurley, Hill, Hill, Parks, etc, while UNC was going to suck because they started some guy named Henrik Rodl. Eight months later, Duke had been bounced in the first weekend by Jason Kidd and Dean and the boys were raising the NCAAT championship trophy.

We've all had that moment.

I thought that, but-for Kyrie's $&@* toe, 2011 was going to be our second back-to-back championship. Did I miss one? (Teasing; I'm usually not "that guy," but this made me chuckle.)

devildeac
11-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Lonerider is an excellent brewery. As is Aviator. ROAD TRIP!

Any time.

Tripping William
11-16-2014, 07:05 PM
I was soooo hoping to discuss brewer-and-patriot Robert Morris. Alas.

mattman91
11-16-2014, 07:39 PM
Ska Brewing - Modus Hoperandi, in the mood for hops. Lots of pine on the nose and taste.

Wait...

Wrong thread?

Ultrarunner
11-16-2014, 08:45 PM
Ska Brewing - Modus Hoperandi, in the mood for hops. Lots of pine on the nose and taste.

Wait...

Wrong thread?

Nope, you're fine.

I'm just thinking I should have put out the upset alert for Tommy - maybe we could have forestalled a loss to Holy Cross by jinxing the whole deal.

Not sure it would have worked, but we coulda said we tried.

Wander
11-19-2014, 10:19 PM

Cool. New non-topic of conversation: I hear the weather in Irvine is pretty nice this time of year.

Ultrarunner
11-19-2014, 11:23 PM
Cool. New non-topic of conversation: I hear the weather in Irvine is pretty nice this time of year.

Omaha isn't. Sooner go someplace less chilly.

brevity
11-20-2014, 06:56 PM
"I miss Lee Iacocca," said Ann, thinking back to her broken Crisler, half of it left near Motor City.

Ultrarunner
11-20-2014, 08:49 PM
"Gentlemen, start your engines . . . "

Ultrarunner
11-21-2014, 08:26 PM
One thing I've wanted to do for years is run the Boston Marathon. It's unlikely to happen, but it's nice to have a little dream.

Tripping William
11-21-2014, 08:32 PM
I'm thinking the Boston Red Sox might bounce back next year, too. Also a long shot, but, hey.

Ultrarunner
11-21-2014, 08:44 PM
I'm thinking the Boston Red Sox might bounce back next year, too. Also a long shot, but, hey.

You might head on down to the Grapefruit League and check them out early. Can't root for the Sox, though. Grew up an O's fan. Unless they're playing the Yankees, of course.

Tripping William
11-21-2014, 08:48 PM
I'm craving baked beans. And a creme pie. Is that wrong of me?

AncientPsychicT
11-21-2014, 11:56 PM

HEY! This is supposed to be the "don't jinx it" thread! :mad: :mad:

brevity
11-22-2014, 02:10 PM
People like that flannel-and-backpack image, but if you're not an actual mountaineer, I think it looks kind of hokie.

devildeac
11-22-2014, 03:30 PM
People like that flannel-and-backpack image, but if you're not an actual mountaineer, I think it looks kind of hokie.

I see what you did there.

Might you be pokie-ing fun at the turkeys?

OldPhiKap
11-22-2014, 03:56 PM
I see what you did there.

Might you be pokie-ing fun at the turkeys?

I'm just Wake-ing up, anything good on?

Tripping William
11-22-2014, 06:27 PM
We have eagles nearby, and I hate what they do, on a semi-regular basis, to my azaleas and pansies. Any suggestions?

Duvall
11-22-2014, 06:32 PM
We have eagles nearby, and I hate what they do, on a semi-regular basis, to my azaleas and pansies. Any suggestions?

Yes, I suggest you root for the team that won't send Duke to Shreveport.

Tripping William
11-22-2014, 06:52 PM
Yes, I suggest you root for the team that won't send Duke to Shreveport.

Here in Winston, I don't keep a close Tally on such things, but I am guessing we better avoid Shreveport with a plate of crab legs and a donation of free shoes. Yes, I held my nose.

OldPhiKap
11-22-2014, 07:13 PM
Here in Winston, I don't keep a close Tally on such things, but I am guessing we better avoid Shreveport with a plate of crab legs and a donation of free shoes. Yes, I held my nose.

Would not be surprised to see a gator dance next week. Or a busy bee the week after. The trail of tears starts in the panhandle.

Ultrarunner
11-22-2014, 09:23 PM
Checking ESPN. I see that Transylvania - a team with no record, no mascot, and no reflection - is losing or has lost, to Lipscomb.

Wife asked about the most popular major. Daughter answered phlebotomy.

Clearly, I've been a bad influence on my kids.

El_Diablo
11-22-2014, 09:30 PM
People like that flannel-and-backpack image, but if you're not an actual TBD, I think it looks kind of TBD.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400585904

brevity
11-24-2014, 09:23 PM
"Eastern is my favorite direction. The others are kind of a Wash," he said. "Who's yours?"

El_Diablo
11-24-2014, 09:27 PM
People like that flannel-and-backpack image, but if you're not an actual TBD, I think it looks kind of TBD.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400585904

Well, looks like ESPN finally fixed the box score, so my previous comment doesn't apply any longer. It was previously posted as "TBD" vs. "TBD."

Tripping William
11-25-2014, 08:34 PM
Does anyone else have trouble herding wild cats? Especially in Manhattan?

weezie
11-25-2014, 08:53 PM

You speak of the Hawaiian Hoedown? How can TJ McConnell always be a sophomore in college?

Tripping William
11-25-2014, 09:04 PM
I may need a can of Miller Lite.

