PDA

View Full Version : MLax News and Notes: A Double Dip?

burnspbesq
11-07-2014, 05:27 PM
In recent years, Duke has been among the last teams in D1 men's lacrosse to announce its schedule for the upcoming season, and this year is no exception. What we know about our schedule so far comes from other teams' schedules.

We know, for example, that we have a neutral-site monster matchup against Denver in Week Two, on Valentines' day at Kennesaw State outside Altanta. We also know that we go to Stony Brook in Week Four.

Opening day could be kinda interesting, as both High Point and Jacksonville have games against Duke on 2/7 on their respective schedules. Jax has been the season opener for at least the last three years, and High Point's schedule shows them playing us and Carolina back-to-back, in four days, to open the season. Nobody's that crazy. So we'll see how this shakes out.

In other news, congrats to Luke Duprey on his appointment as assistant women's coach at San Diego State. The Aztecs are an up-and-coming program, fighting it out with a bunch of Pac-12 schools and a few others in the MPSF.

BigWayne
11-07-2014, 09:13 PM
4/18/15 @ Marquette

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-lacros/sched/marq-m-lacros-sched.html

cspan37421
11-08-2014, 08:01 PM
We know, for example, that we have a neutral-site monster matchup against Denver in Week Two, on Valentines' day at Kennesaw State outside Altanta.

That's pretty exciting - a Saturday rematch of the 2014 Final Four semifinal, outside of Atlanta! On the other hand, it could be mighty cold at that time of year. I assume they'll be at Fifth Third Bank Stadium?

It's pretty amazing how much warmer you have to dress when you're just sitting outside. Far more layers or warmer stuff (like down) than if you're being active outside, say shoveling snow or even walking. Still, I've put it on my calendar and hope for good weather -it would be great to drive 90 mi south and support the team!

PS didn't Kennesaw State knock off Ga Tech a couple years ago in basketball?