PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Presbyterian (Nov 14, 2014)

JBDuke
11-14-2014, 08:53 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 113-44 season-opening win over the Blue Hose?

bbosbbos
11-14-2014, 08:59 PM
MP3. I think his problem is self confidence. Once find that MP3 will be very good and benefit us in the long term.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-14-2014, 10:29 PM
MP3. I think his problem is self confidence. Once find that MP3 will be very good and benefit us in the long term.
I agree with MP3! He took and hit his first career 3!

Justice Winslow was very impressive also.

53n206
11-14-2014, 10:32 PM
All of them. Great team effort. Wonderful start with the team.

IrishDevil
11-14-2014, 10:51 PM
The MOTM threads this season may contain a striking lack of consensus - just too many good options.

Alas, alack, what a problem! :cool:

I went with Rasheed - nice to see the good Sheed out there. Active on D, not forcing the issue on offense, good decision making with the ball. Like the announcer said: if we can bring a player like him off the bench, we are truly sitting pretty.

JBDuke
11-15-2014, 12:58 AM
The MOTM threads this season may contain a striking lack of consensus - just too many good options.

Alas, alack, what a problem! :cool:

I went with Rasheed - nice to see the good Sheed out there. Active on D, not forcing the issue on offense, good decision making with the ball. Like the announcer said: if we can bring a player like him off the bench, we are truly sitting pretty.

According to the box score, Rasheed didn't miss a shot, had 4 assists, a couple of rebounds, 2 steals, a block, and only one turnover, despite being the primary ballhandler for a couple of stretches. A very good night. Most importantly, he was active and under control.

Dukehky
11-15-2014, 01:06 AM
I am going to vote for Tyus every game we win this year. So there's that.

Bob Green
11-15-2014, 05:18 AM
I went with Tyus Jones with a 7:1 ATO ratio. Honorable mention goes to Rasheed Sulaimon. There were a lot of options including JustiSe Winslow.

devildeac
11-15-2014, 07:09 AM
I went with Tyus Jones with a 7:1 ATO ratio. Honorable mention goes to Rasheed Sulaimon. There were a lot of options including JustiSe Winslow.

My vote was for Jahlil with an 4:0 ATO ratio, far, far, far better than 7:1. Cook was my 2nd choice, also with a fabulous A:TO ratio of 5:0 but less points. Just(ise) couldn't vote for Winslow as he had 3 TO. Couldn't vote for 'Sheed either as he was far from the perfection someone mentioned up-thread as he also had a turnover. C'mon, folks, we almost had double digit turnovers last PM. We've gotta protect the ball better.

(Of course, I'm yanking a couple chains with my comments above as I thought we played an excellent game on both sides of the ball.)

wilko
11-15-2014, 08:03 AM
Its hard to pick for this game. Everyone played a superlative game last nite.

I picked Grayson Allen just because of that one OUTSTANDING defensive steal where 1 touch pass later we had an easy bucket. THAT has been absent for so long.... I really missed that.

BD80
11-15-2014, 09:51 AM
My vote was for Jahlil with an 4:0 ATO ratio, far, far, far better than 7:1. Cook was my 2nd choice, also with a fabulous A:TO ratio of 5:0 but less points. Just(ise) couldn't vote for Winslow as he had 3 TO. Couldn't vote for 'Sheed either as he was far from the perfection someone mentioned up-thread as he also had a turnover. C'mon, folks, we almost had double digit turnovers last PM. We've gotta protect the ball better. ...

Jah was also 9-10 from the field. The rest of the team was a paltry 55% from the field.

AncientPsychicT
11-15-2014, 09:53 AM
Jah was also 9-10 from the field. The rest of the team was a paltry 55% from the field.

Yeah, but Marshall Plumlee was 100% from 3.

gurufrisbee
11-15-2014, 02:45 PM
I voted for Cook, but I will admit that I think he's the most important player this year for the team and I am biased because I also think if used/coached right he can be incredible, so in a game like this with so many good and worthy choices I tend to lean towards him.

DukieInBrasil
11-15-2014, 06:07 PM
Sean got the assist on MP3's 3pt shot, so he's a miracle maker. That gets MOTM from me!!!

Seriously, Sheed for me in that he played a perfect game ('cepting for that 1 t.o.) and he showed that he can play exactly the way this team needs him to play. Under control, scoring when open, passing when the other guy has a better play, rebounds, defense. He stuffed the stat sheet, he showed the versatility we'll need from him to be our best.

JNort
11-15-2014, 09:36 PM
I voted for Quinn. He played smart, confident and unselfish. He scored when we needed it, he made great passes and protected the ball very well. He compliment Tyus so well .

devildeac
11-16-2014, 02:30 PM
BluDvlsN1 shared this with me to accompany my MP3 post that I can't locate because my search ability has failed me:o :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv7A3r0a7Ns&feature=youtube_gdata_player