OldPhiKap
11-25-2014, 09:33 PM
Frank Martin has some for you, even from Columbia.

Bluegrassdevil1
11-25-2014, 09:37 PM
There is no better place to visit during the holidays than Manhattan. The lights in Aggieville's Triangle Park, the shopping at the Town Center, ice skating in City Park. Truly, my friends, there is no place like Manhattan when you have turkey in your tummy and Santa in your sternum.

devildeac
11-25-2014, 10:00 PM
I may need a can of Miller Lite.

After posting about Ten Fidy, you should be royally (blue) embarrassed about this entry. :o

OldPhiKap
11-25-2014, 10:12 PM
After posting about Ten Fidy, you should be royally (blue) embarrassed about this entry. :o

I had a growler of Ten Fidy last weekend. Woke up on Wednesday.

That stuff is coffee-flavored NyQuil. In a meal.

Ultrarunner
11-25-2014, 10:12 PM
I would like to take a sec and point out that the Terps currently lead #13 Iowa State by a point or three. Not that I'm trying to jinx things for the B1G whatever. . . nope, wouldn't dream of doing that. Not me.

Honest!

devildeac
11-25-2014, 10:17 PM
I would like to take a sec and point out that the Terps currently lead #13 Iowa State by a point or three. Not that I'm trying to jinx things for the B1G whatever. . . nope, wouldn't dream of doing that. Not me.

Honest!

I sense an "overspray" coming. Or perhaps a $500K evening of Comcrap cable burning, bottle throwing and vehicular immolation.

Tripping William
11-26-2014, 10:36 AM
I think this thread is broken, and I think I know who did it. Could someone fix this before, say, Noon Eastern?

Troublemaker
11-26-2014, 01:18 PM
I think this thread is broken, and I think I know who did it. Could someone fix this before, say, Noon Eastern?

The Butler did it?

Troublemaker
11-26-2014, 01:33 PM
We both suspect the butler did it, William. I hope we're right because false accusations make me Nassau-eous. Especially if we're wrong in this case.

Duvall
11-26-2014, 01:34 PM
Has this thread worked, even once?

grad_devil
11-26-2014, 01:36 PM

I guess we'll find out in...oh...8:44.

Troublemaker
11-26-2014, 01:37 PM
Tis not the season for your cynicism, Duvall. Take your exclamations of "Ba! Hamas-bug" elsewhere.

sagegrouse
11-26-2014, 01:43 PM
I guess we'll find out in...oh...8:44.

Mm-mm-mm-mm! Gasp! I can't seem to speak.

FerryFor50
11-26-2014, 01:49 PM

60% of the time, it works every time.

timmy c
11-26-2014, 01:54 PM
"The Way of All Flesh" could be an interesting read. It is an interesting look at Victorian hypocrisy. You know the one, it's written by samuel Butler.

OldPhiKap
11-26-2014, 01:55 PM
Mm-mm-mm-mm! Gasp! I can't seem to speak.

With Atlantis being underwater, that's understandable.

Troublemaker
11-26-2014, 01:59 PM
Words won't feed the Bulldogs anyway.

Troublemaker
11-26-2014, 02:08 PM
With Atlantis being underwater, that's understandable.

Being far underwater means a lot of pressure. Hopefully there are no cracks.

nocilla
11-26-2014, 02:09 PM
Something smells... I hope the Butler takes out the trash...

moonpie23
11-26-2014, 02:10 PM
dum de dum dum dum......do do do dum....

OldPhiKap
11-26-2014, 02:18 PM
Something smells... I hope the Butler takes out the trash...

Taking it over and back

fisheyes
11-26-2014, 02:21 PM
The trash is in a locked can!

OldPhiKap
Woof. Thread wins.

DukeDiva
Basically over! Butler wins!

tbyers11
11-26-2014, 02:23 PM
I was so adamant to not jinx the possibility of UNC losing that I didn't even up this thread until the game was over.

Yay Butler! GTHC!

brevity
11-26-2014, 04:48 PM

Glad you asked...

I was soooo hoping to discuss brewer-and-patriot Robert Morris. Alas.

FAIL!
UNC 103, Robert Morris 59

FAIL!
Arizona 71, Cal-Irvine 54

Omaha isn't. Sooner go someplace less chilly.

SUCCESS!
Creighton 65, Oklahoma 63

"I miss Lee Iacocca," said Ann, thinking back to her broken Crisler, half of it left near Motor City.

FAIL!
Michigan 71, Detroit 62

"Gentlemen, start your engines . . . "

SUCCESS!
Indiana 74, SMU 68

One thing I've wanted to do for years is run the Boston Marathon. It's unlikely to happen, but it's nice to have a little dream.

FAIL!
Kentucky 89, Boston U 65

"Eastern is my favorite direction. The others are kind of a Wash," he said. "Who's yours?"

SUCCESS!
Eastern Washington 88, Indiana 86

FAIL!
Arizona 72, Kansas State 68

SUCCESS!
Butler 74, UNC 66

Ultrarunner
11-26-2014, 07:14 PM

The one time it had to! Good 'nuf.

Tripping William
11-26-2014, 07:23 PM
Glad you asked...

FAIL!
UNC 103, Robert Morris 59

FAIL!
Arizona 71, Cal-Irvine 54

SUCCESS!
Creighton 65, Oklahoma 63

FAIL!
Michigan 71, Detroit 62

SUCCESS!
Indiana 74, SMU 68

FAIL!
Kentucky 89, Boston U 65

SUCCESS!
Eastern Washington 88, Indiana 86

FAIL!
Arizona 72, Kansas State 68

SUCCESS!
Butler 74, UNC 66

So, I'm 1-2? Sweet. Actually 1-3: I had a FAIL on BC/F$U football, too. Not so sweet.

rsvman
11-26-2014, 11:24 PM
I hear that sunny Southern California is a good place for homeless kittens since the weather is mild all year round.

