PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Duke vs. Fairfield Pre-Game and In-Game Thread (Nov 15, 8 pm, ESPN3)

JBDuke
11-15-2014, 01:04 AM
Our only game of the year not televised over a broadcast or cable network. Put your pre-game and in-game thoughts here.

COYS
11-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Our only game of the year not televised over a broadcast or cable network. Put your pre-game and in-game thoughts here.

From what I understand, this game can be viewed live it on replay by anyone with Internet access that allows WatchESPN, regardless of whether or not you have a cable package. So at least there's that.

bbosbbos
11-15-2014, 09:05 AM
I will go to CIS. See you guys there at 8:00 pm.

BD80
11-15-2014, 03:55 PM
Now that we're a basketball school again, maybe this should be brought to the top

slower
11-15-2014, 04:45 PM
This game is NOT shown on ESPN3's schedule for tonight. Anybody have definitive info?

Indoor66
11-15-2014, 04:46 PM
This game is NOT shown on ESPN3's schedule for tonight. Anybody have definitive info?

I just saw it listed on ESPN3 future broadcasts for tonight....:cool:

slower
11-15-2014, 04:56 PM
I just saw it listed on ESPN3 future broadcasts for tonight....:cool:

Thanks! I see it now - didn't look under future broadcasts. Looks like the 8PM broadcast is region-specific.

mattman91
11-15-2014, 05:15 PM
will this be on Goduke for subscribers?

BluDvlsN1
11-15-2014, 05:23 PM

I have ESPN 3 open, its not listed yet your correct, but there is a dropdown with a pic of Rasheed with the event detail and a "watch now"tab when its game time. Good Luck

Edit
(posted before I read complete thread on future events)
Should have no problem viewing

WV_Iron_Duke
11-15-2014, 05:25 PM
This game is exactly why I bought a Roku3 so I can watch Duke the few Duke games not on national tv on my big tv. In the DC area the Raycom games are sporadic and when the terps played we were not on the ACC Network which would happen a couple of times each year.

FireOgilvie
11-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Presbyterian was ranked 349th in the BPI last year - 3rd to last in the country. They lost 2 of their top 5 scorers from last season and their leading scorer last night was a freshman.

Fairfield is coming off a win last night and they should be a solid step up in competition from yesterday. However, Fairfield was still pretty bad last year; they had 7 wins and their BPI was 286th. They return pretty much everyone but their leading scorer. They won by 8 last night against Cent Conn State (BPI 330 last year).

Let's see if we can keep up the same level of dominant play tonight against better competition.

awhom111
11-15-2014, 06:11 PM
Presbyterian was ranked 349th in the BPI last year - 3rd to last in the country. They lost 2 of their top 5 scorers from last season and their leading scorer last night was a freshman.

Fairfield is coming off a win last night and they should be a solid step up in competition from yesterday. However, Fairfield was still pretty bad last year; they had 7 wins and their BPI was 286th. They return pretty much everyone but their leading scorer. They won by 8 last night against Cent Conn State (BPI 330 last year).

Let's see if we can keep up the same level of dominant play tonight against better competition.

Oddly enough, Central Connecticut State also has Blue Devils as a mascot, so Fairfield is playing the Blue Devils twice in two nights.

theAlaskanBear
11-15-2014, 07:50 PM
Looks like the ESPN3 duke v fairfield channel is up.

Troublemaker
11-15-2014, 07:51 PM
Here's a direct link to the game for anyone having trouble finding it: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2099794/gameId/400586117/

Right now it's still in standby. The feed will probably open up in about 10 minutes at the top of the hour.

Troublemaker
11-15-2014, 07:58 PM
In the spirit of finding at least one key to the game, even against overmatched teams, let's see how Duke's defense handles Fairfield's backdoor attempts. There should be plenty since the Fairfield coach used to play and coach at Princeton.

JNort
11-15-2014, 08:30 PM
I see the radio broadcast on goduke.com but is there not video? If not will they post the replay?

JBDuke
11-15-2014, 08:32 PM
I see the radio broadcast on goduke.com but is there not video? If not will they post the replay?

The game is being "broadcast" on ESPN3, so I don't think goduke.com has the rights to air the video.

DukieInBrasil
11-15-2014, 08:35 PM
Defense is having trouble guarding GIlbert.

Gthoma2a
11-15-2014, 08:51 PM
Defense is having trouble guarding GIlbert.

It is often hard guarding shooters who can hit from anywhere. He seems to be that guy, and he seems to be feeling it tonight. That is the type of situation that is hard for experienced teams, much less inexperienced ones, but, IMO, not a cause for concern. The pressure is still tight, and he will come back down to Earth (plus, Jahlil looks to have settled in). Amile should really regret not extending his range during the Summer, though. If he could threaten on offense, it would make life much easier for the team. He is unguarded and that SHOULD mean a big game.

Ultrarunner
11-15-2014, 09:01 PM
It is often hard guarding shooters who can hit from anywhere. He seems to be that guy, and he seems to be feeling it tonight. That is the type of situation that is hard for experienced teams, much less inexperienced ones, but, IMO, not a cause for concern. The pressure is still tight, and he will come back down to Earth (plus, Jahlil looks to have settled in). Amile should really regret not extending his range during the Summer, though. If he could threaten on offense, it would make life much easier for the team. He is unguarded and that SHOULD mean a big game.

To be fair, he's already hit one tonight from the elbow.

FireOgilvie
11-15-2014, 09:02 PM
Okafor with 4 turnovers. He's scoring efficiently when he gets it in good position, but he's having trouble passing out of the double team. Justise looks great.

The ball movement died when Tyus and Justise were out of the game.

Fairfield is shooting over the defense and making long 2s. We forced them to take a lot of inefficient shots, but they just made a lot of them.

I would like to see Amile be more aggressive down low. He has no fouls but was playing like he had 4 and didn't want to foul out.

FireOgilvie
11-15-2014, 09:21 PM
Surprisingly, only 5 bench points so far (out of 64 total).

Gthoma2a
11-15-2014, 09:21 PM
To be fair, he's already hit one tonight from the elbow.

He is one for two, and he looked less comfortable than Marshall did with the three last night. I am happy he hit that shot, but he has got to get better range than that at some point in his career. It limits him and makes it harder to use Jahlil (and presumably our next big man), IMO.

Looking like we can run away now. We need to keep the focus on Okafor, though. I like that we can hit shots from outside, but Okafor rarely ever misses.

kAzE
11-15-2014, 09:30 PM
Hm . . . MP3 looks like he's finally shed the "Plumlee awkwardness." He still has some pretty bad hands, but he doesn't have that deer in the headlights look everytime he touches the ball now. That was a pretty good fake to get his man in the air and draw the foul. And what's with his silky smooth stroke at the foul line (and beyond the arc)?

Grayson Allen might be on pace to score 1 point per minute. He certainly makes the most of his opportunities on the court. He's well on his way to becoming one of all time favorites.

-bdbd
11-15-2014, 09:33 PM
Hard to complain about a 30 point lead with 12 minutes to go. We really do have a great set of athletes. Obviously we have areas of possible, with a young team, but they are going to be really good come March.

Given our athleticism, and a big eraser in back, I really want to see lots of pressing this year. We can great turnovers in bucketfulls.

Not bad for a "football school."

grossbus
11-15-2014, 09:48 PM
Espn3 is thoroughly annoying.