PDA

View Full Version : MBB (Exh): Duke vs. Central Missouri - Pregame and Ingame

riverside6
11-08-2014, 12:42 PM
Don't see a hoops game thread started, so hope you guys don't mind me starting one.

Check out live tempo-based stats for the game at the link below, starters for Duke are posted: Tyus Jones, Matt Jones, Winslow, Jefferson, and Okafor

http://www.scacchoops.com/central-missouri-at-duke-basketball-live-stats-1182014-1-pm

jlear
11-08-2014, 12:47 PM
Anyone else having trouble logging into their BDN+ account. I have 2 paid accounts that the systems says don't exist.

Troublemaker
11-08-2014, 01:02 PM
Anyone else having trouble logging into their BDN+ account. I have 2 paid accounts that the systems says don't exist.

No issues here. I hope it gets solved for you!

BD80
11-08-2014, 01:11 PM
Being outscored 2 to 1 at home by Central Missouri. Its over. We're a football school.

Gthoma2a
11-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Being outscored 2 to 1 at home by Central Missouri. Its over. We're a football school.

Then the second unit came in and showed how it's done. Grayson, Semi, Quinn, Marshall (with some disruption and a block) and Sheed got it done to get the lead back. Impressive pressure. Quinn's jumper looks good, Grayson didn't finish, but he forced a foul and Semi drove to get to the line. Hopefully the first unit sees that you have to play hard against everybody, now. Good news is we have experienced players to back them up (I think Quinn is a better leader for that than some realize, and Marshall is intensity in a bottle). Now, Winslow is getting into the show on both ends! Substitutions have changed. We now have hybrid lineups. Quinn and the first unit being used some and Sheed played with the first unit a bit, with Quinn at PG. Performed well. Quinn looks like he may be a key to keeping this team focused.

Okafor just made a poster on the break... and 1.

Duke by 10. 23-13.

All-in-all, we're what UNC has paid a lot and cheated to be, a multi-sport school (revenue sports).

Gthoma2a
11-08-2014, 01:39 PM
We've come back down to the expectations we had to start about the threes, but Quinn will still hit them, and we will certainly still have nights where other guys get on a streak.

Plumlee with a put-back, football with a lead and an interception (other game). Announcer just hit on Semi again...

Plumlee is channeling Zoubek (rebounding and defending like a man out there), and Tyus hit his first 3 since coming to Duke (hopefully, we see MANY more).

Cook is playing really well. Defending with a lot of pressure.

Gthoma2a
11-08-2014, 02:00 PM
At the half, Justise looks great. 12 points, 5 rebounds. He is a very effective slasher.

Overall, looks like we are coming back down to Earth offensively (we aren't doing poorly, but the shots aren't falling). If we are a great defensive team, we still have plenty of guys to make enough plays to win on days like this. I would rather that than a team that has nothing, but a ton of scoring (we've seen how that works out).

slower
11-08-2014, 02:34 PM
?..we still have plenty of guys to make enough plays to win on days like this...

Days like this?? Do you mean there's even a remote chance Central Missouri (!) might make a game of it? Because if that's the case...oh, God.

Gthoma2a
11-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Days like this?? Do you mean there's even a remote chance Central Missouri (!) might make a game of it? Because if that's the case...oh, God.

Not them, but I was talking about us not being able to hit 3s. We were taking a lot of them at the start, and missing. Against another team, that could mean a close game (we started off down 9-3, but, no, we are not anywhere near having competition here). More a statement of days when shots aren't falling (although, the team found a spark, after I made that comment). We're using our diverse offense and scoring with 2s now.

I would say that this year's team would be a nightmare for last year's team. Their defense would drive last year's team crazy and the driving would be unstoppable for last year's team.

We are winning by 41 on a day, where we have been a little cold on our outside shots.