Tripping William
11-27-2014, 08:08 AM
I hear that sunny Southern California is a good place for homeless kittens since the weather is mild all year round.

Good timing. Glad you didn't post sooner. :cool:

Tripping William
11-27-2014, 04:24 PM
I don't mean to badger anyone on Turkey Day, but I keep telling my friend, Jack, that he needs to watch out for the rocks. And he always replies, "What rocks?" How can I help him without making him mad?

OldPhiKap
11-27-2014, 04:37 PM
I don't mean to badger anyone on Turkey Day, but I keep telling my friend, Jack, that he needs to watch out for the rocks. And he always replies, "What rocks?" How can I help him without making him mad?

Some rocks look like Bulldogs, for reasons which are all Greek and pig-Latin to me. Not sure what they look like on a dairy cheese farm though.

Tripping William
11-27-2014, 05:15 PM
I'll be frank: Jack's beau (sp?), Madison, has really Bucky teeth.

Gewebe14
11-27-2014, 07:05 PM
If anyone wanted to watch "The Silence of the Rams" horror movie on this beautiful thanksgiving night on time warner in chapel hill would anyone know what channel (#) to look for??? Thanks!

OldPhiKap
11-27-2014, 08:49 PM
If anyone wanted to watch "The Silence of the Rams" horror movie on this beautiful thanksgiving night on time warner in chapel hill would anyone know what channel (#) to look for??? Thanks!

Check this site, put in your zip code:

http://www.axs.tv/subscribe/

devildeac
11-29-2014, 03:18 PM
Contrary to NC law, wolves are not an endangered species in the state and especially not in Orange County.

devildeac
11-29-2014, 03:19 PM
I'll go out on a limb here and say not even Debby Crowder could fix things today.

Ultrarunner
11-29-2014, 07:52 PM
I'll go out on a limb here and say not even Debby Crowder could fix things today.

Sometimes it's just easier to paper over the problems. That, of course, does not change the reality on the ground.

brevity
11-30-2014, 03:16 PM
Can't stand this bluegrass on my lawn. If there is a divine power up there, please put an end to it.

moonpie23
11-30-2014, 03:25 PM
i've always liked the state of RI...

Tripping William
12-03-2014, 08:34 PM
"M*A*S*H 4077, Captain Pierce speaking."

OldPhiKap
12-03-2014, 08:52 PM

LOL, I was thinking of my favorite TV character earlier too. He was from Maine but probably liked upper Midwest snow too.

Ultrarunner
12-03-2014, 08:55 PM

"Hawkeye, it's Trapper. Get ready, there's misfiring rounds going off all over the joint."

Ultrarunner
12-03-2014, 09:21 PM
It might also be time to head for the chapel, the biggish one.

arnie
12-03-2014, 09:32 PM
It might also be time to head for the chapel, the biggish one.

It worked again!

jacone21
12-03-2014, 09:35 PM
http://feckis.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/hawkeye_psd_jpgcopy.jpg

OldPhiKap
12-03-2014, 09:35 PM
"Hawkeye, it's Trapper. Get ready, there's misfiring rounds going off all over the joint."

"Suicide is painless
It beings on many changes
But I can take or leave it
If I please"

Ultrarunner
12-03-2014, 09:36 PM
And they said it would never work . . .

Tripping William
12-03-2014, 09:39 PM
Some credit to Corporal Walter O'Reilly from Ottumwa. :)

Ultrarunner
12-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Some credit to Corporal Walter O'Reilly from Ottumwa. :)

Askin' for a little Radar Love, are ya?

Tripping William
12-03-2014, 10:37 PM
Askin' for a little Radar Love, are ya?

I think Uncle Ed was leading the cheers.

Ultrarunner
12-03-2014, 11:08 PM
I think Uncle Ed was leading the cheers.

How convenient.

Also just discovered I can't spork you again - yet.

devildeac
12-04-2014, 08:05 AM
"We can be cold
As our falling thermometer in December
If you ask about our weather in July.
And we're so by God stubborn
We can stand touchin' noses
For a week at a time
And never see eye-to-eye.
But we'll give you our shirt
And a back to go with it
If your crops should happen to die."

brevity
12-05-2014, 08:12 PM
I was hoping for some Longhorn Steakhouse takeout. The portions are so big! When I get a 26-ouncer, I have to loosen my tie, and half of my serving is still left.

CameronBlue
12-05-2014, 08:20 PM
I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Rick Barnes. I think they call it an aneurysm

weezie
12-05-2014, 08:23 PM
I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Rick Barnes. I think they call it an aneurysm

Oh seriously, waaaay too funny! :D:D:D

Dev11
12-05-2014, 09:20 PM
Uconn lost to Yale. That's all I got.

-jk
12-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Uconn lost to Yale. That's all I got.

45-44. Ick...

-jk

Ultrarunner
12-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Does Jayhawk taste like chicken?

jacone21
12-05-2014, 10:58 PM

Meh I think alligator tastes more like chicken than Jayhawk does.

duke96
12-05-2014, 11:01 PM

Too funny. Sporks!

Ultrarunner
12-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Meh I think alligator tastes more like chicken than Jayhawk does.

Nope, now that I'm chewing on it, it reminds me of . . . crow, I think.

