PROBABLE

S Deondre Singleton (upper body)

OUT

CB Alonzo Saxton II (shoulder)

OUT FOR SEASON

LB Kelby Brown (leg)

TE Braxton Deaver (leg)

DE Taariq Shabazz (leg)

That's a nice, short list. Too bad for Saxton as I think he's been a good player to have on special teams but I gotta admit it's tough to keep up with those guys on KO and KO returns. I know he's had some DB action early in the year in some of the non-conference games.

Thank again, Jim.

roywhite
11-06-2014, 12:19 PM
PROBABLE

OUT

OUT FOR SEASON

LB Kelby Brown (leg)

TE Braxton Deaver (leg)

DE Taariq Shabazz (leg)

Wait, where are pages 2, 3, and 4?:)

Good news to see a relatively healthy team in November

Until last year, November had been a cruel month for Duke football

ChillinDuke
11-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Duke Football Injury Report

Duke vs. Syracuse

November 6, 2014

PROBABLE

OUT

OUT FOR SEASON

LB Kelby Brown (leg)

TE Braxton Deaver (leg)

DE Taariq Shabazz (leg)

Jim - did you add extra spacing so as to keep this list the usual length?

Fantastic to see essentially one player out.

Thanks as always.

- Chillin

Bob Green
11-06-2014, 01:28 PM
I'm liking this nice short list. Deondre Singleton is a key player so hopefully he can go. Evrett Edwards (#2) is Singleton's backup at the Bandit Safety position. Edwards saw significant action in the Pitt game.

luvdahops
11-06-2014, 01:39 PM
I'm liking this nice short list. Deondre Singleton is a key player so hopefully he can go. Evrett Edwards (#2) is Singleton's backup at the Bandit Safety position. Edwards saw significant action in the Pitt game.

Edwards had a pretty rough game against Pitt from what I saw - missed some tackles and took some bad angles, and appeared to be out of place in pass coverage multiple times. Not that he was alone in those respects, but I kept noticing #2. Hopefully he learned from it and will be much improved against Syracuse.

OldPhiKap
11-06-2014, 01:42 PM
Edwards had a pretty rough game against Pitt from what I saw - missed some tackles and took some bad angles, and appeared to be out of place in pass coverage multiple times. Not that he was alone in those respects, but I kept noticing #2. Hopefully he learned from it and will be much improved against Syracuse.

I think "upper body" injury is a euphemism for "kept making violent contact with Conner." If that kid doesn't leave a bruise on you, nothing will.

AncientPsychicT
11-06-2014, 03:04 PM
I think "upper body" injury is a euphemism for "kept making violent contact with Conner." If that kid doesn't leave a bruise on you, nothing will.

Evrett Edwards repeatedly making violent contact with Conner gave Deondre Singleton an upper body injury? :p :cool:

OldPhiKap
11-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Evrett Edwards repeatedly making violent contact with Conner gave Deondre Singleton an upper body injury? :p :cool:

Hell, it gave ME upper body contusions and I was watching on television 500 miles away.

TruBlu
11-06-2014, 03:45 PM

You could say that about many (if not all) of Duke's defensive players.

Hopefully, the coaching staff spent a lot of time on tackling techniques. Hopefully, also, the 'Cuse doesn't have a Conner Clone.

DukeSean
11-06-2014, 11:36 PM

Actually, Cut singled him out for his performance against Pitt to the team as an example of a guy who was well prepared if the situation called for him to get a lot of playing time. He really had high remarks for Edward's preparedness for the Pitt game.

Now of course when I'm trying to find a link or tweet I can't find it, but I distinctly remember reading it

luvdahops
11-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Actually, Cut singled him out for his performance against Pitt to the team as an example of a guy who was well prepared if the situation called for him to get a lot of playing time. He really had high remarks for Edward's preparedness for the Pitt game.

Now of course when I'm trying to find a link or tweet I can't find it, but I distinctly remember reading it

I believe you, though there is a distinction between preparedness and performance. FWIW, my comments were just based on what I observed on TV. I played DB in HS (~35 years ago), so tend to watch the secondary more, especially when we are on defense. And as I said in my post, Edwards was hardly alone in making mistakes in that game. I just noticed his more. But if Cut has confidence in him, that is plenty good enough for me.

DukeSean
11-07-2014, 12:52 PM
I believe you, though there is a distinction between preparedness and performance. FWIW, my comments were just based on what I observed on TV. I played DB in HS (~35 years ago), so tend to watch the secondary more, especially when we are on defense. And as I said in my post, Edwards was hardly alone in making mistakes in that game. I just noticed his more. But if Cut has confidence in him, that is plenty good enough for me.

I think the reason Cut's comments struck me because I had a similar thought as you wrt Edwards performance. So I was surprised he had made those comments because based upon my eye test he didn't have such a praiseworthy performance. But maybe Cut looked at the game film and drew a difference conclusion, maybe what looked like Edwards' mistakes were actually others'. Dunno