PDA

View Full Version : What Brad Daugherty is up to

JasonEvans
09-13-2007, 02:12 PM
I know folks here have wondered in the past what happened to Brad Daugherty-- why he does not do any more college basketball broadcasts on ESPN. I was watching ESPN this morning and I found out why.

Because he is now ESPN's NASCAR analyst!! MAybe the rest of you knew this but I had no idea. Apparently, Brad grew up as a huge NASCAR fan. He wore #43 with UNC and the Cavs because Richard Petty is his hero. After retiring from the NBA, Brad owned a Craftsman Truck Series team that included Kevin Harvick.

Like I said, I had no idea and found this kinda cool.

--Jason "so, Elton is a part-time movie producer and Daugherty owns NASCAR trucks... amazing what fun stuff you can do with gobs and gobs of money ;) " Evans

VAGentleman05
09-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Yeah, he's on many of the ESPN broadcasts and he's actually pretty good at it.

Indoor66
09-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Yeah, he's on many of the ESPN broadcasts and he's actually pretty good at it.

That is not too surprising. He was great as a BB anouncer/commentator.

VAGentleman05
09-13-2007, 07:30 PM
That is not too surprising. He was great as a BB anouncer/commentator.

Agreed...he seems like a really great, authentic guy all the way around.

JBDuke
09-13-2007, 07:53 PM
I know folks here have wondered in the past what happened to Brad Daugherty-- why he does not do any more college basketball broadcasts on ESPN. I was watching ESPN this morning and I found out why.

Because he is now ESPN's NASCAR analyst!! MAybe the rest of you knew this but I had no idea. Apparently, Brad grew up as a huge NASCAR fan. He wore #43 with UNC and the Cavs because Richard Petty is his hero. After retiring from the NBA, Brad owned a Craftsman Truck Series team that included Kevin Harvick.

Like I said, I had no idea and found this kinda cool.

--Jason "so, Elton is a part-time movie producer and Daugherty owns NASCAR trucks... amazing what fun stuff you can do with gobs and gobs of money ;) " Evans

Geez, Jason - this was a board topic MONTHS ago, when we discussed it during last year's basketball season. For a moderator, you sure don't pay attention! ;-)

throatybeard
09-13-2007, 10:48 PM
There's a certain amount of gallows humor in realizing the first big-time AfAm NASCAR commentator hits the airwaves not too long before peak oil puts the sport out of business.

Indoor66
09-14-2007, 10:25 AM
There's a certain amount of gallows humor in realizing the first big-time AfAm NASCAR commentator hits the airwaves not too long before peak oil puts the sport out of business.

Now it might be moved to the Public Policy board!

Johnboy
09-14-2007, 10:33 AM

I thought racing fuel was mostly if not entirely ethanol. I'm too lazy to look it up, though.

[EDIT]: BZZZT! WRONG! (http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/headlines/cup/01/20/nascar.fuel/) Not only do they not use ethanol, they have just agreed to use unleaded beginning next year. Indy cars ethanol, though they used to use methanol.