Yep, definitely crow.

brevity
12-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Movie mashup: Highlander vs. Wolverine. Who you got? There can be only one.

duke96
12-06-2014, 02:04 PM

That is really pathetic!

Ps (the loss, that is!).

Duvall
12-06-2014, 02:06 PM

Wolverines are apparently not the best there are at what they do.

Wander
12-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Georgia Tech just lost to USC Upstate at home. I'm not coming up with a clever allusion to yellow jackets because I'm not sure a bottom ACC team losing to anyone is surprising to anyone at this point. Ugh.

brevity
12-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Collegiate cheeseheads are poking the eye of the hurricane.

Tripping William
12-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Collegiate cheeseheads are poking the eye of the hurricane.

When it comes to non-Carolina ACC non-conference games, can we set this thread up with an "I do want to jinx it" tab? For situations like Tech and Miami today? Ugh.

Wander
12-06-2014, 04:36 PM
To be fair, Green Bay is not awful, and may be a popular upset pick in March. Not a "good" loss at home, but still.

AncientPsychicT
12-06-2014, 04:54 PM
To be fair, Green Bay is not awful, and may be a popular upset pick in March. Not a "good" loss at home, but still.

2 days ago, Green Bay lost by 24 points to Georgia State. Miami was playing at home. This was a terrible loss.

Tripping William
12-06-2014, 05:04 PM
2 days ago, Green Bay lost by 24 points to Georgia State. Miami was playing at home. This was a terrible loss.

Transitive Property Conclusion: This loss says more about Illinois than anyone else? 😎

brevity
12-06-2014, 05:15 PM
When it comes to non-Carolina ACC non-conference games, can we set this thread up with an "I do want to jinx it" tab? For situations like Tech and Miami today? Ugh.

If you want Georgia Tech and Miami to win, start an Upset Alert thread. (Like whoever did the Kentucky-Texas thread yesterday.)

mr. synellinden
12-06-2014, 05:33 PM
That is really pathetic!

Ps (the loss, that is!).

A loss at home to the #261 KenPom ranked team? Chaminadish.

Tripping William
12-06-2014, 05:48 PM
If you want Georgia Tech and Miami to win, start an Upset Alert thread. (Like whoever did the Kentucky-Texas thread yesterday.)

Oh, right. I forgot about protocol. And reverse psychology.

Tripping William
12-06-2014, 06:55 PM
Outside in the cold distance .....

Two riders [from Spokane] were approaching, the wind begin to howl ....

arnie
12-06-2014, 07:05 PM
Outside in the cold distance .....

Two riders [from Spokane] were approaching, the wind begin to howl ....

I always thought cactus flowered before Christmas?

Tripping William
12-06-2014, 07:07 PM
I always thought cactus flowered before Christmas?

A Few believe that.

Tripping William
12-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Cats > Dogs.

And, speaking of Christmas, Red > Orange

SMH@ACC

AncientPsychicT
12-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Cats > Dogs.

And, speaking of Christmas, Red > Orange

SMH@ACC

FFS, Syracuse. If you're gonna be the new Maryland, at least try to be respectable.

On a related note, my goodness, our home games are terrible this year. Seriously, after this week, I don't think we'll have a ranked team on our home schedule other than UNC, and they haven't exactly been world beaters this year. If UNC keeps chucking up bricks and losing to bubble teams at home (not to mention losing to the good teams on their schedule), Notre Dame just might become our best home game of the year.

In fact, there's a chance the game at St. John's could end up our third toughest game during conference season, after @UVA and @Lewisville. SMH@ACC indeed.

Ultrarunner
12-07-2014, 10:46 PM
What's the worst shooting percentage you've ever seen from a Top 25 team? The Mayans may have gotten the end of the world wrong, but the Aztecs could spit and miss the ocean while bobbing from a life raft in the middle of the Pacific.

burnspbesq
12-08-2014, 10:04 PM
So much for Yale sneaking up on Florida.

OldPhiKap
12-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Sometimes a state takes on a whole country. Even if that country is mainly known for futbol, they can put some kids on the court.

Espn2

lotusland
12-10-2014, 07:44 PM
There's a cat fight causing an interRUPPtion on ESPN now. Not likely to last long however.

moonpie23
12-10-2014, 07:46 PM
the capital of SC is a hot place........i grew up there...

OldPhiKap
12-10-2014, 07:49 PM
There's a cat fight causing an interRUPPtion on ESPN now. Not likely to last long however.

the capital of SC is a hot place........i grew up there...

Their coach could hardly contain his smile at the halftime interview.

I hope he knows that Evil Kitty is fixin' to blow into town.

mr. synellinden
12-10-2014, 07:50 PM

Well, at the halftime inteRUPPtion, there still is an ugly blue shaded cat fight going on.

OldPhiKap
12-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Well, at the halftime inteRUPPtion, there still is an ugly blue shaded cat fight going on.

Someone may already be looking ahead to whipping a different baby blue team Saturday . . . .

Duke95
12-10-2014, 07:56 PM
Someone may already be looking ahead to whipping a different baby blue team Saturday . . . .

UNC has been practicing spelling Kentucky all week in preparation for the showdown.

bbosbbos
12-10-2014, 07:59 PM
Can UNC bb players write abc? Doubt it.

UNC has been practicing spelling Kentucky all week in preparation for the showdown.

OldPhiKap
12-10-2014, 08:00 PM

Yeah, but they keep messing it ip by spelling it Ketuncky.

Don't worry though -- still all made the Dean's list.

lotusland
12-10-2014, 08:11 PM

UK UNC should be an absolute brickfest.

Ultrarunner
12-10-2014, 08:26 PM

A certain baby blue team is really hoping that the jinx is working because they really don't want to deal with semi-feral kitties.

Duke95
12-10-2014, 08:52 PM

Come on man. Give them a break. Wisconsin was on the spelling list last week.

OldPhiKap
12-10-2014, 08:59 PM
Come on man. Give them a break. Wisconsin was on the spelling list last week.

Well, only for the upperclassmen.

moonpie23
12-11-2014, 09:05 PM
our next opponent is glowing...

OldPhiKap
12-11-2014, 09:22 PM
our next opponent is glowing...

Are they pregnant?

Tripping William
12-13-2014, 12:36 PM
I'm confused about how this thread is supposed to function early this afternoon. I guess another thread is sorta addressing that?

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
12-13-2014, 12:49 PM
How does one jinx.... that which is unjinxable?

OldPhiKap
12-13-2014, 01:17 PM
I'm confused about how this thread is supposed to function early this afternoon

Don't mention the meteor by name?

Ultrarunner
12-13-2014, 08:35 PM
Ramming speed?

burnspbesq
12-13-2014, 11:16 PM
I am really impressed with Gonzaga.

Duvall
12-13-2014, 11:46 PM
I am really impressed with Gonzaga.

True, though I am not looking forward to the calls for a one-loss Gonzaga team to receive a 1-seed despite having one or fewer wins over top-25 opponents.

Bluegrassdevil1
12-14-2014, 12:23 AM
True, though I am not looking forward to the calls for a one-loss Gonzaga team to receive a 1-seed despite having one or fewer wins over top-25 opponents.

It is wonderful scenario to ponder though:

1. If Gonzaga's singular loss is a road OT game to a "likely" one-seed Arizona, does that make them more worthy than last seasons' Wichita State unbeaten team, one that did not have nearly the quality of schedule of the current Gonzaga squad?

2. Will the Selection Committee hold the Zags recent one-line spot in 2013, which resulted in a weak NCAA performance, against the squad?

3. With mid-majors receiving one-seeds the last two seasons (Zags '13, WSU '14), and flaming out early, would that influence the Committee on a third attempt?

4. There is a long list of teams that one would suspect would receive top seeds over Gonzaga:

a. UK.
b. Arizona.
c. Duke.
d. Wisconsin.
e. U of L.
f. Virginia.
g. Texas.
h. Villanova (maybe).
i. UNC (maybe).
j. Kansas (maybe).

It would seem unlikely that the Zags would not leap over all of these teams, but a potential 33-1 Gonzaga team would make for an interesting prospect come March.

arnie
12-14-2014, 08:26 AM

1. If Gonzaga's singular loss is a road OT game to a "likely" one-seed Arizona, does that make them more worthy than last seasons' Wichita State unbeaten team, one that did not have nearly the quality of schedule of the current Gonzaga squad?

2. Will the Selection Committee hold the Zags recent one-line spot in 2013, which resulted in a weak NCAA performance, against the squad?

3. With mid-majors receiving one-seeds the last two seasons (Zags '13, WSU '14), and flaming out early, would that influence the Committee on a third attempt?

4. There is a long list of teams that one would suspect would receive top seeds over Gonzaga:

a. UK.
b. Arizona.
c. Duke.
d. Wisconsin.
e. U of L.
f. Virginia.
g. Texas.
h. Villanova (maybe).
i. UNC (maybe).
j. Kansas (maybe).

It would seem unlikely that the Zags would not leap over all of these teams, but a potential 33-1 Gonzaga team would make for an interesting prospect come March.
Vehemently disagree that the team listed between h an j with double digit losses receives a 1- seed.

lotusland
12-14-2014, 08:48 AM
Vehemently disagree that the team listed between h an j with double digit losses receives a 1- seed.

The Team that cannot be Named (TTCBN)?

Yeah the Zags are a top seed if THEY are the only team standing betwixt.

Ultrarunner
12-14-2014, 11:57 AM

a. UK.
b. Arizona.
c. Duke.
d. Wisconsin.
e. U of L.
f. Virginia.
g. Texas.
h. Villanova (maybe).
i. UNC (maybe).
j. Kansas (maybe).

They might end up 33-1 but I expect that they're going to lose at least one more game (and more is certainly possible.) As with Duke last year, the Zags are an offensive juggernaut. Defense is their weakness. They currently rank 37th on KenPom but as we discovered last year, that's a number that can drop pretty quickly as teams figure out how to attack the weak areas. A hint is in their win over woeful WSU. The Cougs scored as many point against the Zags as they did against the poorly ranked defense of Santa Clara.

They're also a senior/junior dominated team. They aren't going to get a whole lot better over the course of the season.

Ultrarunner
12-14-2014, 06:55 PM
Birthday party for one of the grandkids, so no beer. However, watching the young'uns chasing each other around reminds me of a thundering herd.

Wander
12-16-2014, 11:03 PM
Sweet end to Wichita State-Alabama. Alabama up 51-40 before WSU remembered that they were a good team playing at home and Alabama is a non-Kentucky SEC team. My favorite non-Duke player VanVleet has had a rough start to the year but had a great game winning pass.

Duvall
12-16-2014, 11:08 PM
Sweet end to Wichita State-Alabama. Alabama up 51-40 before WSU remembered that they were a good team playing at home and Alabama is a non-Kentucky SEC team. My favorite non-Duke player VanVleet has had a rough start to the year but had a great game winning pass.

Always a shame to see a team from a low-major conference blow a chance for a big upset like that.

CameronBlue
12-16-2014, 11:13 PM
Always a shame to see a team from a low-major conference blow a chance for a big upset like that.

Zing. And the fact that it's Bama just hurts to the core, to the very core.

Tripping William
12-20-2014, 01:01 PM
Captain Benjamin Franklin Pierce handled his business. Et tu, Brute?

AncientPsychicT
12-20-2014, 01:39 PM
Who knew wild cats were allergic to citrus fruit?

rsvman
12-20-2014, 02:06 PM
Who knew wild cats were allergic to citrus fruit?

All felines hate citrus. It's a well known fact.

Tripping William
12-20-2014, 02:38 PM
All felines hate citrus. It's a well known fact.

That's just a lame ex"cuse."

subzero02
12-20-2014, 03:47 PM
Something's bruin in Chicago but it's not an upset...

burnspbesq
12-20-2014, 03:56 PM
Something's bruin in Chicago but it's not an upset...

Kentucky may match or even exceed our 34-2 start against Michigan in 2000.

ETA: Took the Bruins 7:59 to get on the board.

bbosbbos
12-20-2014, 03:57 PM
If I were UCLA AD I will fire Steve Alford immediately after this ugly game. Losing is not a problem, but playing without determination is a problem.

jacone21
12-20-2014, 04:23 PM
It's like watching a high school senior beat up a fifth grader. Embarrassing.

jipops
12-20-2014, 04:27 PM
It's like watching a high school senior beat up a fifth grader. Embarrassing.

UCLA's lack of fight aside, UK may also just be this good.

OldPhiKap
12-22-2014, 08:28 PM
Note to Jayhawks: sometimes you go to Sabbath on Saturday.

Tripping William
12-22-2014, 08:37 PM
Note to Jayhawks: sometimes you go to Sabbath on Saturday.

Owl drink to that

OldPhiKap
12-22-2014, 08:56 PM
Owl drink to that

What pairs with toasted Jayhawk? Because that was not even close.

BTW -- love the fact that, instead of taking a team bus to the game, the players all took the subway. Love me some Dumphy.

jimrowe0
12-22-2014, 09:01 PM
So Temple beat Kansas by 25 and we beat Temple by 20. So using transitive theory, we would beat Kansas by 45. Kentucky only beat Kansas by 32.

Duke >>. UK

OldPhiKap
12-22-2014, 09:02 PM
So Temple beat Kansas by 25 and we beat Temple by 20. So using transitive theory, we would beat Kansas by 45. Kentucky only beat Kansas by 32.

Duke >>. UK

How many do we need to beat the Heels by?

Hoping we double it.

jimrowe0
12-22-2014, 09:07 PM
How many do we need to beat the Heels by?

Hoping we double it.

Only 14, so double seems reasonable

OldPhiKap
12-22-2014, 09:10 PM
Only 14, so double seems reasonable

Or, we can just do it twice by 14. I'm not greedy.

Duvall
12-22-2014, 09:18 PM
Looks like UConn is going to escape with its first win against a top 10 team after two losses. (USN&WR top 10, that is.)

OldPhiKap
12-22-2014, 09:23 PM
Looks like UConn is going to escape with its first win against a top 10 team after two losses. (USN&WR top 10, that is.)

UConn-Temple on NYE day should be mighty interesting.

uh_no
12-22-2014, 09:26 PM
UConn-Temple on NYE day should be mighty interesting.

they're not Ivy league...uconn should be fine :P

Duke95
12-22-2014, 09:42 PM
How did Temple smack Kansas by 25?!?

OldPhiKap
12-22-2014, 09:46 PM

Temple played at an insane level. Kansas could not buy a shot.

Not sure that it mattered, but both played towards their extremes. Props to Twmple for getting it done.

Duke95
12-22-2014, 09:47 PM
Temple played at an insane level. Kansas could not buy a shot.

Not sure that it mattered,vbut both played towards their extremes.

Yep, I think you're right.
I saw some of the highlights. Some of those shots Temple hit were ridiculous. That hook Watson threw up barely qualified as a shot, and it went it.

roywhite
12-22-2014, 09:50 PM

Thoroughly outplayed them. Temple came to play, and Kansas didn't bring much fight.

Temple 77 Kansas 52 (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400586748)

Temple shot 58.3% FG to 32.1% for Kansas
15 assists to 8 for Kansas
8 blocks to 2 for Kansas
Kansas had 17 turnovers, many in the 1st half.

Impressive performance by the Owls.

77devil
12-22-2014, 10:07 PM
they're not Ivy league...uconn should be fine :P

Let's hope not. Go Owls.

burnspbesq
12-23-2014, 08:05 PM
The Quickening?

Naw. Can't be happening.

burnspbesq
12-23-2014, 08:59 PM
Nova woke up with about 16 minutes to go. The margin over the last 13 minutes is somewhere around 25.

Bonus basketball in Austin.

moonpie23
12-23-2014, 10:23 PM
i'm kinda shocked at what's going on at the Luau..

moonpie23
12-23-2014, 11:09 PM
the coals of the Luau are pretty hot

rsvman
12-23-2014, 11:10 PM
Perhaps the islands are not shocking?

burnspbesq
12-24-2014, 12:32 AM
Down goes Zona.

Duvall
12-24-2014, 12:33 AM
It is a period of civil war. Rebel cagers, striking from a hidden practice facility, have won their first victory against the evil Wildcat Empire.

Ultrarunner
12-24-2014, 12:40 AM
I tuned in late, breaking one of my Cardinal rules. Congrats to JD!

subzero02
12-24-2014, 04:11 AM
Is defeat in the cards for all feral felines this week? Yum, it would be a tasty treat if that's how it plays out.

moonpie23
12-24-2014, 08:35 AM
absolutely LOVE seeing AZ lose....

Henderson
12-24-2014, 09:23 AM
absolutely LOVE seeing AZ lose....

So do folks in LV. There were over 15,000 people at the game, many of whom had a long drive home to Tucson.

burnspbesq
12-30-2014, 06:35 PM
It may not last, but right now Davidson is on pace to put up >80 against the supposedly impenetrable Virginia defense.

uh_no
12-30-2014, 06:36 PM
It may not last, but right now Davidson is on pace to put up >80 against the supposedly impenetrable Virginia defense.

kenpom projected davidson to put up a 92....they're currently putting up a 148

CDu
12-30-2014, 06:43 PM
kenpom projected davidson to put up a 92....they're currently putting up a 148

Davidson has more points in 18 minutes vs UVa than either MSU or Maryland had in 34 minutes in their game.

Duvall
12-30-2014, 06:50 PM
It did not last.

roywhite
12-30-2014, 08:48 PM
Okay, Virginia is definitely good -- smart, tough, well-coached

I didn't quite see what Len Elmore was absolutely swooning about; perhaps his ardor for the Cavs is just slightly affected by his hardhearted disdain for Duke?

burnspbesq
12-30-2014, 08:51 PM
Is Murlund the best team in the B1G?

OldPhiKap
12-30-2014, 09:13 PM
Did you see the end of the FSU-Florida game?!?

pfrduke
12-30-2014, 09:14 PM
Did you see the end of the FSU-Florida game?!?

The Noles Tyler Zellered the Gators.

tbyers11
12-30-2014, 10:25 PM
Is Murlund the best team in the B1G?

I'll go 2nd best after Wisconsin. I didn't think Michigan, Michigan St, and Ohio St were top 10 teams this year but I'm surprised at how bad they have been.

sagegrouse
12-30-2014, 10:27 PM
The Noles Tyler Zellered the Gators.

Jacob Kurtz didn't have to do anything except box out; instead, he went for the ball. Oooops!!! Butter-fingers!!!

devildeac
01-03-2015, 07:44 PM
Category 5 on the radar?

jipops
01-03-2015, 07:55 PM
Category 5 on the radar?

The storm keeps stalling.

devildeac
01-03-2015, 07:57 PM
The storm keeps stalling.

Could be downgraded to a tropical "depression."

Mabdul Doobakus
01-03-2015, 08:08 PM
Battier jinxed them.

Good job, good effort, Miami. Tough loss. Would've been huge come NCAA tourney bubble watch time.

devildeac
01-03-2015, 08:10 PM
Merely a brief tropical disturbance.

Ultrarunner
01-04-2015, 09:19 PM
I wonder if the newcomers to the ACC understand there are no nights off? You have to bring it every single game or somebody from the basement will slug you, even the friendly neighborhood Deacon.

moonpie23
01-05-2015, 09:02 PM
this is going to really irritate me...

edit......actually, it was quite the opposite...

CameronBornAndBred
01-05-2015, 09:05 PM
Whew.

Merlindevildog91
01-05-2015, 09:05 PM
My Irish ancestors are proud tonight.

Billy Dat
01-05-2015, 09:06 PM
My Irish ancestors are proud tonight.

Loved hearing Shane on the color commentary.

arnie
01-05-2015, 09:07 PM

Zumba, Zumba - I really liked the students in the background cheering when the tip in went thru the basket a full second after the horn.

Duvall
Battier's record in the Student Activities Center improves to 4-1.

Dukehky
Shane was really good tonight. He has improved a ton this year so far.

Roy just totally blew that game for his kids.

ChillinDuke
01-05-2015, 09:08 PM

Really bizarre sequence of events to end it.

1) The timeout granted despite the ball being pretty clearly loose.
2) With 3.7 secs left, Roy calls a timeout once they cross halfcourt (?!?!) giving the Heels 1.4 secs to inbound/get a shot off.
3) As an almost perfect, dictionary-esque reason for why not to call timeout with 1.4 secs left in that scenario, Paige gets an extremely contested shot while moving sideways and misses.

Really poor call by Roy on that timeout.

- Chillin

devildeac
01-05-2015, 09:10 PM

2) With 3.7 secs left, Roy calls a timeout once they cross halfcourt (?!?!) giving the Heels 1.4 secs to inbound/get a shot off.
3) As an almost perfect, dictionary-esque reason for why not to call timeout with 1.4 secs left in that scenario, Paige gets an extremely contested shot while moving sideways and misses.

- Chillin

Maybe he realized he couldn't carry it over to their next game:rolleyes:.

ND dude shooting 86% FT did his team no good by bricking 2 with 5 seconds remaining.

But, all's well that ends well.

Ultrarunner
01-05-2015, 09:11 PM
Ya know, this thread isn't 100% foolproof but it's doing okay. Had me gulping a bit when the Irish missed both FTs at the end.

OldPhiKap
01-05-2015, 09:11 PM
Shane was really good tonight. He has improved a ton this year so far.

Roy just totally blew that game for his kids.

Agreed on both points.

- Chillin

Roy is not in the daggum good-coaching spirit.

Duvall
01-05-2015, 09:12 PM
Zumba, Zumba - I really liked the students in the background cheering when the tip in went thru the basket a full second after the horn.

Yeah, that...that was not good.

duketaylor
01-05-2015, 09:21 PM
During the 1st half did anybody else notice how many empty seats there were. I'd estimate more than half-empty. On an emotional game-night against another ranked opponent. Just pitiful. At least Roy snatched defeat from the (potential) jaws of victory. I'd guess IC is in yet another meltdown mode.

Way to show up tonight Heels fans.

jipops
01-05-2015, 09:22 PM
Just watched a few of the espn videos, didnt watch on tv...from the looks of it the heels and Irish only managed 4pts and 2pts respectively in the last 4:30 of the game. Hard to believe unc could only manage that at home.

moonpie23
01-05-2015, 09:30 PM
i'm sorta glad they gave him the TO as they would definitely called a foul on ND.......

Duke95
01-05-2015, 10:13 PM
Oklahoma is just lighting up Texas right now.

AncientPsychicT
01-05-2015, 10:24 PM
Oklahoma is just lighting up Texas right now.

I don't understand... are you trying to reverse jinx the Sooners?

Cause right now, it's pretty clear that in order to cross the Red River, using a covered wagon is far superior to riding on the back of a longhorned bull.

MarkD83
01-05-2015, 10:33 PM
During the 1st half did anybody else notice how many empty seats there were. I'd estimate more than half-empty. On an emotional game-night against another ranked opponent. Just pitiful. At least Roy snatched defeat from the (potential) jaws of victory. I'd guess IC is in yet another meltdown mode.

Way to show up tonight Heels fans.

I'm actually glad the dean Dome was half empty. Maybe some UNC fans are a bit upset by the academic/athletic scandal and decided to show their disgust by not going to the game.

jacone21
01-05-2015, 10:34 PM
The winds are definitely sweeping down the plain, Aunt Eller!

Ultrarunner
01-05-2015, 10:39 PM
I don't understand... are you trying to reverse jinx the Sooners?

I tried that with the twerps about a month back. Sadly, that function seems broken on the thread.

msdukie
01-05-2015, 11:44 PM
Battier's record in the Student Activities Center improves to 4-1.

And until tonight, I was at the last two wins.

OldPhiKap
01-06-2015, 07:00 AM
I'm actually glad the dean Dome was half empty. Maybe some UNC fans are a bit upset by the academic/athletic scandal and decided to show their disgust by not going to the game.

Slim chance. Although the dump ooked full in the second half, maybe the baked brie took longer to prepare than expected and it was just a late-arriving crowd.

Ultrarunner
01-06-2015, 07:37 PM
Feeling a touch rebellious, but I'm sure it's just a phase and will pass.

Tripping William
01-06-2015, 07:46 PM
Feeling a touch rebellious, but I'm sure it's just a phase and will pass.

I suppose it's your Oxford education.

NYBri
01-06-2015, 07:54 PM
Half way through my dinner, I spilled my bourbon.

Tripping William
01-06-2015, 08:00 PM
Half way through my dinner, I spilled my bourbon.

You should replace it with a hotty toddy.

MarkD83
01-06-2015, 08:03 PM
Slim chance. Although the dump ooked full in the second half, maybe the baked brie took longer to prepare than expected and it was just a late-arriving crowd.

One can always hope that someone in Chapel Hill comes to their senses.........or not.

NashvilleDevil
01-06-2015, 08:17 PM
My hotty toddy wore off back to some Woodford or Pappy.

moonpie23
01-06-2015, 08:47 PM
my, my, the cooking is studly in studlyville...

Ultrarunner
01-06-2015, 09:07 PM
Think I'll crack open a bottle of wine . . . got a decent Cab from Alexander Valley I wanted to try.

moonpie23
01-06-2015, 09:10 PM
aaarrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... :(

pfrduke
01-06-2015, 09:12 PM
I will never understand the "dribble around 40 feet from the basket for 20 seconds and then chuck a contested 30-footer as the clock runs down" play that so many teams seem to run in close-and-late situations. It has to be one of the lowest percentage options available

FerryFor50
01-06-2015, 09:14 PM
I will never understand the "dribble around 40 feet from the basket for 20 seconds and then chuck a contested 30-footer as the clock runs down" play that so many teams seem to run in close-and-late situations. It has to be one of the lowest percentage options available

Was thinking the same.

Also, Ole Miss has 26 fouls to Kentucky's 14. Kentucky has taken 34 FTs to Ole Miss's 15. Kentucky has taken 21 threes to 14.

Home court advantage!

Duvall
01-06-2015, 09:16 PM

Probably a higher percentage than driving and hoping to draw a foul in the closing seconds in Rupp, though.

FerryFor50
01-06-2015, 09:19 PM
Andrew Harrison is pretty friggin clutch, going back to last season's NCAAs.

Ice water in his veins.

moonpie23
01-06-2015, 09:20 PM
the rebel forces are tiring...

moonpie23
01-06-2015, 09:22 PM
when is a ref going to find a pair and T up Cal for being on the court?

ps.....i don't like Cal

uh_no
01-06-2015, 09:26 PM
ole miss lost this game when they didn't call a timeout in regulation when their guy was trapped....and instead turned it over.

pfrduke
01-06-2015, 09:29 PM
Probably a higher percentage than driving and hoping to draw a foul in the closing seconds in Rupp, though.

Those aren't the exclusive options of an offensive possession. At least do something to make the defense work.

Philadukie
01-06-2015, 09:43 PM
ole miss lost this game when they didn't call a timeout in regulation when their guy was trapped....and instead turned it over.

More importantly, they lost the game when they didn't win in regulation.

Rule #1 of a major upset: get it done in regulation play. The pressure is off the favored team in overtime. Most times, they take a deep breath and get loose again.

At least the aura of invincibility is gone. Other teams in the SEC are going to benefit psychologically from this game. They'll be more likely to go into games believing they can win, which is half the battle.

Kentucky will lose at some point.